Theaveng borg'd?

maverick

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "theaveng files", VOL 1 - Hypocrisy, Despair, and Low Self-Esteem.

AKA: Sex, Lies, and .torrent files

You can buy music/tv shows on tape.

You can buy music/tv shows via downloading.

But there should never come a time where you HAVE to pay.

It should be voluntary. IMHO Radio and Television entertainment should always be free. Just erect an antenna & there it is. I can get ~15 tv stations & ~40 radio channels just with a simple antenna. Free of charge. No $$$$.

Did I mention it was free? ;) That's an important consideration for us poor people. Let the RICH corporations pay for my tv. *Steal from the rich (corporations). Give to the poor their free music/tv.

*(It's not actually stealing since the corporations voluntarily give away their doll...

In a word - "yes". Even if you copy a song off the radio, the Singers/writers/et cetera still get paid via the corporations handing over money.

If you download a song, they get $ZERO.

Me, I used to record stuff off the radio, but now that I'm grown up I lack the time to do that. Instead I just buy the "greatest hits" cds. That way I'm supporting the singers/writers/et cetera with my cash.

Also you guys always talk about the "rich fat cats" but you forget about all the low-level employees. For you to steal music/shows illegally, is equivalent to someone stealing the XYZ Widgets that YOUR company produces.

Does it always have to come down to this? You know what would be cool? Actually treating men as *equals* and not penises with legs.

I can say, "You are beautiful" without thinking of sex. Admiration of the beauty God created & intercourse are NOT the same thing. Just because I think Alyssa is a beauty, and have always thought so ever since we were both teenagers, does not imply anything else.

I'm tired of women assuming I'm just after one thing. I'm a HUMAN BEING, not a penis.

Common people/voters don't have a right to steal other people's property. Not even TV or music.

I think this is "stealing" and that GS should be jailed or fined. I also think it's unpatriotic to steal from other citizens.

No. I BUY everything I download.

Babylon 5 = bought.

TNG = bought.

VOY = bought.

SG1 = bought.

SGA = bought.

And so on and so forth. I don't steal.

WOAH STOP RIGHT THERE! Why on earth do you think it's okay to *steal* other people's work??? That lecture is available to anyone who wants it, simply by visiting teach12.com (and only costs ~$75 when on sale). Why can't you people just go BUY it?

I DO buy everything that I download. Star Trek, SG1, Quantum Leap. I believe in supporting people's hard work either through direct purchase and/or watching the ads.) I'm now spending ~$400 on Babylon 5 scriptbooks, because I want to support J.Michael Straczynski's brilliant work.

This is day 4 since I started downloading Episode 11 of SG1/SGA/BSG' date=' and I'm still only at 50%. Average connection speed = 28K = 25kbps. Requires a lot of patience.[/quote']

Good grief, I'm really surprised you you decided to bitch at me for not buying DVDs instead of DL'ing them. :o

(1) I didn't bitch at you. False statement. I simply said, if you enjoy the tv show DS9, then you ought to support the hard-working actors/writers by buying their product.

(2) Show me where I can buy the current season of SG1, SGA, BSG and I will do so immediately. I practice what I preach. I support the actors/writers.

(3) But for now. I can't. So I download instead.

NiteShdw said:

4. Please be kind and curtious in your responses

theaveng said:

Courteous is spelled incorrectly. It came from Old France & it means "of the court"..... as in, having the manners of a nobleman/the civility of the leaders' class.

Stay tuned for Troys next few 'state the obvious' series of posts entitled "The sun is yellow" "gravity pulls things towards the center of the earth" and "fridges keep things cold".

The attention whore' date=' strikes again.... "Look at me, poor 'lil ole me... I am living in a hotel room again and am faced with a crappy connection...."[/quote']

Evidence for NiteShdw when he returns.

..This is day 4 since I started downloading Episode 11 of SG1/SGA/BSG, and I'm still only at 50%. Average connection speed = 28K = 25kbps. Requires a lot of patience.

Stay tuned for Troys next few 'state the obvious' series of posts entitled "The sun is yellow" "gravity pulls things towards the center of the earth" and "fridges keep things cold".

Was that really necessary S0V13T? You just told me not to debate ideas with people, and yet you're DIRECT PERSONAL INSULTS. "Troy's an idiot... stating the blatantly obvious... hahahaha... look at the fool called troy." Also that other person: "The attention whore:Look at me, poor 'lil ole me... I am living in a hotel room again and am faced with a crappy connection..."

Why don't you BE the example you expect from others, instead of stooping to insults?

My post was completely harmless. There was no call to belittle me & make me feel like a worthless piece of trash.

Banned' date=' twice?[/quote'] No just once. For a week. Most people didn't even notice, because it was so short. (And Soviet, as a moderator, never should have revealed the PRIVATE information to the forum. NiteShdw kept the banning silent & only known to me via email. Who is Soviet to overrule NiteShdw & post that info publicly???)

Go ahead and just TAKE whatever you want.

Movies.

TV shows.

Music.

Your neighbor's shiny new car (just joking).

You win!!!!!! Just Download it all. Now please stop sending Hate-Mail to my private yahoo account. Stop harrassing me. Please.

