People are still posting Niteshdw Torrents

Antilles

I know theres still a lot of the old files floating around due to DHT but to name the site in the torrent title is a bit much and not necessary. Someone over at Demonoids just put up some Voyagers. Anyway I politely asked him to rename it and I hope he does, dont need that sort of thing after what Nites been going through! Over time theyll probably get less and less and you wont be able to find any old files with the tracker name on it.

Mod note: Please don't post links to torrent download pages in this forum.

Oops, yup, sorry!

When it comes to other people posting torrents on any other sites, theres not very much that anyone (including NiteShdw, and even the MPAA) can really do about it. I'm sure that any one of us here can think of atleast 5 different sites that you can find the same torrents that we once hosted / tracked here.

As long as nobody is posting the names / URL's to the sites here in the forums, then I'm pretty sure that Nite can't get into any hot water over it, as it should be understood that Nite is master of his own domain, but obviouslly has no power over what kind of things are done on other sites.

IMO, the NiteShdw brand is synomonous with high quality sci-fi encoding, so people are doing whatever with the torrent files, so thet they'd be recognized as being quality encodes.

Is the old domain going? Maybe I need to update my bookmark.

Whilst I never associate names with files (some people put their name as encoder in the file - which IMO can bring unwanted attention and is also too much) having an NFO file with links info is nice, but I understand reasons for telling people not to. Surely you cannot be done for other people passing around the name?

This is not a torrent site, but would posting info about the site with their releases on other trackers not just spread the word what a good forum this is?

This is not a torrent site' date=' but would posting info about the site with their releases on other trackers not just spread the word what a good forum this is?[/quote']

I think that when it comes to the law, and the scrutiny which I'm sure NiteShdw & this forum are under, it is perhaps best to tread as gently and carefully as possible. There's no call for this forum to keep being linked to torrents after all.

Well surely the MPAA can scrutinise us as much as they like as there are no torrents here - no tracker, no hosting of files, and even no torrent links.

I'm glad there is this section on about torrents even if it has strict limitations. It would be a pity to completely abandon the sites herritedge and expertise amongst users here.

• 2 months later...

We understand that torrents are still floating around with niteshadows old tracker attached to them. Since the tracker is dead we're not concerned by it, however we are concerned that niteshadow has the audacity to have a section in the forum about torrents. Unbelievable, and stop the whining about prosecution when you've shown your not willing to cooperate. DID YOU RECIEVE OUR TAKEDOWN NOTICE?

We understand that torrents are still floating around with niteshadows old tracker attached to them. Since the tracker is dead we're not concerned by it' date=' however we are concerned that niteshadow has the audacity to have a section in the forum about torrents. Unbelievable, and stop the whining about prosecution when you've shown your not willing to cooperate. DID YOU RECIEVE OUR TAKEDOWN NOTICE?[/quote']

No I did not. I never received any takedown or C&D notices from anyone in the entertainment industry. The only notice that I have ever received, ever, from the MPAA is when I was served with a copy of the lawsuit filed against me, which doesn't even list the MPAA as a Plaintiff.

We understand that torrents are still floating around with niteshadows old tracker attached to them. Since the tracker is dead we're not concerned by it' date=' however we are concerned that niteshadow has the audacity to have a section in the forum about torrents. Unbelievable, and stop the whining about prosecution when you've shown your not willing to cooperate. DID YOU RECIEVE OUR TAKEDOWN NOTICE?[/quote']

Point of order: There is absolutely nothing inherrently illegal about torrents. If someone wants to discuss (for example) downloading a linux distro via BitTorrent, what business of that is yours? Might as well tell people they can't discuss VCRs or CD burners because they can be used to make "illegal" copies. :rolleyes:

Gotta be honest...I just joined, found this place from a link on a torrent I got.

But yeh, nice job to the troll MPAA1 for implying all torrents are illegal. Nothing like a stupifying lack of knowledge to really show a person's ignorance.

• 1 month later...
But yeh' date=' nice job to the troll MPAA1 for implying all torrents are illegal. Nothing like a stupifying lack of knowledge to really show a person's ignorance.[/quote']

Def. I don't know why anyone is at all concerned that the MPAA1 guy is not just some fat, bald man in his thirties with nothing better to do than try and scare people with dilusions of self-grandeur and masturbate to Golden Girls reruns. If the MPAA had something to say, they'd write a letter or a cease and decist.

As stated above, torrents are not illegal. The CONTENTS of some torrents may be, but not the whole system in general.

He doesn't appear to be banned but seems to have stopped posting due to our constant ridicule and having all his topics locked.

On the topic at hand I think some martyrdom is apparent, since much of what was once found here actually seems to be thriving more than ever.

• 2 months later...