Where have the torrents gone?

species8472

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mrthumps

Are you next going to tell us that the Earth truly is indeed round, and that bears apparently really do crap in the woods?

If a bear craps in the woods with no-one around...

Does it make a sound?

Is that any similar to

If a tree falls in a forest and hits a passing mime, does anyone care?

;)

Also' date=' wahaha I got this movie script about a guy that's lived in a bunch of countries, and he goes on this crazy adventure, interested?[/quote']

Chuck Norris will be portraying the character wahaha in, "Fists of EBOLA; worldwide pandemic"

Chuck Norris is so crazy, he attacked a man who cut him off in traffic. After a series of devastating roundhouse blows to the body, that man now drives with a knob on his steering wheel and a colostomy bag.

Well, after having the somewhat discomforting feeling of being the one starting this particular "thread of doom" subside a little, I just want to send out my congrats on the moderators and to Nite for keeping it together (mostly anyway ;)) and keeping the boards online.

I have been coming to the site and reading for over a year, and usually had Azeureus pumping until I uploaded at least twice what I took, but haven't found too much to post about before. I am saddened to see the big guys win this particular fight, but applaud your wisdom in choosing your battles.

Like others, I have a new respect and appreciation for the community in this, and will be coming now to the board instead of just looking to see what's new to grab.

Riker quoted it best in the Last Outpost -- "He will triumph, who knows when to fight..."

I'll have to second the sentiments. I've been a long time member, though primarily a (light) torrent user in good standing (maintaining a 2.0 ratio) and they will be missed, but now I think I may have been missing the true gem here, the forums. I'll think I'll have to spend some more time getting to know them...

:( NiteShdw we are all sorry that this happend. And I truly believe that you had the best Sci-Fi Site in the world. I wish everyone could stop fussing over copywrite laws and this law says this and this law says that. People it doesn't matter the best site for sci-fi is gone. Granted we can still chat and discuss here on the forum ( and thank goodness we can ). NiteShdw is there anything I can do to help bring you back on-line??? Maybe it's time to find a new way of sharring??? If they want to force the P2P comunity into the depths of the internet. Then let's find some way some new and hard to track way of letting them know that we will not die. We will not go quietly into the night. We will not stop sharing and will we will persevere and find a way that this comunity will rise again from it's asses. I know that there are other sites I could go to and find all the Sci-Fi I wanted but it's not the same. NiteShdw we will miss you greatly and god speed to you and your staff. :thinking:

Well, he always knew what he was doing. People reminded him of the security issues on occasion (like the last MPAA sweep months ago) but he prefered to walk along his own path - which led into the dead stop.

I am really sorry for his family though, but it was his choice after all.

I remember that, I was a more active member of the site at the time, work has curtailed that. Hey-ho my prob.

The fact remains the rest of my post applies IMHO.

Nite gave very good reason for what he was doing with the site and NONE of the suggested security concerns expressed would have changed what has happened.

Think of it logically, the MP@@ are taking the easy option at the moment by persuing public trackers, they will go after private ones next. I don't know about the laws in the GOOD OLD U.S.of A. but that is what they are using and trying to use in other countries

(see Pirate Bay).

Bottom line Nite needs our support and help

edit: Nite must have been doing his reply while I was writing my original post. Seems he's in the dark also. Keep us posted Nite!

I don't think people are deliberately being disrespectful it is natural to want to know where they went and most of the people on here have also said thanks to him no matter how it ends up and also wanted to make sure he was alright but as he said in I believe it was his first post in this thread he has received nothing from anyone about suing him. But as I said curiosity is normal for humans and this is one of those times where people are going to really want to know what is really going on not just what we THINK is going on. I have seen nowhere where Nite has come out and said it will just be gone for a while or its gone for good. So all of us are really just speculating on what is going on and weather we think that our speculating is right or not that dose not mean that we are right. And again I do hope that Nite remains out of the light so to speak about this whole thing and that he is just playing it safe. But I do agree there are a few people on here that seem more worried about where they are going to get there stuff from and I do agree that is not right.

fenriswolf, about the p2p related issues in sweden is that the tracker is legal since no illegal material exist on a tracker, well the torrent files are not illegal in sweden. it's just the download/upload part that is illegal.

fenriswolf' date=' about the p2p related issues in sweden is that the tracker is legal since no illegal material exist on a tracker, well the torrent files are not illegal in sweden. it's just the download/upload part that is illegal.[/quote']

Not that any of this matters as there is NO tracker and NO torrents to be found here. :rolleyes: