What os do you use

msg4real

Mac OSX Tiger on a PowerBook G4.

XP is fine as long as you spend hours to tweak it, install loads of 3rd-party softwares (Opera, K-Lite Codec Pack, etc.), and with an accepted "Genuine Advantage ????" serial-no.

Otherwise you can only get "security updates"...

Oh, and disk defragmenter and StyleXP and FTP/HTTP server and......

All in all, Macintosh ROCKS!!

BUT Vista do look quite cool, and is on a new core, so I am not judging yet.

Use XP clicked the 2000 / NT option as this is what XP is really, wonder why windows is seperate!!! had a mac once, it sucked was great for photoshop, but otherwise it sucked. Tried mandrake for a while again couldnt run what i wanted so went back to windows. Have used 3.1 95 98 98 se win 2000 and win XP thinkin about 2003 now as i do serve but XP is the best have used well once you put SP2 on it anyway. as for vista am not sure will wait for a while and see what it has new.

i use a few really, my home PC is winXP 64 bit cause i have an AMD64 chip :) at work my main PC i use is winXP pro, my secondary PC i use for my VPN into my AS400 mainframe is win2k and my web server and irc server i host at my local ISP both run on FreeBSD 6.0

so i have my fingers in everything really, oh, and i have an old server somewhere thats Debian :)

For now the one and only time in history I have had a ligitimate copy of an operating system and it's XP SP2. I found a hacked version of vista already and boy, don't ya now it's tempting, but can't say I'm willing to let go just yet.

heck i heard the min req are 512 ram 2.X Ghz cpu plus a they want you to have a gpu too....

man and i thought the os were supposed to need less specs than games?? :(

Yeah they are supposed to be quite high, but it works good on an amd64 3400+ x800pro and 1024 ram.

So te minimum will be lower than that. guessing around 64 mb vid card and 1.5 ghz....

well, im at the mo im on my ibook 1.33ghz running osx 10.4, i switched from xp about 9 months ago, and love it, no maintance or and crap, im not modest about virus, so yeah, i have software to check it, but in nine months, nothing, its fantastic, you should try browing the web on a mac, looking for cracks is fantastic, its so funny, the web sites get all confused, all my mates ask me to get serials and stuff for them cos its so much safer, and amusing. anyways, i also have a 20'' imac G4 at 1.25ghz running 10.4, i would never go back.

as we speak my bf is messing with the latest vista release, and well, its a complete rip of osx, its mad, apple should sue.

Here's to the mad ones, those who dared to be different. Think Different.