Gmail Invites, come and get'em

Mav

I noticed I've got some invites piling up. I've got 50 spare invites to use up, so if you want a gmail account you can either

1) reply with your email

2) email me, mavgeek@gmail.com (in case you don't want your current email publically known)

You'll recieve an invite either way. Yes for those wondering, Gmail is still "beta" so public signups still aren't open. It's a handy email. While most other providers are just now catching up in terms of storage space, Gmail still is the most streamlined I've seen for web-based email (virtually no ads, a nice automatic spam filter etc).

Ha! They won't ever switch to an open system. They devised the beta excuse to make invitation mandatory and accepted.

So, what's the REAL reason for invites only for G-Mail?

Spammers.

Yes, while a spammer COULD get their hands on a G-Mail invitation, it isn't anywhere near as easy as getting one from Yahoo or Hotmail. But, because Google played it smart with their e-mail service, you can get an invitation, and have a reasonable expectation to get the name you want on there.

I have a hundred invites at present. So if anyone wants, let me know with a PM.

Gmail doesn't have any revolutionary features or anything. But it's a great system nonetheless. The webmail interface is stylish and logical (not at all like the bloated pile of steaming poo that is hotmail, for example) and there is VERY rarely any problems. And not having to delete recieved mails is great. I've had my gmail since the very start, and I have never removed a mail ever.

And the max size you can send or recieve is 10 mb.

I noticed I've got some invites piling up. I've got 50 spare invites to use up, so if you want a gmail account you can either

1) reply with your email

2) email me, mavgeek@gmail.com (in case you don't want your current email publically known)

You'll recieve an invite either way. Yes for those wondering, Gmail is still "beta" so public signups still aren't open. It's a handy email. While most other providers are just now catching up in terms of storage space, Gmail still is the most streamlined I've seen for web-based email (virtually no ads, a nice automatic spam filter etc).

And it should remain that way too. The last thing I need is junkmail on such a good site.

(Deleted the reactionary comment.)

I think were up to 2.7GB storage, and Ive still only used 50MB from emails incl.attachments, its awesome site. I also created several different accounts depending what and who I want email from. Just send an invite to yourself, then eventually your new account will get invites.

Anyhoo, Ive got several 100 invites remaining if anyone still needs, ask here or PM me.

C'mon, isn't there something slightly fishy about a service that never deletes anything? I run crazy crap through them , but nothing important. All the good stuff comes in on a Red Phone under a cake Lid, you know what I'm saying?

C'mon' date=' isn't there something slightly fishy about a service that never deletes anything? I run crazy crap through them , but nothing important. All the good stuff comes in on a Red Phone under a cake Lid, you know what I'm saying?[/quote']

So all your important email comes from the President?..