Disagreeing is one thing.

But threatening to kill someone via email is NOT acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

Goodbye. It's obvious that people hate me, so I'll leave.

Adios.

Posted Feb 1, 2006, 6:25 pm

This member is currently offline theaveng

i'd like to hear this persons opinion on the matter

maybe its possible as troy is still around the forum with another name.

XalloutwarX could be worth askin, unless its coincidence that that individual started a couple of topics which seem to match the claims and wonderings of troy.

btw if im wrong i can only apologise

ho hum

i'd like to hear this persons opinion on the matter

XalloutwarX could be worth askin, unless its coincidence that that individual started a couple of topics which seem to match the claims and wonderings of troy.

ho hum

hah omg. this guy seems like a moron, ive read his posts and i cant see how my posts would lead people to belive im him... do my posts really match the claims and wonderings of this guy? and if so in what resepct?

EDIT: Additionally - as for the "in-my-opinion tuppeny opinions thrice daily" comment - does that include all the anti-american remarks as well (made by individuals that shall remain nameless) that seem to be floating all over this forum of late? The ones I've heard over and over and over and over and over...

Any forum that has a heavy European involvement is going to be rife with Anti-Americanisms. Europe has been jealous and slagged us for decades. There was no Internet, but when I lived in the UK everyone wanted US clothes, watched US shows, listened to US music... all while compaining about the politics, education, manners... It's part of doing business :p

The issue at hand is taking a forum which seemed to be proud of having little to no moderation (foul language filters were about it) and then turning it into Stepford.

This is a site that is a viable target for legal action from civil and government institutions, and we're worried about making comments about one another in the forum? Polity amongst thieves?

Instead of making a hard, but worthwhile decision to police people who step over the line (Boris' rants that equated differences with him with collusion with Jews and/or Israel; Boris' personal attacks that went on for paragrahps and included profanity not recognised by filters) and now taps up anyone approaching the line.

I believe in a forum run like a real world coffee shop. If some moron says, for all to hear, that the sky is blue because the backdrop was painted that colour, everyone should have the right to tell him he's wrong. Or to back him up. If he then links to a website that 'proves' how blue the backdrop is, everyone should have the right to say he's an idiot, he's dangerous, and to speak to him in any way they would in public. And, yeah, for me that would involve using the words "That's bulls.hit."

Try that here, now. It's easy to say, "That wasn't nice, I'm warning you." It's hard to make the judgement that what's judgemental is fair. That's another reason I like this forum so much. There's so much criticism of US politics, even while the people here act out political analogies every day.

The best example is the Liberal Nazi move: it's ok to promote freedom of speech as long as you agree with us: "Hey, it's his opinion." (Remember all the people defending Boris' right to say what he wanted, and who were uninterested in the truth and espoused the idea Boris might be right?) But if the opinion is that the free speech is promoting a stupid idea, it's not quite so free?

Freedom of speech includes not only the right to disagree with the government or the status quo, but also the right to agree with the government or the status quo. Otherwise, you are a fascist or at least a censor.

I didn't say someone can't have their opinion(s).

I said I was tired of hearing them (anti-American as well as anti-Eu comments).

There's a big difference.

...and that puts this puppy to bed...

c4 B)

that..was a work of beauty synexo makes ya almost want to print it out, frame it and then show it to company when they come over "and that next to the bulls head is the memoirs of theaveng. if you wish i can regale you with the tales of him during dinner"

ho hum

You are wrong. It's "Anonyman" . In other words, Troy: aka theaveng, and "Anonyman" are one and the same entity.

ho hum

You are wrong. It's "Anonyman" . In other words, Troy: aka theaveng, and "Anonyman" are one and the same entity.

apologies xalloutwarx, was wrong. ahem, good topics:D

ho hum

I had assumed as much. Some of Anonyman's posts continue Troy's "feed the writers" wail.

c4 B)

• 1 month later...

am, I the only one that thoght that he was an OK dude? >.> dont get me wronge, that fool was wacked in the head, but he was entertaining as hell. I miss the ol' man. I did disagree with him on a lot, but I tend to be fond of ppl I disagree with. So maybe its just me. and probly is.

If he did threaten some one then that is not cool and he should be punished, but if the evidence was flismy then I say we should have given him another chance.

I miss some of these classics:

1. I tend to be fond of ppl I disagree with.

2. yeah... lol.

Conclusion about statements 1 and 2:

GhostShadow really disagrees with c4evap.

If NOT then GhostShadow is a liar.

Else the entier forum is conspiring against me.

Or everything above.

I had nothing against theaveng and his threads/opinions.

As a side note. When I first joined this forum I though it would be cool to be a borg, not realizing what it meant here. :cyclops:

After reading this thread, I'm glad I chose the notBorg option... LOL ;)

I had nothing against theaveng and his threads/opinions.

As a side note. When I first joined this forum I though it would be cool to be a borg, not realizing what it meant here. :cyclops:

After reading this thread, I'm glad I chose the notBorg option... LOL ;)

Anyone claiming not being borg is kinda suspicious, if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: