Where have the torrents gone?

species8472

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Potato here, Im here for the Who community, as small and raggedy as we are, hell, theres a mllion Who forums out there and a massive official forum but you only get lost in the crowd and drown in everyones opinions, here it feels more personal and you can get to know the fans.

Torrents CAN be found elsewhere, but you wont always find help elsewhere!

Well said that man!

Oh man I can't afford money for DS9 on DVD. I had all the eps on video but they went in my shed after Uni and it flooded, so they are destroyed.

I hate the MPAA and I don't even know who they are.

Any news on when, if the torrents will be back up?

I agree it is a price thing. Star trek seasons are all in excess of $100 per season that is riduculous, when everything else is in the vicinity of 50. What are we supposed to do.

I say we blame it on Braga. B)

i say dl em from piratebay for now. nites encodes are there and still firin on all cylinders.

I was just reading an article on Torrentfreak about the MPAA attack against some torrent sites, including this one, and found this...

Update 25-02: One down! (niteshdw.com) (thanks ukaze)

- The MPAA announced in a press release that they plan on sweing a bunch of torrent sites, search indexes, and other large P2P networks.

- We have not recieved anything legal from the MPAA, or their lawyers at this time.

- We have volunterilly removed all the torrents, related software, and databases from the site.

- We will more then likely NOT have anything to do with the P2P scene in the future.

- I understand that a lot of people are feeling upset, disgusted, angry, afraid, and suspicious about recent things relating to the forum, but please try and remain calm, and objective.

http://www.niteshdw.com

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/torrent-sites-under-attack/

Is this an official statement of Niteshdw or just crap? :thinking:

I would advise against posting any torrent links, or tracker links, or even ways to find torrents...the last thing you really want to see is Nite getting in trouble for even condoning this kind of thing now. Not to mention, it might just get the forum closed down ;)

We asked people to be calm and objective, if people blow their stacks - we'll just call it a day in the end.

I would advise against it, honestly. You see the MPAA/RIAA has to have gained their information for that pdf from somewhere, so therefore if you post links and you think you're not posting anything illegal, I can assure you - their lawyers with their thousands of dollars can make any link look illegal.

I for one am not going to say yes.

After all if they can prosecute a little old lady who has never even used a computer, or a mom that has no computer, or even a 12 year old girl - you're about as safe as a guy who's on fire standing in the middle of a dynamite factory from being harmed.

Saw some old responses from pirate bay to dreamworks.

THAT is what you like to see.

As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States

of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe.

Unless you figured it out by now, US law does not apply here.

For your information, no Swedish law is being violated.

Please be assured that any further contact with us, regardless of medium,

will result in

a) a suit being filed for harassment

b) a formal complaint lodged with the bar of your legal counsel, for

sending frivolous legal threats.

It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons, and

that you should please go sodomize yourself with retractable batons.

Please also note that your e-mail and letter will be published in full on

http://www.thepiratebay.org.

Go fuck yourself.

Polite as usual,

anakata

yes' date=' but since I live in Germany and not in I-get-a-million-bucks-cause-I-got-burned-by-McDonalds-coffee-America, I guess I'm fine...[/quote']

For the moment, but I am sure human nature will find a way to screw with the whole World eventually. The MPAA/RIAA won't be content with the US of A (Of which I am not a part either).

yes' date=' but since I live in Germany[/quote']

That sure explains a lot :rolleyes:

I guess I'm fine...

Nobody cares if you're fine. We only care if Nite's going to be fine, and a link to a link to a link can still put him at risk. Geez...