1000 germans

600 britains

200 canadians

400,000 chinese

50,000 Russian Soldiers

^----if u disagree with this order. DO BETTER

That works for me!

But not for me :(

No room for the Dutch on your colony ????

Nobody from India ? (there´s more than a Billion ppl living there)

no spanish speaking countries ?

Not to mention that you completely forgot Africa and Australia.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republic' date=' its the only way to fairly hear the voice of the people[/quote']

Don't you mean the voices of the people's caretakers, err, representatives? Actually, you sound much like the noted Federalist, John Adams. I'm a Jeffersonian Anarchist myself, but it takes all kinds!

russians are backstabbers

What a curious statement.

Can you list the number of treaties with us that the Russians have broken. How about the number of treaties with the Russians that we have broken ... Off hand, I can think of at least one without breaking a sweat.

How many times have the Russians invaded United States territory. How many times have Americans invaded Russian territory (hint, at least one military expedition, with numerous border violations done by military intelligence gathering units.)

But perhaps you've got more info to back that statement up. I don't consider America particularly bad. Our political and international behavior tends towards the pragmatic, although veiled with the propaganda of democracy. We're better than a lot of nations, worse than others. We have regularly violated international law, have engaged in terrorism and terrorist sponsorship.

My Russian history isn't that good, so I don't know how they've been "backstabbers," but I wonder if their backstabbing has been any worse than ours?

Democracy. I like the idea of anarchy but we need some laws so I couldn`t vote for it.

Amon Hennessey, the anarchist pacifist Catholic Worker who operated the Joe Hill House used to tell the judge:

What good are your laws? Good people don't need them and bad people don't obey them.

ok the first people to colonize planets goes in this order

10,000 americans

1000 germans

600 britains

200 canadians

400,000 chinese

50,000 Russian Soldiers

Let's send a bunch of French and Italian chefs. A bevy of engineers, equally divided between Germans, Japanese, and Americans. Israeli and Swiss military, as well as a contingent of US special forces. Scientists specializing in geology, ethology, biology, community psychology, and linguistics -- the best in the field, regardless of nationality. A contingent of great software and hardware people to keep computer systems running and to repurpose them. Quality control and testing folks, the most anal-retentive possible, probably mil-std Americans, and Japanese 5 Nines types.

A large contingent of first-nations people, who have learned to live off the land, to be observant of the natural processes. They will be one of the most important keys to adapting to a new planet. Australian aboriginies, Maoris, Native Americans, Bwiti pymies, !Kung bushmen, Sammoyeds, Inuits, and groups from Amazonia and the Andes. Some Anu from the Japanese islands and some of the more "primitive" groups from China and India.

We need story-teller-philosophers, like Lawrence Weschler and Micheal Meade, to help those who remain behind understand the adventure, and to help those on the journey continue to find meaning and to adapt that meaning to changing circumstances.

I'd send Alaskans (not from the cities, though), and other people from around the world who live in a frontier environment.

Then, apportion the remaining room by national population, making sure to get a good racial blend.

I don't know if this is better than your list, it's just the list I would make.

The problem with Democracy is that it insures that the majority rules, which means the winner will be the candidate who appeals to people of average intellect. It is ridiculous to solve a problem by consulting the average man. If your child was sick, would you poll average people to find the cure, or would you go to a highly skilled doctor, who is neither average, nor easy for the average man to understand? The truth is that genius scares average people, and that only genius can truly create and solve. We should be run by a Republic of the most intelligent people. We could test anyone who wanted a position in the government for certain skills, and if acceptable, then becomes a candidate for the voters to decide upon. The presidency should be eliminated, and the 50 governors of the states would form a republic, and decide things by simple voting amongst themselves.

dont even think this post is relevant but hey..

i can almost find something about more or less any nation on this blue globe inclufing my own.

some below ;)

Amerikans= arrogant and selfish and uneducated ;)

canadians=they suck in hockey ;)

french=wine pimps and arrogant.

swedes=chilly and slow witted o btw there is polar bears in stockholm (my country) ;)

russians= drunks and gangster the hole bunch of them ;)

i mean lets just face it whats the point on .

On this forum it shouldnt be hard to keep it cool if we dont involve politics at all.

so i refuse to vote..

edit

i was ironic in this post so dont take it personal :)

I think the question is a not defined enough.

In the UK the system for local democray works quite well. A system New labour seem to want to bog down with bureaucracy and red tape (as shown with their failing scottish parliment and welsh assembly, and their failure to regional english parliments of the ground.)

Nationaly the British political system generally works well. with the exception of labour who at this time are in the process of weaking that system.

But on a larger scale lets say the earth then things would have to work very differently, prehaps somesort of federal system would be needed

ok the first people to colonize planets goes in this order

10,000 americans

1000 germans

600 britains

200 canadians

400,000 chinese

50,000 Russian Soldiers

Hmm, I am Canadian, hope I get to be in that 200..... If we take 10,000 Americans, what does that get us?

And I don't think we need 400,000 Chinese. I would take 10,000 from each continent. And then some of the brightest people in the world to get up to 100,000.

BUT ALL THE CHICKS NEED TO BE HOT! ;)

Actually not for the first reason I was going to post until I saw the whole thing about numbers of people.

I love it idea of demcracy, but I beleive that any country that claims to be democratic, if just a myth, and the people just think they live in a democracy. When the was the last time anything went to a vote from the people?

You vote in your president, senate, prime minister, or what have you, and there your democractic priviledges end. They make a decisions, and we just sit back and think "What a great job I did but being in a democracy." We basically (In Canada more so) vote in a 4 year dictator that can do what he wants, and if people get in his way, he can get then kicked out of the senate or house of commons.

I still vote even though I think it is a farce (must be the human need to feel like I did something) and I still bitch about eh government (If you don't vote, you can't bitch!!!)

So there is my two cents (Canadian so 1.63748 cents American)

"If you don't vote, you can't bitch"? That's ridiculous. You say the system is broken, but you keep it alive by voting. Seems to me that someone who doesn't perpetuate a failed government by voting is the only one not part of the problem, and therefore the only one who can bitch. Either change it, ignore it, or go along with it happily.

"If you don't vote' date=' you can't bitch"? That's ridiculous. You say the system is broken, but you keep it alive by voting. Seems to me that someone who doesn't perpetuate a failed government by voting is the only one not part of the problem, and therefore the only one who can bitch. Either change it, ignore it, or go along with it happily.[/quote']

If people didnt vote there would be complete chaos.

All so People with lots of money are the true people of power, the more cash they have the more they can do and the more money they want (greed). I think get rid of money and get rid of greed, also jelousy should go as well............

But then we're only human..............

swedes=chilly and slow witted o btw there is polar bears in stockholm (my country) ;)

Real nice, Zerotop - you just called yourself slow witted!! :D

Anyway, I'm Danish, so perhaps we can share a shuttle between us??? Say; 100 danes, 200 sweedes and 95 norwegians? And please bring some of the Sweedish girls ;)

isnt there anything written in the prime directive on this topic? democratic, republic... i say these are all for personal cause. a government claims to be democratic, yet it is them who manipulate votes. to stay in power. is our voice really heard? and to keep on living... we just HAVE to go along wt it and keep quiet. want to start a riot? not rational. but the system really is corrupt. THE NEED OF THE MANY!!!! wheres the vulcan in these people? sish! :thinking: