ENT: Enterprise Canceled

NiteShdw

2.5million viwers maybe low to soem but not to me

and it doesnt qulify as a reason but oh well not much you can doo.

but i have to agree its a stiff competition outthere

thank good at least stargate is still on

at least one scifi show i can watch

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if downloading it instead of watching it has anything to do with it. As for myself i don't get upn so it's the only way so see it as i am sure others have the same problem. Just a thought, could we be killing it ourselves?

:thinking:

I dont believe so. If anything, downloading makes stronger fans. I never watched so much ENT before but when I downloaded them, I am interested more in enterprise than before. Same thing for Voyager, I like voyager much more now.

That means if I were to sit in front of TV someday, instead of other programming, I would probably watch ST voyager/ENT/TNG whatever is on rather than other shows..

Also if you look at the data for New Movies that get released each week. They keep making new records in the box office. How is it possible that 2004 was a record year for hollywood movies even though downloading new movies was at all time high?

IF i had a TV and UPN, I would watch ENT on friday nights regardless of its availability online. I would stil download it later after it showed. But I would not wait hours to download it when I could easily switch to the channel and watch it.

F..., F..., F..., F..., F..., F..., F..., S.... S.... S.....

I just can't BEALIVE IT! The 4th season was going so good! The Volcan arc, that Romulan officer, etc, etc, etc.....now, we will never now why klingos didn't have bonier forheads in TOS, etc, etc, etc. Of course there was odd things in Enterprise, like that Temporal Cold War, the Sulibans, the Xindi - none of us ever heard about it, but ok, Enterprise had to make its own mithology - but cancel the show? WTF?!?!?!?! And I was so happy.......I just came from theater......I went to see "The Grudge"........now my night will sux................................................................................................................. :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Wow.....

And they might as well cancel the UPN network as well, I've never watched anything on it except for Enterprise and Voyager.

Same here. In fact, Enterprise was UPN's highest rated show on Friday nights. They cancelled the show for that exact reason, Star Trek fans don't watch UPN. For Enterprise to really take off, it should have been on a network that people watch. Remember TNG? It was on NBC in the primetime. No wonder it got such great ratings.

While I think it's highly unlikely, I would love to see another network offer to pick up Season 5, maybe Sci-Fi, or FX, or even Spike where TNG is being shown already. I suppose there is still time for a another network to make the offer. Maybe Paramount will drop the price again now that it has already sold the syndication rights. Adding 50 more episodes could bring them a substantial sum from future syndication.

Same here. In fact' date=' Enterprise was UPN's highest rated show on Friday nights. They cancelled the show for that exact reason, Star Trek fans don't watch UPN. For Enterprise to really take off, it should have been on a network that people watch. Remember TNG? It was on NBC in the primetime. No wonder it got such great ratings.[/quote']

Dawn Osteroff's "new vision" for UPN didn't include Enterprise. Based on UPN's website, it looks like they are going to be the new & improved BET Channel.....

While I think it's highly unlikely' date=' I would love to see another network offer to pick up Season 5, maybe Sci-Fi, or FX, or even Spike where TNG is being shown already. I suppose there is still time for a another network to make the offer. Maybe Paramount will drop the price again now that it has already sold the syndication rights. Adding 50 more episodes could bring them a substantial sum from future syndication.[/quote']

Correct. This may not nessesarily mean the end. If it can be transferred to a channer most of us can get, it'll get good ratings & survive.

:thinking:

I don't understand why UPN would cancel a show that they claim isn't getting good ratings (1 mil + viewers on a friday night is damn good) when they put it on friday night.. what the hell are they thinking.. Bah.. i wish some millionaire would start his own tv channel with nothing but star trek.. new series'.. all that good stuff.. he could call it "Trek"...

Too bad Paramount owns UPN and the Star Trek franchise.... HOPEFULLY they will sell Star Trek to a company that will put it to so much better use... ?? SCI-FI Channel???

Paramount could've put Enterprise on any channel they wish.....They chose not to.

Plus, like I said to Nite, UPN was headed in a different direction, apparently.

:stare:

All I can say is one word, but I can't really post it...

EDIT: MAybe CBS can pick it up? :mad: If SPIKE or SciFi picked it up, they would make a killing imo