Favorite Captain

Chewbacca

"To seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." is the credo of starfleet. Maybe Admirals should stay put and make broad decisions, but it seems like exploring is what being a captain is all about. I'm not saying I don't like sisko, and it was a nice change of pace to have a stationary base, but when they gave Sisko that post he was a Commander. Commander is the right rank for such an assignment. I don't know why any Captain wouldn't want his own ship for exploration. And Cowman? I guess I just assumed feminism was accurately portrayed by radical feminists. If true feminism simply means equality, then I guess i'm one too; but they should change the misleading name.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cowman... cowman... i dont suppose u went to starfleet academy rite? if yes, then that honours of yours might hvprobably came from the gamma quadrant.

i really dont have time to go and look it up in the dic. but it is a general perception that a "feminist" is a bias. and "faminism" as far as i've known, from i dont even remember where i read it is about "woman struggle", "woman power", and etc etc. because the term use here is a woman, a female... and not men... i surely suggest a bias influence, lieutenant. should my opinion be against what u'hv learnt... i suggest u go and do ur home work. no offense.

JANEWAY rules!!! kindness, determination, sensitivity... ;)

azuro... azuro... since when has gereral perception ment anything? people are generely stupid.

go to dictionary.com if your to lazyy to use a real dictionary.

Feminism is the belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes, and the movement organized around this belief aimed at equal rights for women. A feminist is an advocate of this belief that woman should have the same rights as men this 'woman struggle' 'woman power' thing refers the stuggle women have had to get to a level where men except that women can hold high ranking jobs and do just as well as a male could. They dont beleive that woman should have power over men, just beleive in equal opertunities for both sexs.

If you have been brought up in an enviroment were both sexes are not treated equally, that you would be less likely to know what feminism was about as you wouldn't hear about it much. but in many parts of the world women are treated as inferiors, thats why it is called feminism. If the tables were turned and men were the ones fighting for equal rights then am sure it would be called maleism or something.

i suggest u go and do ur home work. no offense. lol

Cowman, if you believe in equality, you would not be a feminist, you'd be an everybody-ist. Feminism implies bias.

I prefer Janeway. She, Kirk, and Archer are the only three that mean 'boldly go where no man has gone before' when they say it. Picard had many chances to explore, and he almost always gets scared and runs home. He seems more suited for admiralship (but he'd make an incredible admiral, I admit).

Sisko? Too restrained when it came to exploration. He had a cloaked ship and a wormhole, and how often did he go exploring? Not much.

lmao how could sisko go exploring, he only received the defiaint in season 3, Season 1 & 2 he only had a run about hardly a ship you want if you bump into some nasties. Season 4 he was to busy keeping the klingons away from the station, season 5,6,7 he was to busy fighting off the Dominon. He would of been a bit reckless taking off in the Defiant exploring.

I downloaded all the Star Trek movies from this site, and have watched the first two so far (I'll do the third tonight), and so far, it appears that Kirk is better suited as a captain, and not an admiral. Kirk is the type who seems to like the exploring, and gets bored staying as Starfleet as an academy instructor. It seems to have been a mistake for him to ever have accepted promotion.

Cowman, if you believe in equality, you would not be a feminist, you'd be an everybody-ist. Feminism implies bias.

I prefer Janeway. She, Kirk, and Archer are the only three that mean 'boldly go where no man has gone before' when they say it. Picard had many chances to explore, and he almost always gets scared and runs home. He seems more suited for admiralship (but he'd make an incredible admiral, I admit).

If I'm not mistaken, only Picard and Kirk ever said boldly go where no-one has gone before... And if I had to pick who to give command over my starship, it would be Picard, because he's not reckless. Boldly going and reckless are not the same, where with Kirk you can hardly see the difference... (he says so himself in Star Trek: Generations...)

Kirk is way too reckless' date=' but Picard's restraint borders on cowardice. Sisko had enough free time to drop by a few dozen new worlds in the gamma quadrant, he just didn't.[/quote']

Reckless or not, Kirk is a warrior, and therefore has the right to be captain.

;)

Picard, OTOH, is a Diplomat, and should've taken a job as Ambassador, not Starship Captain!

:stare: :stare: :stare:

i suspect the reason picard is dominating this poll is that he has more leverage due to the fact that the tng crew is the only crew you can watch a full feature length movie rite now. i loved tng when it came out, but its a bit boring to try to sit through more that a couple eps. i'd say sit the movies aside (including kirk's), cause its a bit unfair with all the $$$ dumped into them. now my list goes like this:

1.janeway (she's got the biggest balls of them all)

2. archer (cause enterprise is the freshest material)

3.kirk (ladies man)

4. picard (wheres he from? england? how unamerican)

5.sisco (boring as hell. ds9 didn't even get good till worf came aboard to carry him)

well there it is.

mrbmw1989 said
picard (wheres he from? england? how unamerican)

lmao yer cause thats the dream of the federation, to have an american in charge of every starfleet ship.

Sorry, but that's wrong.

:stare:

Checkov (Russian) was XO on the Reliant.

Sulu (Japanese) was Captain

Chacotay(sp? American Indian) was Captain

.....There are several other examples as well.

:)

Yeah' date=' but the Captains of the ships around which the series' have been centered have all been from the U.S., I think, except Picard.[/quote']

I'm sorry, but that's wrong as well........

Yes, Starfleet is based in the USA, but the UFP HQ is located in Europe, if memory serves.

Cadets are trained at Starfleet, but officers are trained at UFP HQ.......I'm fairly certain.

So, if I want to be picky, I could technically say that NO Captains are from the USA!

:cyclops:

mrbmw1989 said
picard (wheres he from? england? how unamerican)

lmao yer cause thats the dream of the federation, to have an american in charge of every starfleet ship.

Sorry, but that's wrong.

My reply was sarcasm based upon mrbmw1989 ranking picard 4th with the reason of him being un american