Star Trek Federation vs. the Cylons, who would win?

starcrunch

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

federation may try negotiate but that wouldnt work as the cylons dont do that' date=' also its a tad bit unrealistic in comparing the cylons against the fed, as the technology is far more advanced in star trek. one way the cylons could get the upper hand is by sneeking a cylone clone onboard.[/quote']

The Cylons do pretend to negotiate if it suits their purposes. Given time, the technological gulf would be bridged and Cylons are patient.

federation may try negotiate but that wouldnt work as the cylons dont do that' date=' also its a tad bit unrealistic in comparing the cylons against the fed, as the technology is far more advanced in star trek. one way the cylons could get the upper hand is by sneeking a cylone clone onboard.[/quote']

The Cylons do pretend to negotiate if it suits their purposes. Given time, the technological gulf would be bridged and Cylons are patient.

They have hardly shown this in the new show, look at the mini series at the beginning a purpose built station was built to maintain dipolmatic relations, they never sent anyone until they where ready to invade. About the only time in the new show that they have wanted to negoitate is sharon onboard the galactica.

Did any of you stop to think that the federation is incrediblely dependent on their computers' date=' and that the cylons could easily wipe out everything just by hacking into their systems?[/quote']

It would take years to spread the necessary virus/worm/trojan because of the vast distances the Federation covers. They would also need to narrow the technological gap anyways because even a crippled Federation would still be a formidable opponent for the relatively unsophisticated Cylon technological base. They would still need to distract the Federation from their true goals.

Did any of you stop to think that the federation is incrediblely dependent on their computers' date=' and that the cylons could easily wipe out everything just by hacking into their systems?[/quote']

It would take years to spread the necessary virus/worm/trojan because of the vast distances the Federation covers. They would also need to narrow the technological gap anyways because even a crippled Federation would still be a formidable opponent for the relatively unsophisticated Cylon technological base. They would still need to distract the Federation from their true goals.

The cylons would fatally cripple most star ships if they got a worm or virus on there main frame computer. like nite said they are heavyly dependant on theses, with out there main computer most systems would go down including there shielding, once thats gone some direct hits to the warp engines and its bye bye starship.

If the Enterprise D or better just... "Woah, look at that!" ...bumped into Cylons, I think they would split after getting their asses handed to them.

Cylons apear to me to be similar to the Borg in the colloective fasion, just not as fast, of course if you combined the two wolds, like transporter technology and weapons, Cylons may cause alot of problems.

From what's shown at the BSG , colonials and cylons are probably on pre-enterprise era so the technological advance goes to the federation. Anyway I think the cylons are far more flexible than the borg and have an ability to cheat and hold their positions to the limit that in the end run, I fear the battle will be a close match between the both civilizations.

From what's shown at the BSG ' date=' colonials and cylons are probably on pre-enterprise era so the technological advance goes to the federation. Anyway I think the cylons are far more flexible than the borg and have an ability to cheat and hold their positions to the limit that in the end run, I fear the battle will be a close match between the both civilizations. [/quote']

BSG is actually based on present future, well it was in the orginal

I think that the 2 Universes are completely different.

A good point - it's kind of like asking who would win between Knight Rider and Power Rangers or Thundercats and Dad's Army... well, not quite but they're quite different universes and establishing how a fight would pan out is pretty hard.

As i see it it could go 2 ways:

1. Feds immune to cylon virus. I think this is the most likely, the technology gap is so huge. If the cylon's couldn't infect them than it comes down to firepower. Bullets on shields? it might tickle... Nuclear warheads? fed targeting is much more advanced, they would be able to phaser the nukes as soon as they launched (which would probably end it right there). And cylons don't appear to have any energy shields at all, so fed weapons would go right through the hull. People have mentioned that the cylons could bide their time and plant agents, this seems highly unlikely to me. While the gap in weapons and defense tech is huge already, the difference in medical technology is even greater, the feds would probably find agents with tricorders, and if not it certainly would take less than 10 hours to test a person (more like 10 nanoseconds with fed computers). So i can't buy the secret agent strategy. Bottom line feds win.

2. Cylon virus works. If it works well enough to disable the shields consistently than a nukes or 2 and Kaboom! However, the feds may figure it out and block it, which to me is more likely (the Data factor). In the latter case, the cylons might get the drop on a couple ships, but any more than 1 or 2 and the feds would have figured it out by then, and the battle would proceed like option 1 above.

Overall I think it's far more likely the feds win, simple matter of tech level.

Just MHO, you don't have to agree. ;)

-jcap511

Remember this site started out as a Star Trek torrent site. Niteshdw himself makes ST torrents. The're really well made and I recommend them to anybody who likes Star Trek and dosen't want to eat up his or her disk space with TNG episodes. Nite's 170mb encodes of TNG are superb quality, easily comparable to the older 350mb encodes.

I've thought this through and I think that all it would take would be one federation starship to annihilate the whole cylon fleet, say the Entterprise E for example. I truly don't think the Cylons could penetrate the shields fast enough before the Enterprise pulled out a can-o-whup ass.

As far as universes go, I thought it might be interesting to expound upon the idea of the colonial fleet running into, say Voyager or something way out in the void. I truly believe that the technologies are severely mismatched in favor of the fedreration.