Bad Wolf(spoilers ep 6)

coolcat13

we will see the master again but possiably in 2006 if that is the case .

I would not doubt a return by Davros I still would guess that it will be in ep 12 . Still leaning towards a non-Dalek related story in ep 11

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those who think The Master will be returning in series one of the new doctor who... think again..... unless it's some sort of big deception... then The Master won't be returning. Eccleston has said this in a radio interview I just listened to.... he did say that altho he wouldn't be returning that something linked to him' date=' or thru the daleks or something like that... would be showing up. It's possibly Davros... it wouldn't surprise me.[/quote']

Which interview was this please and did he mention anything about why he chose not to do a second series?

I didn't say the Master would never return coolcat, just that he won't be in series one... I'm fairly sure they will bring him back at some stage. :)

Lieutenant Pella, I listened to the interview from an online streaming archive. I can't remember which one it was... i think he was interviewed by Simon Mayo? It might have been BBC Radio 5 Live website. He didn't mention not returning to do a second season as the interview seemed to have been recorded prior to that story getting out.

I doubt Episode 11 is a dalek story... it's far more likely to be 12 and 13 since those eps are the final 2 parter for this year. Someone has been quoted as saying that ep 11 Boomtown is terrifying... I'm looking forward to seeing it now. :)

Yes I read that Boomtown has been quoted by RTD himslef as being the most terrifying yet.

This long game is supposed to be scary (for kids I imagine) according to the Fear Factor feature at the Dr Who site, it got a FF 4 this week, same as Dalek.

Thanx GrowlyCubNZ, i'll check it out.

Is it me or now that the series is starting to get a bit darker and scary it is becoming alot more fun. I know this series is essentially aimed at kids but some of the humour has been a bit OTT for my tastes.

Thanx GrowlyCubNZ, i'll check it out.

Is it me or now that the series is starting to get a bit darker and scary it is becoming alot more fun. I know this series is essentially aimed at kids but some of the humour has been a bit OTT for my tastes.

It is probably too soo to tell, but I think you are onto something. The old shows highest ratings were during the Phillip Hinchcliff/Rober Homes year (the first three Tom Baker years), when it was often accused of be dark and scary. Recreating that style would be a good way to make the show successful.

Bad Wolf is, I think, The Doctor.

A wolf pack is a society. The Time Lords were a society. The Doctor "left" them - he was a "rogue wolf."

He states in DALEK that he "CAUSED it to happen" when it comes to the destruction of the Dalek race. He also says the Time Lords died in the same event. This leads to two theories:

- The Doctor set the end of the Daleks in motion, unaware that the cataclysm would end up taking the Time Lords with it.

- The Doctor realized that the risk to the universe was far too great, and found himself faced with either taking the daleks out now and ridding the universe of their thread but taking the Time Lords out with them or allowing the daleks to survive, saving the Time Lords but possibly dooming the universe. He chose the universe over the Time Lords KNOWINGLY.

The killing of his society would change him from "rogue wolf" to "Bad Wolf", wouldn't you agree?

So I don't think the question is WHO is Bad Wolf, the question is, who's setting up situations where the Bad Wolf reference is made? A surviving Time Lord with a beef to settle with the Doctor, most likely, or something who feels morally superior, certainly.

ah but he clearly states in Dalek that they destroyed his home world .The Daleks destroyed his homeworld

Therefore the Dr did not destroy Galifrey

the guilt he is feeling could be as simple as not destroying the Daleks in Genesis or may be compounded by another error .

Bad Wolf may also be a tag name for the Dr as he may have used some uber-powerful weapon to destroy the Daleks that he was not supposed to and some one may be hunting him as a result .

ah but he clearly states in Dalek that they destroyed his home world .The Daleks destroyed his homeworld

Therefore the Dr did not destroy Galifrey

I don't remember him saying the daleks destroyed his homeworld in the episode (though you did give me a good reason to watch DALEK again ;) ), but a homeworld is not necessarily the same thing as a civilization - particularly a civilization with space travel capability. ;)

Bad Wolf is, I think, The Doctor.

A wolf pack is a society. The Time Lords were a society. The Doctor "left" them - he was a "rogue wolf."

Wouldn't that be a lone wolf then, rather than Bad Wolf and why din't the doctor show any emotion when he was asking the boy to clean the graffitti of the TARDIS.

What you said about the wolf pack being a society, I totally agree with tho, so what if the Bad Wolf is another rogue Time Lord: The Maste and The Raini both spring to mind, and it's possible tho unlikely, that it could be the meddling monk or even a brand new renegade (example General tanis from Death Come to time or one I would really like to see The minister of Chance).

Wouldn't that be a lone wolf then, rather than Bad Wolf and why din't the doctor show any emotion when he was asking the boy to clean the graffitti of the TARDIS.

What you said about the wolf pack being a society, I totally agree with tho, so what if the Bad Wolf is another rogue Time Lord: The Maste and The Raini both spring to mind, and it's possible tho unlikely, that it could be the meddling monk or even a brand new renegade (example General tanis from Death Come to time or one I would really like to see The minister of Chance).

The Doctor didn't just go on his own, he went out with a philosophy in opposition to the Time Lord's stance of non-intervention in the affairs with others. "Rogue" makes more sense than "Lone."

The reason he didn't make a big deal about the graffiti is because he doesn't get the reference yet... it a series of clues or something... or hints, or perhaps seeming cosmic coincidence that is less than coincidence. You know, like CURSE OF FENRIC's coincidences adding up to not being coincidence. ;) The Doctor doesn't recognize it.... yet.

The Doctor didn't just go on his own, he went out with a philosophy in opposition to the Time Lord's stance of non-intervention in the affairs with others. "Rogue" makes more sense than "Lone."

The reason he didn't make a big deal about the graffiti is because he doesn't get the reference yet... it a series of clues or something... or hints, or perhaps seeming cosmic coincidence that is less than coincidence. You know, like CURSE OF FENRIC's coincidences adding up to not being coincidence. ;) The Doctor doesn't recognize it.... yet.

Fair point, but I don't think it's the Doctor. BTW apols for my terrible typing of the Master and The Rani

Now enough bits of the Time War have been revealed to know it had nothing to with the eighth doctor novels, I hoping the destruction of Gallifrey is a Time Lord ruse.

I'd love to see a new series episode set on Gallifrey.

There again I could just be in denial :(

He chose the universe over the Time Lords KNOWINGLY.

In The End of the World he tells Rose something quite like this: "My Planet is gone. Destroyed before its time. There was a war, and we lost."

He doesn't say he destroyed the planet. In Dalek he tells the Dalek he caused their fleet to burn in space. I don't hink, at this point, that he destroyed Gallifrey.

He doesn't say he destroyed the planet, but realize he didn't say that he DIDN'T. Of course, the Daleks might well have destroyed Gallifrey in response to the destruction of Skaro in REMEMBRANCE.

It's like politics - if you don't want to tell the full truth, you can leave some details out. ;)

AND he said that the Time Lords died with the Daleks. That suggests they died simultaneously. If he set up what killed the Daleks, then he could well have taken out the time lords at the same time.

"The Daleks destroyed my home' date=' my people" the Dr @ 38:54 of Dalek[/color']

This is pretty conclusive evidence that the Dr did not destroy Galifrey.At least as I see it

STILL inconclusive because, if a war was started, it was started because of the daleks' ruthlessness to conquer. They therefore - directly or indirectly - caused the war that brought about the end of the Time Lords.

You know, sort of like the way people blame WWII on the fact that Germany wasn't dealt with correctly after WWI. It could be a direct or indirect repercussion.

His suggestion that the Time Lords died WITH the daleks suggests SIMULTANEOUSNESS in the two races' demises.

The one thing I feel really shoots down my theory is the psychic girl in THE UNQUIET DEAD looking into Rose's mind and commenting that Rose had seen "The Big Bad Wolf." If she had had a vision of the Doc, she wouldn't have been so nice to him probably when dealing with him afterwards.

"The Daleks destroyed my home' date=' my people" the Dr @ 38:54 of Dalek[/color']

This is pretty conclusive evidence that the Dr did not destroy Galifrey.At least as I see it

Actually I think it sounds like the Dr had to sacrifice Galifrey to destroy the Daleks, if you watch last weeks episode the dr states that he helped destroy them, but he also states that the timelords burned with them.

perhaps the Daleks had conquered Galifrey and in order to win the Dr had to destroy both like you said Neomaster. if that were the situation however ,there should be no guilt on the Drs part for that action .I am leaning towards the early premise that some of you had about the eye of harmony in this situation.

remember that many races were destroyed during this time war not just the Daleks and time lords