Same-sex marriage should be legalized

theaveng

I think alot in the US has to do with the fact that our money proclaims, and government is based on, "In God We Trust" , and it's hard to go for decades saying that then all of a sudden say..."But even though God said this in the Bible, we're going to say it's O'kay..."

At this point, I'm not gong to add my own personal opinions, just that observation above. Are we one day going to take God off the money? Even though God and money don't neccessarily mix, I wouldn't think anyone would vote on/be responsible for removing that statement from our currency. I'm glad it's there, it's one of the few things holding us together here I think.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have anything against gay/lesbian marriages. If 2 people love each other , the most important thing is to be happy. Of course marriage also solves the tax problem , last will issue and being acknowledge as a partner.

In my country people still think that gay's are the children of satan and if they look at you 'You shall die BUAHAHA' . That's quiet common here.

All gay and lesbians couples can come to Canada and get married. Why not get marijuana at the same time? We're trying to get that decriminalized too.

So, are you for or against all that?

c4 B)

it's now legal in england for same sex people to get offically joined together :)

The United Kingdom, old chap.

And yes, religion hijacked marriage. Homosexuals should be as able to use it as a means of land transaction as the next man/woman!

I don't see what the big deal is all about - a couple meets, falls in love, Argue until they hate each other, get married, get divorced, end up getting married again.

It's the western way of life - does it really matter if the couple are same sex/race/religion/whatever.

As long as the couple in question is happy.

Seriously though why should same-sex couples have any less rights than m/f couples?

Come to Canada' date=' where there are no laws and Canada is a joke to other countries. Just look at our crappy military, they can't even bring a new sub home without making a scene. We legalized same-sex marriage and now we're trying to legalize marijuana, cocaine and heroine for "medicinal" purposes. Remember that gay marriage is a fundamental right and that cocaine use is perfectly acceptable in our civilized country. Did I forget to mention that if you are in government you get a free criminal act for every dollar you donate to the House of Commons? Or that if you report a crime you can be punished? Now if you commit the crime, hey, that's ok you know, it's not like you actually wanted to do it. If you speak English in Quebec you can be punished. Remember, speaking English in Quebec is NOT COOL! Having laws is NOT COOL! Gay marriage is a fundamental RIGHT you know, just like our culture of entitlement, pot and organized crime. It's all ok you know! So come to Canada, EH![/quote']

You're makin' Canada sound mighty good to me! And while you're legalizing gay marriage and marijuana, how does polygamy and LSD sound? Seems very related to the issue to me. Can make direct arguments for or against gay marriage based on arguments for polygamy. It certainly wouldn't be more off-topic for a canadian fellow on here to be complaining about his government legalizing marijuana as well as gay marriage than it would be for an american fellow to suggest that a discussion of polygamy, in particular his own right to have a harem, might bring up some important points in the discussion. Also could the tendency of women to abuse power when it is put in thier hands have anything to do with gay marriage becoming legalized? Canada has had a female prime minister, and women in canada do have the vote. I think it is important that we all explore these issues in the context of how they relate to gay marriage.

• 3 weeks later...

i just think that any couple in a loving relationship should be entitled to the same legal treatment as everyone else should they decide to be legally and spiritually bound in matromany

point of interest i've read my Koran and i can't find any guidance on this mater from mohammed. so has anyone got an idea why supposidly islamic states forbid same-sex relationships

Here is a simple answer.

ELIMINATE MARRIAGE!

Right now, marriage is a state sanctioned thing that is done by religious groups. Civil Unions are done when people do not want to be involved in a religious group.

So why have the state sponsor religious groups?

Make it so ALL people get civil unions. Then, if they want a religious ceremony, they can do it with their church, and it mean nothing as far as the law.

That way, everyone wins. Those who want to "protect the sanctity of marriage" can do so, and those who want to bond with the same sex, their dog, their hampster, or their potted majuana plant may also do so.

I don't mind one way or the other I would just like people to stop thinking that as a middle aged bachelor I am homosexual. It is only good in restaurants where service is rapid by the best looking waitresses ;)

What's with the necromancy?

They all deserve to suffer.

Damn biggot. I suppose you think atheists are evil too? :mad:

No, I used to be married. There are three rings given in marriage: the engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffering. When homosexuals get married, I wonder if they'll appreciate the irony of being referred to as a 'gay' couple. This is why there should be a [sarcasm] tag. As far as necromancy, are you asking me if I summon the spirits of the dead?

The necromancy remark wasn't directed at you, else it would have been under the quote part as well.

Notice the original posting date on this topic? Oct 21, 2005. Prior to jhug666's post, the last post was dated Feb 11 2006.

Edit: I just noticed that this particular subforum is inactive enough to have threads with the last post in early February still on the first page. I guess its not so much "thread necromancy" in that case.