Your FAV Sci Fi villain RACE... not person or being but race

Bapman

for all you that have said humans...good job,they are scary!!since its taken i have to say the salt vampire from star trek original seres.

why,more scary due to shock value.and a guy is more vunerable when he is getting close to .........well......you know,

they appear as beutiful women, then when the time is right and the guy is all in love and ready to kiss and......they turn into big 7 foot yeti ape type

monster with weird round puckered mouth full of sharp teeth.and sharp claws.

grab the guy by the head and stick the claws and teeth in him to drain his bodysalt and kill him! wow what a kiss!

kind of like the shapeshifter kirk kissed in the star trek film the undiscovered country.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Borg (Trek)

2. The Shadows (B5)

3. The Alien Species (Alien movies)

4. Cylons (TNS BSG, both machine and human)

5. The Wraith (SG-A)

Overall the scariest race is the zombies from Land of the dead and dawn of the dead' date=' not really sci fi but........................ meh......................[/quote']

I totally agree, Zombies are the scariest thing I've ever seen. Especially the zombie baby birth in 'Dawn Of The Dead', that could be because I was pregnant at the time but Zombies have always freaked me out!

1) The Sneaks (sneak:Invasion)

Ominous mysterious aliens born from a storm that annihilated two thirds of an entire universe, these creatures rose up and invaded universe after universe to discover the secrets of reality.

2) Daleks (Doctor Who)

Cyborg Tanklike Nazi's in space. Evil, ruthless and so damn manipulative. They are THE ultimate sci-fi baddies.

3) The Shadows (Babylon 5)

Dark, evil, ancient, they are totally inhuman looking, a bit like spiders or insects. They had the most scariest looking ships too. I allways wished we saw more of the creatures themselves, en masse, im a sucker for armies!

4) Cybermen (Doctor Who)

The original evil robot/cyborgs. They said resistance is futile before the borg. They are the silver nemesis ! Potato I agree with you The Borg are just a rip off of the cybermen, I allways said they were cybermen on a budget. But nothing beats the originals. The cybermen are "Excellent".

5) The Necrons (Warhammer 40,000)

Need a definition of Death-Robots ? Look no more than these, ancient evil skeleton robots come across like a mix of Stargate's egyptian influences, Terminators and The Cybermen all wrapped up into this evil unfeeling robotic race that want to purge the universe of all the weak flesh!

6) Gell Guards (Doctor Who)

Fantastic, bubbly, weird aliens from the Anti-Matter universe that served The ancient Time Lord Omega. I allways loved the way they looked, so alien and weird!

7) Carnexions (Carnexion : Prophecy Stone)

Mayan looking Death-Robots created by the gods of Logic to find the ancient prophecy stone to return order to the universe. But this of course means deleting the forces of "good" and "Evil" along the way.

8) The Mara (Doctor Who)

Theres something really terrifying about some kind of "enemy" that lives in all our minds, in the deepest darkest depths.

9) ???? (Sapphire And Steel)

I allways thought the enemies in Sapphire and Steel were cool, they were totally unknown, totally alien and allways messed things up in original ways!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I think there are very few villain races that are my favourites because they usually get emotionally or physically weakened so that you empathise with them. So i have favourites but I dislike what they became:

StarTrek Species 8472

They kicked the Borgs Butt !!!!!!

8472 (ST:VOY) - SEASON 3 version. Season 4 they became a beatable enemy but during Scorpion part 1 they were this spine-chilling faceless enemy that was intent on destroying all life in our galaxy. That final planet-killing scene before the "to be continued" still sends a shiver down my spine. Ironically when they were humanised later in the show it humanised them as a entity as well. They became less imposing.

Borg (ST:TNG to ST:VOY Season 4) - very imposing. Find and assimilate all technologies in the Galaxy to add to the Collective. Nothing stopped them besides Q's intervention. They made it all the way to Earth beating back what was a formidable defense effortlessly. Every encounter was a game of lion (ie. big cat) and mouse. They had one main humanising story in 'Hugh' which didn't really diminish the enemy as a whole. When they first appeared in Voyager they were still the unstoppable Borg (although much enhanced asthetically thanks to First Contact) but then there was a slow humanising of them with Seven of Nine, Unimatrix Zero and the finale.

Replicators (Stargate SG-1) - took the merciless part of the Borg and took away their face and left you with the faceless quality that made the early Borg something to fear. Replicate, eat, replicate, eat, replicate. Then came the emotionally stunted Human-form replicators and what a surprise... they get emotional.

Covenant (Halo PC/Xbox) - Probably one of the few FPS I actually enjoy for its story as well as the game itself. You are the last Spartan left (for all you know) and this Alien coalition is trying to wipe out your species. The Covenant is an alliance of many different races held together by a strong religious editc. Not a single race but a multitude of races trying to destroy the one race that can actually help them. A villain race that actually uses the prinicpals of alliances instead of humans (why is it always the humans making alliances?). Marred only by the second game where the 'alien' element was throw out the window byhaving almost all the aliens speaking pefect english without explanation in situations where there wasn't any technology to help them (not obvious narratives but alien-human iteractions like between Johnson and the Arbiter).

