This Begs the Question: "Was Sulu Gay"?

queenhank

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he had some stolen moments of passion with Mr Kyle when they were both off bridge duty, perhaps they got caught and Kyle was transfered to the U.S.S. Reliant and they became (literraly) star crossed lovers.

Maybe Sulu went on to have a secret relationship with the head of Starfleet and threatened to expose him if he didn't give him the Excelsior. It was, after all, a quick succession to Captaincy -and for such a big ship also.

And what about the lovely Demora Sulu? Maybe she was born through artificial insemination, or she could have been the first changeling to infiltrate the Alpha Quadrant.

Someone should write a trilogy of crappy novels on the subject.

Please forgive me.

Well, here's another shocker...

Mr. Spock's ears...they WEREN'T real.

I know, I was surprised too when I found that out!

I'll never be able to watch Star Trek again :(

c4 :p

Ya Right!

Nice try.

Ah...I was making a point...by being facetious.

c4 :thinking:

Don't try and excuse yourself. I saw it in black and white. You were trying to make us all beleive his ears aren't real. Next you'll be trying to tell us that mind melds don't work. Sheesh!

;)

Well, here's another shocker...

Mr. Spock's ears...they WEREN'T real.

I know, I was surprised too when I found that out!

I'll never be able to watch Star Trek again :(

c4 :p

Ya Right!

Nice try.

Ah...I was making a point...by being facetious.

c4 :thinking:

Don't try and excuse yourself. I saw it in black and white. You were trying to make us all beleive his ears aren't real. Next you'll be trying to tell us that mind melds don't work. Sheesh!

;)

No. Those do work. I'd never kid about that. However, I have it on good authority that "Pon Farr" is actually a nickname for that weird guy on the TV show M*A*S*H*!

C4 :cyclops:

I thought everyone in TOS was a little fruity, and that's not a gay term, I'm talking about a 60's culture in space. How many aliens played sitars and said far out? Well, maybe not far out, but the sitar music was there and everyone on the ship was "groovy".

In the movies Sulu was one of my favorites, especially in ST VI when he came to the rescue, or told young Christian Slater "Do you have a hearing problem mister?"

Very cool...

you know I think there was an episode where they said "far out" I think it was the same one where spock was singing and playing a sitar hehe. They formed some kind of commune when some people came on board. The crew weren't quite themselves except Kirk.

hrmm, reading over that paragraph it's clear I really have no idea what I'm talking about. Maybe someone else know's the episode I am trying to refer to :cyclops:

Next you'll be trying to tell us that mind melds don't work. Sheesh!

;)

No. Those do work. I'd never kid about that. However, I have it on good authority that "Pon Farr" is actually a nickname for that weird guy on the TV show M*A*S*H*!

lol, the section-8 candidate Klinger (Jammie Farr). I would be surprised to hear this actually happened but who knows. That show didn't really seem to be something where Star Trek jokes abound. Do you really have a source or are you jerking my chain. I'd like to see this.

Next you'll be trying to tell us that mind melds don't work. Sheesh!

;)

lol, the section-8 candidate Klinger (Jammie Farr). I would be surprised to hear this actually happened but who knows. That show didn't really seem to be something where Star Trek jokes abound. Do you really have a source or are you jerking my chain. I'd like to see this.

CHAIN JERK!

c4 :cyclops:

is it just me or does that guy in the pic above look like robin williams?

Those dress uniforms were common during the first season of TNG. A breezier alternative for those hot away missions hehe.

If I'm not mistaken...I believe that pic is from the Voyager pilot EP (Caretaker - parts 1 & 2) or the TNG pilot EP. I know it's from one of those pilots...I think :p

c4 B)

I think it was reffered to as the 'scant' or something like that. It was one TNG's more overt examples of wanting to suggest that values had changed over the chronological leap since the original series. They ditched it quickly because it looked stupid. One has to admire the boldness but its still pretty lame. I mean, if they'd really wanted to go for it they could have had Picard -or maybe Worf in a dress, this would have been absurd, and shows that the idea was throwaway at best.

Didn't Picard have a dress uniform that was real long and resembled a "dress"? I believe I saw him wearing it in an EP but can't remember which.

c4 B)

There hasn't been an openly gay Trek character yet has there? Will there ever be you reckon?

I guess it would likely be too contraversial. But maybe that's yet another issue of discrimination that the franchise should tackle. It was a deliberate decision that the first Star Trek crew included a Uhura and Sulu for example... and at a time when the KKK was still quite actively burning crosses and throwing nooses over tree branches.

star trek could be pretty amusing if they spiced up the uniforms a little more

heres how it worked in the past..........

anyway, how do you all know there werent any gay crew? just cos their not running around acting like stereotypical homosexuals.

most of the gay lads i know dont act gay at work why should starfleet be any different. (...well, except for this one lad but he's a slap magnet and not at all gay)

computer, a little something to make me sweeter please