Bad Wolf(spoilers ep 6)

coolcat13

Well I've been through the book with a fine tooth comb to see if I can find anything else....

The book contains the new villians, and the majority of old 'well known' bad guys - the cybermen, daleks, sontarians, yeti, master, etc. and one not so well known bad guy (well in my eyes anyway)....

Fenric ;)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Cybermen...

I would really love to see what the 2005 version of "The Cybermen" would look like, in the post Borg, post Robocop world in which we live.. it would be intriguing to see what the new series' take sould be on my favourite baddies.

But as for Bad Wolf... Apparently the "reference" in episode one is the nestine counsciousness. As the Tardis is revealed, and the doctor begins to protest the accusations the counsciousness is levelling... the blob can be seen to move it's mouth in the shape of "Bad Wolf"... sortof. It's pretty vague, but it DOES sound like somewhere in the audio track, a voice is whispering "Bad Wolf" at that moment.

But that "TARDIS" clue aside... what about Rose herself? She does seem to have a bit of a bad streak just beneath the surface, waiting to come out.. and the doctor sure does look more surly and more dissolusioned with her as each episode comes along...

but I also have been wondering about the creeping problems in the timeline.. in "The Unquiet Dead", he's missed the date by a bit. In "Aliens of london" he's missed the target date by a year. (and curiously doesn't even attempt to go back and recalibrate and jump back one year to "undo".). He's pulled off course in Dalek.. and would seem to be 30 years-ish off from the transmission of the signal. in "the long game", he's totally incorrect about the state of earth's technology, etc. SOMEONE is "mucking about" out there.

Yet in "Father's day" he can call up the day and the hour with ease, not once.. but twice.

Back to "Bad Wolf"... we've seen one "little pig" that I'm aware of... in Aliens of London. Also, apparently rose was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt.

If "Bad Wolf" ends up being the master disguised as her grandmother... I'm gonna be sick.

Something I noticed in this weeks episode, it could just be me or did the Grafitti on the poster just suddenly appear. At first there seemed to be 2 identical posters and as the Doctor and Rose moved past, the writing just appearred to fade in.

If I'm correct, then whoever came up with the theory that the Doctor was Bad Wolf (tinpusher I think), was right and I'm really starting to buy into your theory. It does make sense in a way - didn't Fenric consider the Doctor one of his wolves (pawns in the game) in 'The Curse of Fenric'? (I still get my Fenric theory in tho - lol)

any back to the weekly update, the Bad Wolf scorecard then.

Ep1:Possibly the Nestene Consciousness said the Name as the Docotr arrived. (See post above -will have to check)

Ep2: Alien voice in the background as soft cell is played/Face of Boe introduced. The Mox of Balhoun says it to the Face of Boe

Ep3: Gwenyth mentions to rose that she has seen the big bad wolf

Ep4: Spray painted on the TARDIS

Ep5: Mal Loupe - French for Bad Wolf is the name of the american newsreader/grafitti

Ep6: Bad Wolf 1 is the callsign for a helicopter

Ep7: Bad Wolf TV channel mentions the Face of boe, 4,800,000 years before the setting for ep2.

Ep8: (mysteriously appears) on a poster - covering a smiley face.

Ep 12: Title of Episode (All will be revealed!?)

And we also have the book reference to the Face of Boe.

Something I noticed in this weeks episode' date=' it could just be me or did the Grafitti on the poster just suddenly appear. At first there seemed to be 2 identical posters and as the Doctor and Rose moved past, the writing just appearred to fade in.[/quote']

No unfortunately its there both times...

UPDATE: at 32:31 of 'Rose' as the Doctor runs down the stairs towards the Nestene Consciousness, the creature does sound like it saying 'Wolf' (Creature is not in shot when this happens, just before the Shadow Proclamation speech)

What's everyone elses opinion?

Something I noticed in this weeks episode' date=' it could just be me or did the Grafitti on the poster just suddenly appear. At first there seemed to be 2 identical posters and as the Doctor and Rose moved past, the writing just appearred to fade in.[/quote']

No unfortunately its there both times...

Your're right - there is a third 'energize poster as they come round the corner - looked at the wrong one. Sorry.

UPDATE: at 32:31 of 'Rose' as the Doctor runs down the stairs towards the Nestene Consciousness, the creature does sound like it saying 'Wolf' (Creature is not in shot when this happens, just before the Shadow Proclamation speech)

What's everyone elses opinion?

Absolutely, well done Pella, thats 100% 'Wolf' being said, about as clear as the voice during Soft Cells music but Id stake my life on it. Excellent.

The Doctor may in the end turn out to be Bad Wolf, who knows. There might even be a nice surprise to end the season as were about to get a new Doctor, so Eccleston may not even BE the Doctor, although thats very far fetched theory. Not long to go now, 5 weeks, scary thought, and then itll be Xmas and next year we have to wait, thank goodness for Big Finish.

