Bad Wolf(spoilers ep 6)

coolcat13

Oh blimey, 5 mins into episode 7 and 'The Face Of Boe on The Bad Wolf Channel' can it be any more un-subtle :)

Pretty standard Who story tonight I thought. Alright but nothing fantastic. Best bit was the last 5 mins when Adam was 'dumped', hehe didnt like him at all. Mind you I did like the 'vomit-o-matic' Wouldnt mind one of those myself.

Typical RTD, long useless names that well never remember in a hurry, just like the looong planet name where the Slitheen came from, why cant he come up with something shorter and more memorable. :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical RTD' date=' long useless names that well never remember in a hurry, just like the looong planet name where the Slitheen came from, why cant he come up with something shorter and more memorable. :)[/quote']

Yes.. and he was just laughing about the same thing on the Dr Who Confidential.. :stare:

An ok episode..... :D and yes very open Bad Wolf comment..

Typical RTD' date=' long useless names that well never remember in a hurry, just like the looong planet name where the Slitheen came from, why cant he come up with something shorter and more memorable. :)[/quote']

Yes.. and he was just laughing about the same thing on the Dr Who Confidential.. :stare:

An ok episode..... :D and yes very open Bad Wolf comment..

This where the new Doctor who series falls down for me, RTD's humour is a little too silly for me. With unpronoucable names, man eating wheelie bins etc. It reminds be of the old days of which haunted Sylvester McCoy. You know when then the monster of the week was a caretaker that looked like Hitler, or a giant Bertie Basset and someone ran around shouting 'Ace' and 'Wicked' all of the time.

You know when then the monster of the week was a caretaker that looked like Hitler' date=' or a giant Bertie Basset and someone ran around shouting 'Ace' and 'Wicked' all of the time.[/quote']

What rather than running around shouting 'Fantastic' every episode... :p

But I agree completely, some of the humour and the extended names etc is unnecessary ... 'This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six'... :thinking:

Yes perhaps 20 years ago those silly sounding futuristic names etc may have sounded futuristic but now theyre just plain silly. Again I think hes playing mainly for the kids but hed be stupid not to listen to the classic fans. Shorter more memorable names would be easier on the mind and more enjoyable.

Thinking back to when I was about 10-11 I wonder how Scaroth Of Jagaroth would have sounded to an adult then, was it silly and long or just enough of a mouthful to remember. Even Douglas Adams' 'Zaphod Beeblebrox' is a bit of a tongue twister but enough syllables to remember nicely.

Oh and before I forget, this Face of Boe/Bad Wolf thing. If last nights episode was set around Earth in the year 200,000 and Boe is expecting kids and he/she/it was also in 'The End of The World' which was set around earth in the year 5 billion (quite a jump) leads me to think either its a very long descendant of Boe or Boe lives a helluva long time or in fact Boe is also a Time Traveller. Now thats twice that Boe and Bad Wolf have been connected directly. Could Boe be Bad Wolf? My moneys definitely on Boe having something to do with it. I did hear hed make another appearance this season, just not sure if last nights tv news cameo was it.

Oh and before I forget' date=' this Face of Boe/Bad Wolf thing. If last nights episode was set around Earth in the year 200,000 and Boe is expecting kids and he/she/it was also in 'The End of The World' which was set around earth in the year 5 billion (quite a jump) leads me to think either its a very long descendant of Boe or Boe lives a helluva long time or in fact Boe is also a Time Traveller. Now thats twice that Boe and Bad Wolf have been connected directly. Could Boe be Bad Wolf? My moneys definitely on Boe having something to do with it. I did hear hed make another appearance this season, just not sure if last nights tv news cameo was it.[/quote']

I think you're right. i didn't even think of the time difference between the two episodes. An alternative explanation tho, could be that all of the race the called 'the face of Boe' and the one we saw in the 2nd episode was a decendant of the one in last nights episode, I think this unlikely. Either Boe is part of 'bad Wolf' or the Beeb has made a continuity error

Bad Wolf scorecard then.

Ep2: Alien voice in the background as soft cell is played/Face of Boe introduced

Ep3: Gwenyth mentions to rose that she has seen the big bad wolf

Ep4: Spray painted on the TARDIS

Ep5: Mal Loupe - French for Bad Wolf is the name of the american newsreader/grafitti

Ep6: Bad Wolf 1 is the callsign for a helicopter

Ep7: Bad Wolf TV channel mentions the Face of boe, 4,800,000 years before the setting for ep2.

I thinks its time to go back to episode one - or have I missed this one as well?

Still doesn't appear to be a pattern - just random references apart from Ep7, but that could be a classic red herring.

Yes Steven, there were those 2 references, Moxx talking to Boe then the very subtle but definitely BIG BAD WOLF voice during the music .

The voice is very low pitch, slightly deeper than Moxx's but just as the camera turns to Rose as shes about to flip out and leave the room, youll hear it, turn those speakers up :)

Ive still to find a reference on episode 1, Ill have to have another look myself.

Interesting. Everyone's talking about red riding hood, but I normally associate the big bad wolf with the three little pigs.

Maybe the straw house was skaro (destroyed)

Maybe the stick house was gallifrey (Destroyed - maybe after a dalek invasion???)

So where's the brick house? The immovable object? and how do we get the tardis down a chimney? Is it actually outside of Timespace? (somewhere both the daleks and timelords could hide without necessarily being detectable) And if this is true, who is the third little pig who occupies the brick house? Rassilon? Omega? White Guardian? Face of Boe?

That would leave all the "big bad wolf" references as "clues" left by somebody directly in the doctor's personal timeline to help him put the pieces together. (a bit like the Hansel and Gretal book in I, Robot)

Just thinking off the top of my head.

I just really watched the opening titles of Dr. Who, and there is a bit that puzzles me... at first you see that warp thingy, in which the TARDIS 'flies', and it is blue, then the camera spins around the TARDIS (Matrix-style?) and the time warp is firey red... after which the names of CE and BP appear and of course the logo of DW.

Not sure why that is. perhaps another hint of something going haywire?

Also, last episode was not the first time, that the doctor was off...

In TUD, he was off by a few years and the location. (could have been a malfunction of the TARDIS, could be something different)

And now in TLG the doctor's complete history was off.

Just go the new Doctor Who book Monsters and Villains (not out until Monday officially).... anyway theres a interesting entry for the face of boe...

Edited version..

It is said that the Face of Boe has lived forever. Certainly, there is evidence that he was present when the stars of Andromeda were still nothing but dust. And his presence, billions of years later, at the End of the Earth, is on public record.

He has borne children; But all six lived a natural life span of forty years and no more. The Face of Boe watched his children die, and stayed watching while the world forgot they had even existed.

Legend has it that if the Face of Boe should die one day, then the sky will crack asunder. And it is said that he holds one, final secret; that he will speak this secret, with his final breath, to one person and one person alone. A homeless, wandering traveller.....

mmmm interesting... ;)

hence the.. ;)

10 mins into the new episode when rose and the doc go back again check out the energise party poster.. Bad Wolf again.. ;)

Yup - just re-ran the tape - both times you see the poster, Bad Wolf has been graffiti'd over it.

I think this tells us a lot. Twice (at least) in the past the "Bad Wolf" has been associated with the Face of Boe. Now we see "Bad wolf scrawled over a poster of what? - A FACE!

Curiouser and curiouser