Favorite Captain

Chewbacca

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am gonna be very bais here and say Sisko, had to fight the domion where was picard? sat at home reading shakespear probably or coming to that matter of fact where was the enterprise the whole time they where fighting the domion? extended leave lol lazy gits

At least sisko wasnt 100% by the book man and bent the rules to ge things done i.e dragging the romulans into the war.

Sorry people it seems that Picard is kicking all the other captains butts. Even if you add all of the others points up they still don't add up to Picards. It stand at 7 for Picard and 6 for the rest.

Picard 1 v 3 Sisko

ENERMIES FOUGHT

Brog dominon

Various non important fights klingons

Cardaissians

Borg @ wolf 539

Anyone else think of any I missed?????

You might remember they wrote a book called Make It So about Picard's command style. I didn't read it but when I have to take charge of a situation it isn't Picard I'm thinking of, it's Sisko. Remember at the end of that trial episode when he says to Worf something along the lines of: This party isn't for you, it's for them. They need it. Sometimes you have to go out and smile even if it's the last thing you want to do because they're your crew. For me that moment hands down made Sisko a better leader. See, Picard was a good leader but he only lead by example - Sisko taught us a few things along the way.

Now let's compare emotional range. Most people think 'The Inner Light' was the dramatic powerhouse of TNG but I prefer to think acting-wise 'Sarek' is far more impressive. Now let's compare that to 'The Visitor' on DS9. There's just no competition. Maybe Sisko just had better stuff to work with.

Speaking of books, if each Captain wrote an instructional book, what would it be called?

Kirk - Green Alien Sex: How Not To Get The Clap

Picard - Make It So: Leadership Styles For The Lonely Superhuman

Sisko - Batter Up! How To Kick Ass Against Impossible Odds

Janeway - Do It: How Family Metaphors Can Solve Any Problem

Archer - What The Hell Am I Doing Out Here? Shut Up! An Autobiography

Cowman' date=' actually Inner light is actually one of the best TNG eposiodes.[/quote']

I know, and EVERYBODY says that. Personally I didn't like it. I realize this puts me in the minority and can make me the object of scorn but what can ya do? Hey, I like the flute song and Stewart's son playing Picard's son but that's about it.

hey for some reason' date=' one of my friends has a odd resemblance to captain archer. i told him several times that they look alike. (he's like 16)[/quote']

A 16 year old that looks like he's in his 50's?

....Wow! What an insult!

:p

Picard is a diplomat.........Diplomats shouldn't even BE captain!

Captains should be warriors!!

Kirk was a warrior!

Sisko was a warrior!

Archer's trying to be one......

.....Hell, even Janeway was a warrior, later on!

But Picard whined his way out of things!

:stare: :stare: :stare: