Best Star Trek Series

synexo

I noticed that a lot of people are putting a numbered list of their preferences of the series. However, the topic I feel is really about what is your FAVORITE series. It may be a close race for many of your, but which one is your one and only favorite?! The one you like above all else, even if it is a close race...

Mine, as I have already mentioned, is TNG. You??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word to this "New Voyages" - I've watched it yesterday and it's pretty..well...weird.

I can't help myself, but it just looks like a bunch of old friends on some kind of drug playing arround with old decorations bought on eBay and a computer junky practising CGI.

One word to this "New Voyages" - I've watched it yesterday and it's pretty..well...weird.

I can't help myself, but it just looks like a bunch of old friends on some kind of drug playing arround with old decorations bought on eBay and a computer junky practising CGI.

yeah really! i am not much of a fan of new voyages either.

1. TNG

2. Enterprise

3. TOS

3. DS9

4. Voyager

Enterprise is the freshest post-TNG series. DS9 was good (Rene Aubojonois' Odo is one of trek's greatest ever characters!) but Voyager was where they lost the plot. Janeway was an awful captain, wooden and schoolma'amish, the characters were so bland the Doctor was the most believable crew member and he was a hologram.

I love the optimism and journeys of discovery that abound in Enterprise. From Dennis McCarthy's wonderful end theme to the gorgeous visuals and set design, from the complex characters like Reid, T'Pol and Edwards to the laugh-out-loud humour, this is uplifting and life-affirming stuff, and in MHO the best trek for years.

Unfortunately, the androids at UPN don't feel emotion so they don't understand this. Ah well, the box sets are out soon.

Dr Phloxx roxx!

I like TNG and Voyager. DS9 was alot of talking and not enough action for my taste. I mean talking is fine, but that's like all they did, from my standpoint. I didnt like voyager at first but I did like the intro with the music and the ship going threw the clouds. and a couple shows later I started to like Voyager. TNG I watched since It came on the air. I was like 8 years old on the first showing of TNG.

with all this rambling TNG and Voy are my fav's. Only thing about Enterprise the new show I liked was had some that hot vulcan chick, and voyager had seven of nine hehehe. What sweet dreams.

Well I guess "lame" is a matter of perspective, but you're just nagging on me to suck up to Nite :cyclops:

..and yes, the quality is very good (a great job) as well as with the Stargate 80meg versions, again proof of great skill with encoding - the quality vs the size is excellent.

However, for me personally, I'm not sitting on a couch in front of the computer so it should be pretty obvious why I say what I say.

Furthermore, I'm no big fan of mp3's either, simply because I really do prefer highest quality - I've had that discussion as well in some topic somewhere around here.

Maybe some of you feel ok with half-seeing or half-hearing movies or music but I don't, so that's a matter of choice and perspective - usually depending on how involved and how rabid you are about it.

For me, movies, music, art etc. is a lifestyle, maybe for most folks it's just as meaningful as taking a crap (though that ain't bad) as it is watching film or diggin' in music.

(Sorry, felt like putting it in a poisonous way hey, it's 7am in the morning, how am I supposed to feel? :D)

ZzZZzzzzzZzz***...

some people like some series becuase of its plot lines or stories, some people like a series becuase of the characters, some people like it becuase it is their first show that got them hooked... and so on and on..

For me, my favourite is TNG. I am a big astronomy fan and love everything about the stars, space and planets as well as its physics. TNG was the first show after Carl Sagan's Cosmos and some other scie fi movies that truely explored space. Science and physics (although mostly fiction) were well integrated with facts.

The characters were well developed and seemed to work well. The stories included social/ethical delimas of today that were presented well and ususaly solved with high morales of the future.

Voyager did pretty well after that with similar science and a storries that built upon TNG but with twist. The Borg stories did really well and I must say matched or even better than alot of the TNG stories.

DS9 I have yet to see but for some reason I never got myself to sit through it when it aired. But I plan to download it when the 175mb versions get released.....

i had to choose voyager...they got back to what the orignal trek was all about...exploring...stuck out there in the delta quadrant without "the federation" to back them up they had to do the best they could to try and make it home....and learn all they could on the way home...BTY my second had to be enterprise...almost same reasons...exploring(finally lately!!!)..and without "the federation " backing them up

dabrood, you hit the nail on the head that's exactly what New Voyages is! (not sure about the drugs...). I think it's pretty novel though, but the guys need to take a few acting classes.

I voted DS9, becuase it was the middle child, between TNG and Voyager. That, and

a) The Ferengi stories were hilarious (subject to opinion)

b) I really thought that Garak had very well written lines ( especially with his lunches with Bashir, subject to opinion)

c) the Federation's war vs. The Domionion was just pain cool, more then enough ship battles / hand to hand fights / phaser stand offs / best written war story arch of the entire Trek series.

I chose TNG

really hard to choose between TNG DS9 and VOY for me though.

really grew up on DS9 and VOY - too young to really remember TNG.

but seeing it in reruns and downloads, that show is genius.

a great many people have it on their list of one of the greatest tv shows ever - many number 1. and those arent big star trek fans.

It was just a great show.

VERY well written.

Probably

TNG/DS9 (a very close second)

VOY (close third)

TOS (more distant fourth) - only because there is no nostalgia for me, didn't grow up watching it. born in the 80s.

Enterprise (uh last)

DS 9 and than enterprise, just liked the beginning part - birth of federation even thought it was massed up by f***g barga and berman parasites.

Don't you just hate when you get infested by leeches - well Enterprise did, now at least we know who to blame..

DS9 is number 1

TNG is next

and the rest are great though have seen only one Ep of ENT.

DS9 has it all and right from the beginning. i have dl'd upto season 3 and am lovin every ep.i have only skipped 3 episodes which is pretty imoressive. in S1 of voyager i skipped about six and didnt make it to the end of the season. the later eps do it for me more. i just dont like kes.

DS9 has peolpe in it, not walking adverts for starfleet like in TNG though i love TNG.it has more scope for exploration and they crew can lose (which is important) without dying. its not an ideal environment.

additionally there are cisco's questionable acting techniques qhich i think are great, a real character. and somehow he finds a balance between all cultures and beliefs. plus i really liked bashir from the beginning. i liked the development from young and arrogant.

plus the involvement of other species can be worked into the plot somuch more easily than on a ship.

garak rules.

TNG is great and i think that i struggle to choose a fave because it was the first of the new series and the charactors have been around longer. additionally when it was around i was a teenager and aspired to those ideals. now as an adult i look at the ideals and prefer the "best we can do for the minute" idea. (been working for the dept of psychiatry fortoo long).

i loved the uncompromising attitude of picard and his style of command. i thought rikers sense of humour and aggressiveness were well balanced andfun at times.

worf rules. there are no two ways about it. he i think is the only character apart from data who had any real character development. this is probably why i like the episodes where other characters lose it a bit.

e.g. picard in family and riker in pegasus.

i will never tire of either but DS9 is #1 ;)

DS9 is number 1

TNG is next

and the rest are great though have seen only one Ep of ENT.

DS9 has it all and right from the beginning. i have dl'd upto season 3 and am lovin every ep.i have only skipped 3 episodes which is pretty imoressive. in S1 of voyager i skipped about six and didnt make it to the end of the season. the later eps do it for me more. i just dont like kes.

DS9 has peolpe in it, not walking adverts for starfleet like in TNG though i love TNG.it has more scope for exploration and they crew can lose (which is important) without dying. its not an ideal environment.

additionally there are cisco's questionable acting techniques qhich i think are great, a real character. and somehow he finds a balance between all cultures and beliefs. plus i really liked bashir from the beginning. i liked the development from young and arrogant.

plus the involvement of other species can be worked into the plot somuch more easily than on a ship.

garak rules.

TNG is great and i think that i struggle to choose a fave because it was the first of the new series and the charactors have been around longer. additionally when it was around i was a teenager and aspired to those ideals. now as an adult i look at the ideals and prefer the "best we can do for the minute" idea. (been working for the dept of psychiatry fortoo long).

i loved the uncompromising attitude of picard and his style of command. i thought rikers sense of humour and aggressiveness were well balanced andfun at times.

worf rules. there are no two ways about it. he i think is the only character apart from data who had any real character development. this is probably why i like the episodes where other characters lose it a bit.

e.g. picard in family and riker in pegasus.

i will never tire of either but DS9 is #1 ;)

(dam, still not tired. its stupid o'clock in the morning too)

• 2 weeks later...

TNG is the best.... Patrick Stewart is an acting genius.

I'm just getting into Enterprise, have watched most of the first series and it hasn't really impressed me in a big way yet.. i hear it gets better in the third season?