Favorite Sci Fi Villian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one that immediately popped in my head was Jack Nicholson's Joker. Not one that terrified me, rather he was just great to watch.

Of course Vader ranks up there...but for some reason I didn't think of him until he was mentioned.

And yes, Maximillian and the rest of the crew on that ship from black hole were probably the quintasential villians that I feered and still have great memories of.

Besides being instantlly recognizable, I don't really see any qualities that make Darth Vader a real contender for one of the greatest sci fi villians. really. Like did he develop ingenious plans? No, Emperor Palpitine did. Did he have a black cape, and a samuari-esque helmet, and look and sound cool? Yeah, he did. Did he posess superior skills? Maybe he did in Episode I and II as Aniken Skywalker, but he got pwned by Obi Wan in Ep 3, Luke and co. escaped him, and the Death Star got destroyed, despite him PERSONALLY defending it against Luke in ep 4, he failed to crush the rebels, failed to convert his own son to the dark side, on I believe 3 seperate occasions in ep 5, in jedi, his entire army was wiped out by Ewoks, a hand full of rebels, and Admaral "Its a trap" Akbar, The Death Star MK II is destroyed, he loses yet another lightsaber battle, fails again to convert his son and betrays yet another master.

I don't know if it's just me, but Darth Vader has a track record of failures, defeats, and embarassing moments that can only be compaired to the the ultimate loser. Thats right, Vader is nothing but a black caped COBRA COMMANDER. And we all know how Cobra Commander's track record is....

//Activates multi phasic, Force Enhanced, adaptive armor plating to defend against incomming flames.

Q

Although he's he's an interesting combination of villain and teacher ... I don't think Picard ever appreciated how useful their relationship was!

i duuno. i think picard would never admit how useful the relationship was but did on occasion re-evaluate his ideas due to Q input.

best villain: the emperor. not just evil but manipulative and cunning. more plans than a city planning office and fun to watch. the kinda villain i'd like to be

• 1 month later...
How could I forget Bester' date=' argh, shame on me! There was also Morden, who was quite creepy too.[/quote']

I am surprised it took this long for someone to remember Bester. Yes! SHAME ON YOU ALL!!! :D

Honestly, Bester was one of those people who was so ruthless and manipulative... and HE GOT AWAY with EVERYTHING he did... especially that mindf**k he did to poor Garibaldi.

Now my all time FAVORITE villain(ess) has GOT to be Servalan from Blake's 7... She was the most campy evil bitchgoddess you could possibly want in a TV show! :)

The Master (Anthony Ainley Incarnation)

Excellent and enjoyable, the evil villain I grew up with as a child, he was best in "Survival" IMO, and played off Mccoy extremely well.

He simply was the devil incarnate to me!!!!