Star Wars 3

I just saw the movie in theatres and thought it was awsome... Glad I didn't download it, actually. Anywho, I loved a lot of the acting in this, minus Portman.

At the beginning some of the droid humor type stuff was annoying, but that stopped bugging me fairly quickly. It was great in the way I didn't catch anything that contradicts Episodes IV-VI... I was worried about that, always am with prequels.

It felt a bit rushed, but it is hard to blame anyone for that seeing as there couldn't really be another episode inbetween II and IV. To get rid of that issue a bit, they could have left a little more to the imagination. My reasoning for saying this is that there doesn't really seem to be anything referenced to in eps IV-VI that haven't happened yet, and there is a 16 year or so pause between the two. On the other hand seeing it all was really fun. So I guess I just can't make up my mind on that.

I also wanted to add that I love the way they are starting to adjust starship design toward the orig. trilogy. Well done....

Except the Death Star. I didn't expect to see that already under construction, seeing as when they rebuild it after it is destroyed in episode IV, it doesn't take much time, and again, they now have like 16 years until this one is complete. It just adds to my feelings that other than people growing up (Luke, Leah), not much happens for a very long time.

Oh well, still a wonderful movie!

:D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anakins fall doesnt make sense.

Action was cool, obi-wan and yoda was cool. The end part on the lava planet where he loses his temper was cool. But the parts where he tells windu about the emporer, then tries to stop windu killing the emp even though he killed dooku in the same way 20 minutes earlier just does not make sense. And like everyone else seems to have noticed, why does a name change suddenly mean he is going to go murder children? IMHO having that after he was put in the suit would have been much cooler and made more sense as he would have had the padme situation to make him really evil.

I dunno i always imagined the jedi being killed off by evull black vader not pretty boy anakin :P

It sucked master scrota.

I'm tired of all the animation. They should have used more REAL models.. it's just more life like and better looking damnit. Notice one of the younglings isn't even human, physically as well as appearance wise! And 99% of the storm troopers are CGI. Wayne Pygram (scorpius) was in the movie, but I don't remember seeing him. Lucas and his daughters were in there too somewhere, but I didn't see them.

There wasn't enough of Vader. Too much filler before the end, where it started to finally get exciting seeing Vader, then poof, the end, after 3 minutes of on screen time. I was hoping they would show more of him in action in the suit and fill the gaps between the time part 4 started. It was better than the last 2, but not by much.

This should have been a 6 hour movie.

I thought it was B-movie grade.

Why?

Because....

- The actor playing Anakin, whatever his name is, sucks. Haydn Christiansen? Whatever. There was only one presence more wooden and that was....

- Natalie Portman is made of oak. None more wooden.

- Yoda the bouncy ball. Ludicrous. Laughable. And beyond credulity.

- Everyone knows what the secret code for 'kill all the Jedi' is, but no-one EVER lets on & the Jedi, mind powers a-go-go, are unaware. Plot hole I could drive a Mack truck through.

- James Earl Jones - the most bored voice artist ever.

- Jar Jar Binks got three seconds of screen time. take a hint Lucas, when people start releasing their edits of Ep 1 without your probably racist stereotype character in there, it's a clue that the character SUCKS.

- Three of the arresting party are lame-ass with light sabres. Some guard they are!

OTOH, the FX were good, although knowing it's all CGI lessens the impact. Time was when it would be top modelwork and 'real' stuff kicking off, now it's all bluescreens and animation. Woo. Yay.

Star Wars (Ep 4) was ACE. Empire was pretty good. Jedi was Darth Vader vs The Muppets and the last three have all sucked Satan's huge money making pecker. Look, it's George! Suck on this George, I'll give you eleven billion dollars in turnover! SNNAARRFFF! HUURRGGHHH! Thanks George, send in Vanilla Ice on your way out will you? (with apologies to the late great Bill Hicks)

Cheers

S.

I thought it was B-movie grade.

Why?

Because....

- The actor playing Anakin, whatever his name is, sucks. Haydn Christiansen? Whatever. There was only one presence more wooden and that was....

- Natalie Portman is made of oak. None more wooden.

- Yoda the bouncy ball. Ludicrous. Laughable. And beyond credulity.

- Everyone knows what the secret code for 'kill all the Jedi' is, but no-one EVER lets on & the Jedi, mind powers a-go-go, are unaware. Plot hole I could drive a Mack truck through.

