What would be the best new idea for new Star Trek Series?

daffydk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever new Series they come up with, not only do they have to come up with unique story(s) but also with some good actors.

TOS had William shatner (kirk) and Nimoy (spock). TNG had picard, Q, Data, guinan (woopie goldberg), etc. Everyone of these have had their own successful careers and can act very well.

The Xindi-arc season of enterprise was very entertaining, and better than a lot of Voyager or DS9 seasons. (IMO) What we need is a grand mission as a constant background theme, but with room for side stories. This is a tested and enjoyable platform (ala Voyager) But it needs to have freedom for the writers.

How’s this for a show plot:

The threat: Klingon home world vanishes, same thing happens to the Romulans. Earth could be next, or maybe Volcan, but one thing is for sure, it could happen to everybody and everything eventually, as “it†sucks in the entire Alpha Quadrant. It turns out that this threat originates in another reality, but no one knows why or how.

The hook: Discovery of an alien ship capable of slipping into parallel universes. Starfleet would retrofit this ship with all the regular “Trek Techâ€ÂÂ. This would be a new parallel universe, but also the “bad twin†universe visited by Kirk, and most of his predecessors, and other realities like Species 8472, Tarok Noir, Sphere Builders, etc) This ship can only transit a limited number of times, and the destination is only partly controllable. (Quantum leap, Sliders, Stargate, etc)

The crew: All the Alpha quadrant Races insist on sending representatives, but none of them like each other, or want to work together, and each have thar own agenda. The Federation has the device/ship, so they get to pick the captain. Add in a new race on the bridge crew, but mainly the established trek races. Any stars or bit actors from the other Trek series who don’t have jobs right now can join in as well, or make guest Appearances as their “Parallel selvesâ€ÂÂ

Development: The Ship can move back and forth between the “known Trek universe†and the “Unknown Universe†as they search for clues to the missing planets and who/what took them. The ship is outfitted with a warp capable sub ship that can go on different missions, or work in tandem during battles, to give writers more freedom than just a "solo ship". At home in “normal space†the Federation starts to dissolve as other races like the Ferangi lose their home worlds and panic. War is eminent, help is limited, the crews loyalties divided. Can they trust each other enough to work together against an unknown enemy? Will the Human captain be able to rally the crew to His/Her Banner and earn their respect? Which one is the traitor/saboteur?

This way there is no need to work within existing limited Trek framework (like Enterprise) while still able to draw on all the great Trek lore/tech/races/actors/history.

Just as long as we get grand adventure with all the goodies like: exploration, intrigue, space battles, fistfights, low cut/skintight outfits, aliens, tech toys, etc…

-=c0g=-

Personaly I think that Enterprise needs a brake.

You got your wish.........

The problem is that in getting your wish, we now won't have Star Trek for at least 3 years.

.......Good going.

:mad:

dude you make it sound like its markusses fault. shame on you :thinking:, but if it is and ur planning a lynch mob i got some spare rope in the back. ;)

dude you make it sound like its markusses fault. shame on you :thinking:, but if it is and ur planning a lynch mob i got some spare rope in the back. ;)

Guys like him created a website called "Enterprise Must Die" or something similar.

......Who's to say Paramount wasn't aware that website existed?

:stare:

Hell, for that matter, do we really know who reads this board??

:o

Talking about a possibel decent new trek, it can't have limitations on what stories that can be used, which rules out the following

Star Fleet command - after 2 seasons stories would be a struggle

DS10 - Already been done with DS9 and Voyager

29th century temp war - Think we had enough of this with enterprise, again could be limiting

What ever they come up with they need the freedom to do what they want and not having trek lore restricting them to much.

But the best idea is to give it a break for afew years and let it come back in style like TNG did back in the 90's

I think that a series set after TNG-DS9-VOY era would be cool. New ground to explore and we could have lots of cross overs with crews from DS9-VOY-TNG ect.. Am I talking about Star Trek: Titan?? Dunno but I would definatley watch.. less its on UPN which I don't get... LOL!

Or better still having a series where its not just about the one crew i.e all three together with each crew having its own episodes etc ect

I think something absolutely inovative would be cool, like 30th century star fleet, or perhaps even further. I think if Gene would still be around, and if he would be creating startrek now, he would probably do something like that, since were already in the 21st century, and are beginning to catch up with star trek (really really early on), technoloy wise, for example, "the VSS Enterprise," (I assume you've all heard about that?). To re-think the whole concept. Give it a new edge for a new generation.