Firefox V1.5 Full released!!

weareborg

1.5 is pretty nice so far. It runs slightly faster than 1.0.7 (last official version). Can't say I like the new GUI menu's, they kinda have the default Windows XP look to them (kinda flat looking with no border). But that's just a small nitpick I can live with.

And I was amazed at how most of my extensions still worked, nice to see the developers of the one's I use kept up to date with 1.5 (probably since the first public beta of it). Still waiting for a few more extensions to be ported to 1.5.

Oh and if you are worried about losing your bookmarks (or other settings) grab this extension: Bookmark Backup. You can choose a directory, and every time you close Firefox, it automatically will save a backup of just about anything you tell it too. It'll do bookmarks, your GUI setup, preferences, history, cookies, whatever. Very handy feature, just incase. I know I have a more-than-average number of bookmarks and having to re-enter them all would be a pain heh..

they are basicly the same' date=' tab browsing... they have most the same features. [/quote']

Actually, they are quite a bit different. Handling of tabs is different, mouse gestures, email client, RSS feeds, Notes. Most noteably, the entire Opera interface is completely customizable through INI files, and you can even create your own buttons, change button actions, etc.

For example, in Firefox can you use only the mouse buttons to go BACK and FORWARD between pages? In Opera I can hold right right mouse button and click the left to go back a page (or more) and visa-versa. Also, going back/forward is instanteous, it doesn't try to reload the page.

Some people like to browse quickly like that, some love to watch pages load, what can I say.

I had only opera for a while but so many pages werent loaded properly (sloppy programers I suppose) and as a designer I had to see them as they were originally ment to look, so firefox was the next option in line. surely better than IE? :)

if i swich over to the latest version of FireFox, will my bookmarks go w// me?

Yes, but it is always good to have a back up of your bookmarks somewhere. In fact, Firefox allows you to do just that. Go to Bookmarks, Manage Bookmarks, File, Export... and save your bookmarks as a html file, which you can import later on (in case something goes wrong).

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing bad happens to the bookmars when you switch to the latest version.

GO FIREFOX GO!

Some sh*ty web pages still don't support firefox. I pitty the fool!!!

But there is an action you can do to help mozilla try to solve thişs problem. They added a new "option" under "help". It is the "report broken web site" option.

I don't like any of the alternate ones I've tired, but something fishy happened with IE that was causing me to be unable to do anything on the Internet quite regularly; so, I had no choice. It even prevented me from downloading, though I have no idea how. I prefer IE, but haven't been able to fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
. . . alas' date=' some pages just don't like Firefox...[/quote']

Oh, that happens to you, too. I'm glad I am not the only one who is having this problem.

My schools website does not like firefox. It just wants to reload over and over and over again.

Drives me nuts, so I switch back over to IE for a little bit.

Some pages are designed to be incompatible with anything other than IE' date=' loading broken or 'IE only' alternate pages when a non-IE browser is sensed regardless of whether the browser can really view it or not... it's very annoying -_-'...[/quote']

There's also an extension called IE View where you can just right click on a page, and through the context menu launch that page in IE.

Band aid fix but it works