New Series?

vyper

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1732

J. Michael Straczynski -- best known for his "Babylon 5" creation -- said he has an idea that could bring the franchise back to its strength of old.

But he's going to need the help of fans to get it off the ground.

"I'm taking the unusual step of going right ot the source ... right to you guys," Straczynski said in a post to his newsgroups. "Fueled in part by a number of recent articles and polls, including one at www.scifi.com/scifiwire in which nearly 18,000 fans voted their preference for a new Trek series, and 48 percent of that figure called for a [JMS] take on Trek."

B) It ain't over till the fat Klingon sings.

I love Babylon 5 and I agree with what "JMS" said in the article. I wouldn't mind seeing him at the helm of a new Star Trek series.
Agreed - he managed to do five whole seasons with only one time-travel storyline and it made sense. Plus not everyone got along, we never did see the Vorlon homeworld and the aliens didn't all look like humans with simple prosthetics. Perfect.

I love Babylon 5 and I agree with what "JMS" said in the article. I wouldn't mind seeing him at the helm of a new Star Trek series.
Agreed - he managed to do five whole seasons with only one time-travel storyline and it made sense. Plus not everyone got along' date=' we never did see the Vorlon homeworld and the aliens didn't all look like humans with simple prosthetics. Perfect.[/quote']

Oh my lord? Are you serios One time travel thing? Omfg.... that's unheard of in trek.... there have to be a dozen episodes with time stuff in there in each series :stare:

If someone could be a little more original than the previos treks that would be cool. But I still think ENT should have kept on going :) They were just getting better :thinking:

I don't want an outsider writing Trek - forget that...And how much could he really have cared, did yall see that like the next day after he got a call from Paramount that Trek was going to be shelved and that they were giving him another job for a different show - he just gave up, he doesn't care about Trek the way the fans do and the way the people who have been long involved in it do.

I just think the fans have to fight for what they want.

Hmmm what i think they mean with the travel time theme is that that guy made five seasons with a story very very cool with only that...is a genius...if he takes the command chair in a new Trek show iam sure it will be a very very good show, this guy loves sci fi, i break a spear for him.

Besides as long as they make a new Trek, iam happy ever if Kermit the frog is the director...i dont want to see Trek dissapear for years :(

2 cents and so.

I think they could at least add another two seasons to Enterprise' date=' but since they probably sacked all the actors and the staff already. :([/quote']

Definately agreed. 6 seasons sounds better than 4. :)

Very true, but I want it to make it to 7, like TNG, Voyager, and DS9. This is ruining quite the streak. :mad: