2005 best sci fi show

Ulysses

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr who is out there by far' date=' if it was a two horse race , say Dr who and Star trek and the Trek's were in front I would simply "Reverse the Polarity" !! :D[/quote']

lmao you got to be kidding, 2005's enterprise sucked when you compare it with BSG, yeah its a two horse race....but between Dr Who and BSG, Star trek enterprise is more like a donkey lmao

Enterprise was a great show, but the rubbish that was the season, and series finale brought it down by far. I think that the best one was stargate, SG-1 being the best, closely followed by Atlantis. There were some great stylines in stargate this year.

Oh Crap, this must be the hardest Poll ever :p

I watched all of the mentioned Scifi series, and I really can't decide. Except voor Enterprise, because the end of the series sucked... BSG has some amazing and involving story and SG-1 and Atlantis are just so darn funny :D

So is Dr Who btw, but it just sucks that there are only 13 episodes in a season. I think it's not enough to build an overall story in the season, which is what I like in a Scifi. So I don't know yet, maybe the last episode of Dr Who makes the balance shift in his favour. :)

BSG, it's a great sci-fi show no bad eps in the first season. It has good characters, good story's and good SFX. I can't wait for the second season. Next are SG1 and Atlantis.

Enterprise wasn't much good and I never seen Doctor Who

My first choice is Battlestar Galactica. It has all the elements of a great series. Alien spys / sabetures onboard, Imaginartu friends, space battles, a no nonsence captian, a genious, yadda yadda yadda. Can't wait for season 2.

The Good Doctor, of course comes in at a VERY close second.

Oh Crap, this must be the hardest Poll ever :p

I watched all of the mentioned Scifi series, and I really can't decide. Except voor Enterprise, because the end of the series sucked... BSG has some amazing and involving story and SG-1 and Atlantis are just so darn funny :D

So is Dr Who btw, but it just sucks that there are only 13 episodes in a season. I think it's not enough to build an overall story in the season, which is what I like in a Scifi. So I don't know yet, maybe the last episode of Dr Who makes the balance shift in his favour. :)

A typical British TV series always has run for thirteen episodes (look at blake 7 as they had 13 eps as well). bearing in mind the dr is will be back in 6 months time as well. Battlestar Galactica also ran for 13 episodes as well.

so in my view there is enough build up, i rather have 13 epoisodes that are well written and made (like BSG and Dr Who) with mostly great episodes, than have a 24/26 eposiode season which has bearly 5 good episodes and the rest just mediocore (sounds familarly to enterprise)

I would have voted for enterprise, but it looses standing for being cancelled :P so I had to vote for BSG it rocks.

next is stargate atlantis, then dr who

btw I have only seen the first 4 episodes of dr who so far

They may be increasing the number of Dr Who episodes in either 06 or 07 so I hear . you know how rumors go .I would like more Dr Who eps but the thirteen that they put out there were definitely best of the sci fi world this century .In my very humble opinion of course

K ill do a quick ranking as well

1-Dr Who

2 SG 1

3 the new BSG

4 Enterprise

5 SG Atlantis

thats if you only include hardcore sci fi

Smallville and The Dead Zone would rank 2nd and 3rd respectively if I added all shows that I have seen in 05

Well, I'm a Star Trek fan and I would lie no matter what I was watching, but SG-1 is a close second. The only drawback there is that the whole Daniel Jackson thing had me confused, I know what was going on but it was very distracting/detracting from some of the stories.