The only truly villainous race has been a solitary bit-part character - the Raston Warrior Robot from "The Five Doctors". It only appeared once and it was litrally a faceless enemy. All it did was destroy anything that moved and dispatched an entire Cyberman Patrol in less than two minutes. No fancy lasers, no graviton beams, anti-gravity harnesses or phasers just blades of varying sizes that cut through Cyberman armor like it was butter. Far scarier than a guy jiggling to death because he was struck by a death beam from a Dalek.

I think what defines a villainous race is the hero race's ability to defend against them balanced against the will to survive them. In Star Trek there is all that technology behind them but if the Borg were to attack the new worlds in Firefly they would be even more feared that the Reavers but that would suck because the show would be over in five minutes.. We fear the Reavers as they stood because the heros were deeply afraid of them and because they had to pull off crazy stunts to escape them, even in Serenity (the movie).

To me a good villain race is one that isn't filled with emotional characters that start to sympathise with their enemies or simple weakness that are easily exploited. A villainous race is ruthless, merciless and more importantly INHUMAN. A lack of human qualities makes them more of a villain because they are so far removed from our sense of nobility and compassion that you can dispise/hate them as much as the show hero races do.

damn have you guys seen the google ads says it all huh cliff richard is a unique race by himself and was spawned not born and even worse he is not sci-fi but sci-fact the shadows are merely his servents tho lol

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that most villain races - and this is true of Trek - get watered down or made sympathetic.

The Borg are the perfect example of this - they start out as this faceless enemy, unswerving in their single minded and inexorable advance... then they get a face (the Queen), then we find out that they dream... and then we get kids and the Borg Queen stalking 7 of 9. It all lowered it to an almost Bondesque level of harmless mega lo maniacal villany.

Species 8742 get totally humanised... and really, it was all just a misunderstanding! The Shadows bow out whimpering like lost children... Peacekeeper Wars made the Scarrans seem just misunderstood. The Replicators also got a literal humanising... and then resorted to "SOON WE WILL RULE THE GALAXY." Style rantings.

It's more of a feature of TV though.

The Archanids in Starship Troopers... Cold, unfeeling, utterly alien and not likely to go "yeah, we give up." Like smart Xenomorphs. Although, I'm not sure one can really rate Aliens as a villain race... they might have some smarts but they're really more just monsters/deadly pests. Deadly - but not villainous.

The Replicators also got a literal humanising... and then resorted to "SOON WE WILL RULE THE GALAXY." Style rantings.
And the evil-twin thing too

The Archanids in Starship Troopers... Cold' date=' unfeeling, utterly alien and not likely to go "yeah, we give up." Like smart Xenomorphs. Although, I'm not sure one can really rate Aliens as a villain race... they might have some smarts but they're really more just monsters/deadly pests. Deadly - but not villainous.[/quote']Seems like the more time spent getting to know them the weaker they become. At least 'Aliens' got smarter as they progressed but stayed viscious.

Arachnids/Bug Race - they are the perfect villain. They are cold, heartless, definitely inhuman and even though there are certain stories where they look Human they are still the same cold insect on the inside. They also have an intelligence which involves one simple drive - exterminate all opponents.

Hmm, the original Alien was vicious but it was acting alone. Obviously Aliens 3 and Alien: Resurrection... well, they were just horrific.

I think insectoids are generally the best aliens... they're much more visceral. Yeah, the Archanids were good. I should re-read the book, loved it.

Hmm' date=' the original Alien was vicious but it was acting alone. Obviously Aliens 3 and Alien: Resurrection... well, they were just horrific.[/quote']Aliens vs Predator 2 (the PC game along with its Primal Hunt add-on pack) was also a good expansion on them. You got to understand them a little and that they even have a twisted sense of poetic justice. We find out that in a natural habitat they actually adapt to the environment without consuming everything (although that might not be considered canon).

Spoiler (for those that don't want to know the game's details):

There was a scientist who was basically trying to learn how to control them using regular and more sadistic techniques for the Company, Weyland-Yutani. We also learn that he was a survivor of an Alien attack some unknown years ago and it was his way of taking revenge against them. At the end of the Alien chapter he is captured, deliberately, and cocooned right next to the Empress so she can watch him being impregnated.

I think insectoids are generally the best aliens... they're much more visceral. Yeah' date=' the Archanids were good. I should re-read the book, loved it.[/quote']I watched the Starship Troopers movie and it was one of the more interesting sci-fi films I'd seen where Humans weren't the victors ALL the time. Later I watched the Roughnecks CGI-series which was closer to the books. I think if they could make a live-action series to that calibre it would be fantastic.

Yeah, AvP2 had an awesome plot - the 3 perspectives on the same story were cool and yes, the end had some poetic justice. If only the film had been based on that.

I agree on the Reavers - Serenity really managed to hammer home how nasty they were. No wonder everyone wet their pants when they saw 'em comin'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...