Something else that crossed my mind yesterday, we havent had a 'purely alien world' story (that is set away from Earth) since 'The Greatest Show in the Galaxy' (1988) every story onward has been in or around Earth whether it be past present or future. I know we went to the Cheetah Planet in Survival but it was mostly set on Earth. I wonder when well get to see the Doctor going to new worlds again. I do like to see the story set on earth, as Jon Pertwee said "its always been more exciting when the threat comes to earth!" but I would like to see something new and alien.

Well I was just watching the Rose episode again.. and I'm not convinced. I guess it could be a high pitched bad wolf, he could be mouthing bad wolf too.. but the others have been clear and simple to see, so I'm not convinced. I think it started from episode two when she met the face of boe.... ;)

Also the reporter in episode 5 may be called Mal Loupe on the BBC Dr Who website (in one of the real player movies I think) but in the programme she isnt named and doesnt get a name on the trailers either only being listed as reporter... (Other 'secret' bbc dr who websites also have bad wolf references...)

Additionally in "Rose" at about 26:50

Does that graffiti drawing on the wall behind the tardis look like a stylized wolf to anyone else? - you must see it about 3 times in total.

Of course, I could just be seeing a wolf because that's what i want to see.

I'm looking forward not only to ep 12, but to the confidential following that. I expect they'll show us all the "bad wolf" insets including the ones we've missed.

P.S. I agree that the nestene consciousness says "bad wolf" - not only because i'm looking for it but from the Doctor's reaction.

"That's just not true. I should know, I was there"

"I fought in the war, It wasn't my fault"

"I couldn't save your world, I couldn't save any of them"

The fact is, the Tardis' supposed "disguise" is extremely distinctive anywhere else in the universe but 1960s London. The nestene not only recognised the Tardis, but associated it with the destruction of its home world in the war.

did anyone spot this:

http://www.geocomtex.net/support.shtml

it is in Morse code on that site... (though it is supposed to be pins-settings of something)

also these strange things:

During the episode The Long Game, one mention of Bad Wolf was with the announcement of a Pregnant Face of Boe... right?

Look at these two screens:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/photostories/07floor139/18.shtml

and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episodes/photostories/07floor139/17.shtml

notice the difference?

BoeWatch? Never seen that in the episode...

The Doctor may in the end turn out to be Bad Wolf' date=' who knows. There might even be a nice surprise to end the season as were about to get a new Doctor, so Eccleston may not even BE the Doctor, although thats very far fetched theory. Not long to go now, 5 weeks, scary thought, and then itll be Xmas and next year we have to wait, thank goodness for Big Finish.[/quote']

You might be on to something.. because if you think about it, The Doctor is quite useless...

He doesn't save the world everytime, it is someone else who does that... or perhaps it is just the moral of the whole series, that you need someone else to help you with your problems.

In Rose, basically Rose saves the Doctor from the Nestene.

In TEOTW, the Doctor needed the help from Jabe

In TUD, the servant girl saves the world.

In AOL/WW3, the world was saved by Mickey (and the Doctor and Rose survived with help from that MP)

In Dalek, Rose actually saved the Doctor from making a big mistake (becoming like the Dalek, a bloodthirsty killer)

And in TLG, the alien was killed by Cathica (by turning up the heat).

and now in FD, it is Rose's dad Pete that saves the day.

*edit* although (and someone pointed this out to me), the doctor had already figured out what the easiest cause of action was (Daddy Pete said so, when he decided to 'kill himself')*/edit*

but then again, I could be a very paranoid little b*stard ;)

I have not tried to loose too much sleep over this, but some interesting, if not crazy ideas poped up.

Bad Wolf has something to do with the Master. It was hinted that the Master, if he returned, would be one of the better returns.

Something the Doctor or the Tardis is carrying. Just a thought because of the phrase "Wolf in sheeps clothing" which is what I think of when I see the phrase Bad Wolf.

Could be the way Rose and the Doctor relationship works out. like Red Riding hood. I will have to check to see if Rose wears something red all the time.

or maybe something more beign.

I have not tried to loose too much sleep over this, but some interesting, if not crazy ideas poped up.

Bad Wolf has something to do with the Master. It was hinted that the Master, if he returned, would be one of the better returns.

Something the Doctor or the Tardis is carrying. Just a thought because of the phrase "Wolf in sheeps clothing" which is what I think of when I see the phrase Bad Wolf.

Could be the way Rose and the Doctor relationship works out. like Red Riding hood. I will have to check to see if Rose wears something red all the time.

or maybe something more beign.

If I understand correctly from the interviews I've seen with the Confidential series, it was said that the Master will not return this season.

but that could indeed have been a ruse ;)