Favorite car

wahaha

I ment race-driving-like driving :) You know, floor it whenever you can. It's impressive that this engine still works well after what it's been through. I used to drive like crazy so the car took some heavy duty on it :) Although it's not some super car, I like it, it's reliable, and acceleration is ok for me. I drive usually in the city, here acceleration doeas not mean much, nor does the top speed. I don't like racing in a straight line. Racing through the city during rush hour, that's a challenge. Driver is the most important there. Maneuvering through tight places, driving mirror-to-mirror, using your handbrake, otherwise you'd end up on a tree :) beating records on how fast can I drive through one point to another on the other side of the city, slalom through other cars, passing "on 3rd" (that's when you pass a car when another is coming from opposide direction, you force these cars to move a litte to the side of the road, and you use a tight space between them to drive)...

And I must say, roads in Europe are narrow, everyone drives tighter and that's a normal thing. There isn't that much space on the street as in USA, everything is very tight.

Ahhh... yeah... when I was young and stupid :) Now I don't drive like this... usually B)

So maybe I don't do 0-60 in 5 secs, but believe me, that baybe can do a lot. And I bought it for about $9000 (new one), so don't expect much. It's top speed was 200 km/h, that's about 130 mph I guess. But I don't drive that much in the city :)

Just don't think I'm crazy, I was, I'm not anymore and I'm glad I'm alive...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You use RON and the US uses MON or AKI' date=' so 95 or 99 equals 87 and 91 for the US.[/quote']

I just checked it, 87 and 91 in US would be 92 and 96 in Europe. We have three kinds of gasoline fuel in Europe - 95,98 and 99. So they would be 90, 93 and 94 in US.

I use LPG which has abut 110 or more (depends on a composition). My engine is more flexible (I think it's a right word) than on gasoline. But LPG has a lower energy content, since the engine was only adjust to drive on it.

I wish they would make a new dukes of hazzard show, only this time use GERMAN cars.. imagine some Audi and BMW with AWD on those dirt roads and doing those jumps.. now that would be awesome to see the handling and performance haha. The general lee would never be able to perform like that.

Same for the cop cars, make them foreign, or just use the crap ford and chevys they use now hehe. I for one think they should start using German cars as pursuit vehicles.

With reinforced forward frame forks capable of perfoming the pitt manuver at over 100mph with minimal damage the tried and true police inticeptor is the 1997 chevy camaro.

Suspension is based on one of the worlds best handleing cars in that class, the 3rd generation (1982-1992) camaro which held its reputation as best handleing until the release of the 2001 Corvette Z06, 9 years after the design was scrapped for something more aestetically pleasing.

Easyly customizable, they could be sufficient cruisers with 400+ HP and a 0-60 just over 5 seconds (and a top speed of 156MPH) perfect for the highway networks of lower NY (one of five still running can be frequently seen on the loop pkwy in southern nassau, and the primary driver is a very friendly guy, he will tell you all about his cruiser if asked, although he might be one of the scaryest looking officers ive ever seen)

or

Could be built like the one owned by CHP patroling route 1 (i think route 1) with over 2000HP and capable of a 0-60 in under 2 seconds with a top speed of who knows. This car is designed to CATCH UP with the fast, furious and outright stupid for thinking their nitro will sustain them long enough to out run this fuelie.

All in all, that car is the best police car out there, it has proven it's self better then Texas's Lambo Diablo 6.0 and has stomped on the various mustangs throughout the country. It even beats up on it's big brother the corvette. But a police fleet is not all about this, you need Cruisers (the technical classification this time) such as crown vics to intimidate with size numbers and speed, you need undercover cars such as Nassau County's insane Olds Alero (dont mess with that thing, trust me) and smaller cars such as the impala. Or Hummer's such that the south hampton police use. Its a fleet, a fleet has variety.

I do think they should start incorperating in BMW 3 series to operate in crowded areas such as NYC. I do know that NYPD employes several honda's and other various cars to operate in city streets. But as of now, these are still unmarked.

I still wish there was some car show on TV like the dukes to showcase newer cars.

Could be built like the one owned by CHP patroling route 1 (i think route 1) with over 2000HP and capable of a 0-60 in under 2 seconds with a top speed of who knows

Where did you read about a car like this?? That's almost impossible. The only thing that fast is a motorcycle - suzuki hayabusa.. and those older than 1998 have top speeds of over 200MPH.

Thing is, most German cars, at lease Audi S class have limited top speeds of 155, which means they can go faster 12.gif

Mercedez used to be awesome!

It ended when they joined forces with a US company hehe. Anything the US auto industry touches, turns to turds. I've heard so many complaints about Merc quality on message boards since they merged.

All in all, that car is the best police car out there, it has proven it's self better then Texas's Lambo Diablo 6.0 and has stomped on the various mustangs throughout the country.

If it's good enough for Italy I would think it's good enough for Texas. I have seen a pic of some state using a black dodge viper. Note that Lambo is no longer Italian.. they're owned by Audi now, and the interior for the Gallardo has been MUCH improved for it.

Doesn't anyone drive one of them new fangled Asian hybrids? I'd like to know the real gas mileage on those things. The other day I removed the air filter for my twin turbo, and it read 36 MPG on a 55mph 144 mile trip back from the U of M! Normally I can get 31 if I drive 55.

I hate paying for premium gas, but I LOVE my car hehe.

i drive a 96 charade detomaso. with a 1.6 singlecam engine it runs quite fast. but my brother's EVO7 is way faster. we are all japanese car fans. maybe i'll get myself an impreza. i know my dad wont allow if it is he who's paying. but i'd prefer a comfortable car. its not like u can speed all the time in the city. i would like to own one of those cool looking two seater benz. what was it? a CLK compressor? or i can send my car to mtv and let them pimp my tortoise.

Realistically, I would love to own a Holden Monaro one day (For those who don't know what a Holden Monaro is, I feel sorry for you, the Pontiac GTO is a rebadged version of the Monaro). My absolute favourite dream car remains the McLaren F1 LM. I must admit though, I don't mind the new Porsche Cayenne Turbo, which also has a more realistic price tag than the McLaren F1 LM.

A japanese car fan that wants a benz? lol, you might wanna think twice about benz since they are partners with a US co. Their quality has tanked. It's better to stick with TRUE German cars.. Audi, BMW, VW. And only the expensive ones are built in Germany. The cheaper ones are from Brazil and Mexico. Some BMW are built in the US now.

As for pimp my ride, they need to cancel it. There have been so many threads on another board about it that I won't say much here. They just fix the outside, but then let your car break down once it's home because they did nothing to fix your oil leak. And as for the latest one where they maybe put xenons on that civic.. it's illegal. You're not supposed to have them unless they're connected to auto leveling sensors. That pretty much means all the Japanese cars on the road that come from the factory with xenons, are illegal because they don't have auto level, and blind people. My car has xenons with auto levelers and I STILL get people flashing their high beams at me when I go over bumps, or trying to hit me coz they're mesmerized by the blue and purple halo in the lens! I really hate those people who put blue or green bulbs in their car headlights.

If they wanted to pimp a ride, they should just rebuild the engine, add new brakes, tires, paint, and then add 1 monitor. For $20,000 you can easily do those other things first.. or just buy a used BMW hehe.

12.gif

is it wrong??? :(. i just think benz got cool elegant cars. i see my brother do so much to his car kinda makes me excited as well. but is it true they say... u need to do so much to a japanese car to make it woosh! when continental cars comes out from the factory with max performance u dont have to touch anything?

The styling of benz is still German, and for one of the models the engine is hand built in Germany. The other components I think are coming out of the dodge parts bin.. low quality stuff.

I can't remembe which model it is but some of the benz have AWD called 4Matic. But you have to pay a pretty premium to get it. My Audi has AWD standard and offers cars without it, but unless you have winter tires to go with it, don't bet on good snow handling.