- James Earl Jones - the most bored voice artist ever.

- Jar Jar Binks got three seconds of screen time. take a hint Lucas, when people start releasing their edits of Ep 1 without your probably racist stereotype character in there, it's a clue that the character SUCKS.

- Three of the arresting party are lame-ass with light sabres. Some guard they are!

OTOH, the FX were good, although knowing it's all CGI lessens the impact. Time was when it would be top modelwork and 'real' stuff kicking off, now it's all bluescreens and animation. Woo. Yay.

Star Wars (Ep 4) was ACE. Empire was pretty good. Jedi was Darth Vader vs The Muppets and the last three have all sucked Satan's huge money making pecker. Look, it's George! Suck on this George, I'll give you eleven billion dollars in turnover! SNNAARRFFF! HUURRGGHHH! Thanks George, send in Vanilla Ice on your way out will you? (with apologies to the late great Bill Hicks)

Cheers

S.

so, you ...........didnt like it?

THEN WHY DID YOU GO SEE IT AFTER THE MOST RECENT TWO WERE WORSE YOU LOONY!

jesus, why dont you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick, start a topic and then slag yourself off for being an a s s h o l e?

but wait, slap on some fake blood and then complain about the bad make up and arrive at hospital with your eye hangin out and complain the special effects arent like they were in the old days when jason and the argonaughts were animation news.

are you just bein sensational or are you unhappy unless you got something to complain about.

so.....was that a definite NO or did you like some bits?

Action was cool, obi-wan and yoda was cool. The end part on the lava planet where he loses his temper was cool. But the parts where he tells windu about the emporer, then tries to stop windu killing the emp even though he killed dooku in the same way 20 minutes earlier just does not make sense. And like everyone else seems to have noticed, why does a name change suddenly mean he is going to go murder children? IMHO having that after he was put in the suit would have been much cooler and made more sense as he would have had the padme situation to make him really evil.

I dunno i always imagined the jedi being killed off by evull black vader not pretty boy anakin :P

I noticed the same thing and found it strange he cutt off the head of Doku but when the Most EVIL person in the universe is under the sord of Master windu, Anakin has to defend him. However Lucas tries to pull that sudden 180 turn by portraying his wish for saving padme.

But the thing that really spooked me was killing all the young jedi's. I think that Dath sedius should have gone to the temple himself and done that. and Anakin should have turned super evil after the battle with Obi Wan. That would have made more sense.

I noticed the same thing and found it strange he cutt off the head of Doku but when the Most EVIL person in the universe is under the sord of Master windu, Anakin has to defend him. However Lucas tries to pull that sudden 180 turn by portraying his wish for saving padme.

But the thing that really spooked me was killing all the young jedi's. I think that Dath sedius should have gone to the temple himself and done that. and Anakin should have turned super evil after the battle with Obi Wan. That would have made more sense.

what do you propose he does to prove his super evilness?

.............rob a bank?

killing kids is about as evil as it gets. sidious killing em would make little sense at all.

it all shows quite cleverly how fear is a path to the darkside.

anakin was so scared he would lose padme that he did a whole load of bad shit in an attempt to save her and wound up making the premonition he had about her death occur by his actions.

plus if he didnt do all that evil stuff there would be no reason for padmeand obi wan to chase him. your reasoning is flawed

C-

A possible review to follow.. if I feel like I care enough. Sadly.. the best thing about this movie for me, was the preview for "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe". In contrast, I HIGHLY recommend "Lego Star Wars" the game.. which is actually on the tracker. Get it, build it, play it, live it.

They're starting with 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe'? Either they're going by time written, they don't intend to do the whole series, or they're not going to bother with 'The Magician's Nephew'...

Pity, I really liked that one ^^

yeh it'll be good to see it get the big screen treatment, have been a little disappointed with tv adaptions in the past.

i have to say though tltwtw wasnt my favourite. the horse and his boy and prince caspian were great.

the horse and his boy was wonderful adventure that really captures my imagination more than lion did.

running around with swords and bein kings and queens is all very well for some i much prefer the idea of gettin on a talkin horse in the middle of the night to escape my evil uncle and leggin it across the desert to meet a proper nice chic on another talkin horse.

none of your majesty this and majesty that palarva just an adventure. cooool :D