Where have the torrents gone?

species8472

Okay, okay, so I will just say: go to google (which is legal)... type isohund, then click on the "did you mean....", and click on the first page in the results. Then type in the search bar on that site what you would like to fall down from the truck to your harddrive. click on it. there might be some trakkers which you might use with some tool you might have to make stuff fall from the track to your harddrive....

This is not illegal at all and wont put nite at risk, since we signed the terms of use by registering to this page, where he makes clear that he hasnt anything to do with stuff people write...

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically he hasn't got anything to do with what people write, but considering at least one Admin I know will likely ban your ass for pushing the line, feel free to leave that up there. Then you're no longer anyone's problem.

Been nice knowing you, and before you cry Mod abuse - I note, I make this guy seem like Goldilocks without the three Bears.

Man I LOVE it! str82u, you took the words right outta my mouth...!

Otherwise, I can't say what I really want because It'll get modded, but let me start a list.

1. Noobies to the site, shut the f@#$ up.

2. Everyone who is jinxing the thing with legal talk, eulogies, swan songs and "Thanks For The Memories" posts, shut the f@#$ up.

3. You, yeah, you with the "Where can I find..." questions. Man, that's insulting. Not only should you get out, but shut the f@#$ up.

Just what a guy needs, people piling misery on the doorstep. I know many of the users here agree that this right here, this forum, this is Niteshdw.com, we may not all be freinds or even like each other sometimes, but I had my eyes opened several times here and I bet it happens again.

So say we all?

EXCELLENT POST! Thankyou!

Guest Mrthumps
Okay, okay, so I will just say: go to google (which is legal)... type isohund, then click on the "did you mean....", and click on the first page in the results. Then type in the search bar on that site what you would like to fall down from the truck to your harddrive. click on it. there might be some trakkers which you might use with some tool you might have to make stuff fall from the track to your harddrive....

This is not illegal at all and wont put nite at risk, since we signed the terms of use by registering to this page, where he makes clear that he hasnt anything to do with stuff people write...

Why can't you just respect what the admins/mods have asked you to do and just leave it be?

I laugh at the MPAA, they think they can control the file sharing industry...Well i'd love to be the one to tell them they're a bunch of morons!

The way my world works when things like this happens is to go to my next favourite website on the list of 30 odd :) Hope to see you around guys and gals ;) happy "Connecting to other peoples computers and sharing individual packets in a specified order and position to compile into various interesting and useful formats"

:D Eat that you filthy scum MPA :stare:

Figures.

Another idiot with 2 forum posts, who could really care less about this site, and is here just for the getting (aka leeching) then runs.

Yah okay your right. I don't have very many posts. But just because your new doesn't mean that your a leacher. I download and share responsibly and keep a share rating of over 1.200.

I share your and any other veteran's appreciation for sci-fi. Why is a persons worth measured by the amount of posts a person makes?

Post counts have nothing to do with it. And very few posts? That was your first, so come on now.

It has to do with the attitude he (the person I quoted above) showed of "I'll just go somewhere else, and could not care less about this website or the members or owner"... and so on...

I'd rather not see any posts like those here. To me it's like flipping mud in our faces, or rubbing our noses in dog crap.

Update 25-02: One down! (niteshdw.com) (thanks ukaze)

- The MPAA announced in a press release that they plan on sweing a bunch of torrent sites, search indexes, and other large P2P networks.

- We have not recieved anything legal from the MPAA, or their lawyers at this time.

- We have volunterilly removed all the torrents, related software, and databases from the site.

- We will more then likely NOT have anything to do with the P2P scene in the future.

- I understand that a lot of people are feeling upset, disgusted, angry, afraid, and suspicious about recent things relating to the forum, but please try and remain calm, and objective.

http://www.niteshdw.com

Is this an official statement of Niteshdw or just crap? :thinking:

The quote in question was posted by S0V13T earlier in this thread. He later added that he's not an official spokesperson for NiteShdw and it was just based on what he knew of at the time.

I agree with Potato here, Im here for the Who community, as small and raggedy as we are, hell, theres a mllion Who forums out there and a massive official forum but you only get lost in the crowd and drown in everyones opinions, here it feels more personal and you can get to know the fans.

Torrents CAN be found elsewhere, but you wont always find help elsewhere!

Well said that man!

Here! Here!

I feel I have found a great group of fans/friends to just hang with and discuss what our interests are and not worry about someone "flaming" you because they don't agree with you or because you didn't remember something "just right".

I'm sorry this has happened but I'm glad to still have a community of great fans, and not just Dr. Who. (Although their the best ones. :D)

EDIT: And I consider myself a regular, even if I don't have a high rank, I have a good idea who's here regularly, at least I think I do.

I was just reading an article on Torrentfreak about the MPAA attack against some torrent sites, including this one, and found this...

Update 25-02: One down! (niteshdw.com) (thanks ukaze)

- The MPAA announced in a press release that they plan on sweing a bunch of torrent sites, search indexes, and other large P2P networks.

- We have not recieved anything legal from the MPAA, or their lawyers at this time.

- We have volunterilly removed all the torrents, related software, and databases from the site.

- We will more then likely NOT have anything to do with the P2P scene in the future.

- I understand that a lot of people are feeling upset, disgusted, angry, afraid, and suspicious about recent things relating to the forum, but please try and remain calm, and objective.

http://www.niteshdw.com

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/torrent-sites-under-attack/

Is this an official statement of Niteshdw or just crap? :thinking:

If you look closely, you will see that the above was quoted from here in a forum post that S0V13T posted yesterday... complete with the spelling mistake of "sueing".

...that they plan on sweing...

Yes. So? It still is legal. They could chop off their arms and legs and its still legal. So I ask calmly: may I please post these _legal_ links again?

yes, but since I live in Germany and not in I-get-a-million-bucks-cause-I-got-burned-by-McDonalds-coffee-America, I guess I'm fine...

Hey, get a clue.

And by clue, if you need to: re-read str82u's post or see the post I quoted above, and take it to heart. In other words, shut the f@#$ up!

If you look closely, you will see that the above was quoted from here in a forum post that S0V13T posted yesterday... complete with the spelling mistake of "sueing".

Whoops! I missed that post from S0V13T... Sorry!

The article itself, however, highlights the need for certain people to shut up. We're indeed under surveillance.

Cyberbob,

I cannot speak for str82u, but I'm not clear if he really meant to single you out personally like that (that goes for S0V13T as well).

Seriously... I think many of us are just venting and blowing off some steam lately.

I had to go back in this thread and re-read what you typed previously, and all I can say is; yes, it would be nice if some of us 24,000 or almost 50,000 in reality registered users can help Nite in his defense (which I must stress hasn't even been seen nor suggested as having to be needed yet), but, I have made myself personally clear in the past...

If security isn't tightened around a place like this, it's only a matter of time till the you know what hits the fan. I'm sorry to say that even in great numbers we could not afford a defense fund (IMO) if it ever came down to it. I mean, the members here could not even fully organize a get together last summer; "the CON" idea, nor could I even get support for a giveaway I proposed from funds from myself and a few other forum members (and that lack of support was from the highest level). So a defense fund? I don't see it happening, sorry.

I've donated to the site as well, and last I saw I was at number 6 on the list. No big deal. I'll help a fella like Nite out when I can for a few of the services he provided, but certainly not a defense fund. The Lokitorrent torrent fiasco of about a year ago was enough for my eyes to witness.

I could be wrong, but that might be what str8 was referring to.

Guest Mrthumps
This thread has gone from an informational post to a bad parody of how people act when their ball gets taken away.

Nice job fellas. :stare:

Indeed. Although it is rather amusing seeing people panic and freak out because the torrent page is gone and they just can't get over that fact. ;)

it is really funny that a 9 page long thread with the title where have the torrents gone, doent actually say where they have gone!!

and it sais nothing in the announcment section

would it be to much to ask nite to post a locked thread in the announcment section to tell us exactly what is going on