into MA??

bones2097

just wanted to know.....

i used to think ppl into scifi where uaslly into martial arts movies too...

as i...

maybe i'm a bit old skool but i'd like to know if theres other like mee!!!

where you ever into MA, or still are???

btw how come i'm not allowed to create a poll (which i wanted todo here), what rank do i have to be??? or is it a glitch in the matirx???

I've always been a fan of Jackie Chan's stuff. And I've got three or four of Bruce Lee's stuff on dvd (fists of fury, enter the dragon, chinese connection etc). They are entertaining but unlike science fiction, I just don't like them enough to go out of my way to find them and download them or watch them on tv.

As for a poll, I made the same error; when you click the button for New Topic, right beside it is a button for New Poll. the default new topic option doesn't include all the stuff to make a poll.

I would say that I am into martial arts, I always try to watch the movies when they are on.

I must admit that I do not actually practice any, although one of these days I will get round to it as I see it a a good form of keep fit. I would have like to have got into practising at an early age as that is always easier but there were no facilities in my youth.

I did once buy a teach yourself karate book, which I kept in my car and read whenever I was in a traffic jam(which was quite often on the M25 - London ringroad).

I too own a few Bruce Lee movies on VHS which I like to watch every now and then.

I love the Kung-Fu stuff in movies, most notably Crouching Tiger. The choreography was amazing and it added a kind of magical feel to it.

I also own a few samurai sword copies as I couldn`t afford the original antiques. I bought one once in France when I was 16 and coming through customs I was called over and asked the usual question "No drugs, food-stuffs or animals" to which I replied no. I didn`t even take into account the sword sticking out of my backpack. Neither did customs notice and through I went. Apparently I should have declared it.

I think it stems from from love of anything from the Orient, I love the art, culture and people. I have lots of Oriental bits and pieces, and I love Bonsai.

I liked the idea that it was defence rather than offense, even though martial comes from Mars - The Bringer Of War...

I actually had a friend called Jack Chan from china, we went on a business trip to Holland and I was conned into singing kareoke in a Chinese restaurant just outside Rotterdam.

I haven`t seen any of the modern movies yet, there seem to be many which now involve some kind of martial art. I`ll get round to them one day.

I don`t think I`ll be reading the book by BorisP that I heard so much about as I visited his website....nuff said. ;)

Anyway after all that I think the answer is still a big YES. :D

As a child I learned martial arts to defend myself against bullies at school. The thing I like about, now as an adult, is the philisophy of the whole excercise. Its not about learning to bash people. I do far less excersise than what I should now Im older, maybe I should get back to it.

The movies themselves, I dont like them to be honest. Dunno, scifi to me is always about opportunity and potential - rather than the here and now. Im excited about the possible futures.

btw how come i'm not allowed to create a poll (which i wanted todo here)' date=' what rank do i have to be??? or is it a glitch in the matirx???[/quote']

afaik, 'ordinary' polls are no longer allowed in Ten Forward. If you wish to create one, you'll have to do it in Mos Eisley. This is a consequence of all the silly polls that were created here a few moths ago....

sorry...

You kiddin i love men beating each other up in tight shorts :p OMG for you girls there's so many hunky guys all i can do is droll. There is a tv show called the ultimate fighter part 3 and this one man Ken Shamrock "worlds most dangerous man" doesnt like the other new coach! I love that when men are jostling around for position and alot of those younger guys are so dreamy imho! GO ULTIMATE FIGHTERS GO you guys are so sexy it's not even funny! XOXOXO

im sorry but that Randy Coutore is hawt id luv to melt icecubes on his chest! Now girls i dont mind telling you this is a real man and the lord god would agree damn sexy he is.......

I've practiced Martial Arts and I can very well tell you from experience that in practice, Martial Arts can help you discipline yourself provided you have a sufficient teacher. The arts are definately nothing to be used for offensive purposes but in self-defense in my oppinion anyways. Of course then again in offensive for the defensive. Lmao loll I'm confusing myself here.

Well the point is, I was calmer and less hostile when I was going to a dojo and working out. It's great exercise and you can learn stuff from people who've been through more than youself :)

I like to watch movies that are mixed, like some of Jackie Chan's stuff, but I quit watching the cheesey ones when I was about 13 or 14. Some of the stuff Jet Li pulls of is fun to watch, and of course, who can forget Bruce Lee, that guy had it down.

I learned brazillian jiu jitsu while I was in the army, and I like to watch the different UFC matches. Nothing as fancy as spinning midair and cutting an engine block in half with your left pinky toe, but it gets the job done. Honestly, though. I would rely on my rifle before I tried to grapple with someone in a home defense situation. Out in the street, it's all about survival if someone attacks you, at that point I have no problem ripping someone's eyes out of their sockets, so I would have little incentive to try for an arm bar.