Bad Wolf(spoilers ep 6)

coolcat13

if they did bring the master back' date=' How would they keep the casting secret? It would be one of the best roles to get, next to the Doctor.[/quote']

It could be done:

A non disclosure agreement from the actor.

The actor deliberately left off the cast lists.

Calling the character a different name as an alias (e.g. 'Commander' was an alias for the Cyberleader in Earthshock so as not to spoil the surprise that the Cybermen were back. He was even listed as 'Commander' in the Radio Times).

And finally the even more unlikely. Putting the actor's name on the cast list as anagram - who'd think of that (hmmmm why does Neil Toynnay from Castrovalva spring to mind :p)!

Seriously tho, there was a rumour that David Jason ('Only Fools and Horses/A touch Of Frost) was going to play the Master. i hope that one's not true. Excellent actor, but I can't quite see it.

Unless RTD lied in the confidential interview, however, we're not going to see the Master this season, maybe next year.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm glad I stumbled onto this topic.

I'd been obsessing over the Bad Wolf thing, too, including the references on the website. I hadn't caught the multiple references surrounding the Face of Boe, but had caught multiple references around the media (news channel, reporter, Badwolf roll-over on a TV screen on the website), and multiple graffiti sightings.

Initially, I'd thought it was a Wolves of Fenric thing. Then I decided that Bad Wolf was a grass roots movement that sprung up from Clive's website. Now? Well, y'all have confused me much, much more than before.

Thanks. :D

If I understand correctly from the interviews I've seen with the Confidential series, it was said that the Master will not return this season.

but that could indeed have been a ruse ;)

That's the second person I've seen say that. What's the reference? Where's this said?

I think it was the one after ep7, RTD says something like it would take a better writer/director than himself to do justice to bringing the Master back.

ok two quick points

The fact that the master angle is bieng played down so much by RTD has me suspicious that he will indeed be back and maybe in BoomTown

but here is the real mystery ....

possiable spoiler of bad wolf.........

The Dr says something extremely interesting which I think gives us huge insight into the whole Time War

during Fathers Day he mentions that his people died and now he was going to die "the same way"

so is this reference saying that the Drs race died because of some chronological disaster brought on by the time war ??

and you all thought I had the answer lol just one more question instead ;)

His exact words were...

'There used to be laws stopping this kind of thing happening.

My people would have stopped this, but they're all gone... and now I'm going the same way.'

I dunno I don't think he's implying thats how they died.. just that he's going to be gone the same as they are...

His exact words were...

'There used to be laws stopping this kind of thing happening.

My people would have stopped this, but they're all gone... and now I'm going the same way.'

I dunno I don't think he's implying thats how they died.. just that he's going to be gone the same as they are...

I think it had more to do with the episode rather than a bad wolf notion...

Because when he said it, he didn't know a solution, given that nothing could stop the monsters, and he didn't want to sacrifice Rose's dad.

It was only after that that they found the burning TARDIS key, and he set out to regenerate the TARDIS...

btw, the Doctor did die in that episode...

Yes and if the Doctor died and was brought back to life due to Rose's dad making things right then perhaps the Doctor will do the same and try to 'do whats right' for his people. But surely if he does alter time to rescue the Time Lords then the Daleks (and whoever else in the Time War) will be affected. Maybe thats why he hasnt done it.

Phew, I wonder how interesting or exciting the new series would be without all this Bad Wolf stuff which has got us gagging for more, surely has to go down in TV history as one of the best build-ups ever. Oh and its not just here, EVERY possible Dr Who forum are talking about the exact same things...Bad Wolf/Time War! Fantastic!

Yes and if the Doctor died and was brought back to life due to Rose's dad making things right then perhaps the Doctor will do the same and try to 'do whats right' for his people. But surely if he does alter time to rescue the Time Lords then the Daleks (and whoever else in the Time War) will be affected. Maybe thats why he hasnt done it.

I don't think the Doctor knows what happened in this episode...

timeline got shifted, remember suddenly the TARDIS was in a different spot (more near the church)...

and he said the same line, as he said before "Go to him, quick".

Actually I think only the viewers know what happened, and perhaps Pete.

mind you, this is just my interpretation ;)

The whole Bad Wolf vibe is really making my head spin with all the possibles, there are so many different ideas it's just truly excellent. That and how it can promote such discussion, great discussion too is one of the reasons I am really starting to like Nite's site in all shapes and forms.

I would really like to see the Bad Wolf stuff be related to Fenric in some small way, but I am not sure if they're going to go down that route of course. I do think though, the same as Pella, that the whole Bad Wolf thing is a nickname to do with the Dr, and the Time War.

But I suppose, only time will tell.

I sound familiar in what way? :)

Well, Fenric is based on Fenris the norse wolf that devours the world at the beginning of Ragnarok. So there's the connection to my nickname right away, one of them.

I suppose I could always have registered as Bad Wolf lol!

Woah, you're right Coolcat. I missed that one!

tinpusher, yeah, there seems to be something going on. And even if it's just fans doing it - it's now part of the whole Bad Wolf phenomenon and gaining steam.

But this bad-wolf.co.uk pointing to the Dr. Who site, do we know who's got hold of that one. If it's the BBC then that's going to be even more fuel to the whole Bad Wolf theme.

Is it the Dr.

Or is it Mickey in a future episode and that site?

Argh...brain explodey!

by the way any one else catch the name of the dept store that blew up in Rose ??

Benric's

yet another thing to think about .

that diziness seems to be contagious

Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm for this one but the store is called 'Henrik's' which, if I know my UK department stores well, is an amalgamation of Harrods and Fenwick's!

Would have been cool if he just called it Fenwicks or something as a teaser! :)

Harrods

Fenwick