ENT: Enterprise Canceled

NiteShdw

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one dont have access to UPN so I had very little to do with watching it on tv. And second, those who do have UPN probably stil watched it first on upn and then downloaded it. AT least thats what I would have done. Not because to help upn but because I wanted to see it uninterrupted first hand on tv. It just takes too long to wait for it.

Downloads screws up re-runs a little because if it is available on the net and you can get it, why wait for the re-run.

Don't worry about it, Daffy.........I bet at least half of ST Fans can't get UPN.

.......Thousands of people.

:stare:

what pisses me off is that they probably cancelled it just going by what happens in the states, I think theres a lot of us fans that are not in the states.

Star trek has a strong following here in the UK, Sky One has most of the rights to the star treks here in the Uk & BBC, Sky 1 does quite a good job keeping the trek fans happy, and because Sky is the main satalite channel provider there is not the same problem here in the uk.

surely the makers should relise that its star trek is more of a international show than just a American show.

Do you think a "save Enterprise action" will help?

Nope. Paramount wanted the Star Trek Franchise to die. No amount of activity will bring it back.

Braga says Star Trek will be gone for 3 years, minimum.

....That's been confirmed, I might add. TREE YEARS MINIMUM.

Of course, we all know that in 3 years, it won't matter.....Out of sight, out of mind.

Bermann, by contrast, implies there is nothing more that can be gotten from the franchise.........It's dead, Jim.

:(

By the way, what about the actors?

All the actors from TOS to VOY are nice guests on any Star Trek Convention, but I doubt that the ENT Crew will be accepted as them. They will always have that touch of "You got fired! Woahaha!" if you know what I mean :(

Quite simply, Enterprise has been cancelled for the same reason the new movie is going to have completely new characters in it:

Paramount wants wider audience appeal, and unfortunately they don't seem to realize that the minute you try and do that with a cult show you destroy it.

I was only recently won over to Enterprise, but this entire season has rocked thus far. I could almost imagine a certain doctor and vulcan arguing over the finer points of diplomacy if they had been around for "Babel One" ;)

Sadly, I think we can assume we're going to have a good 5 year gap before anything truly trek returns.

Meh, at least we have the rest of season 4 to downlo... watch. :D

By the way, what about the actors?

All the actors from TOS to VOY are nice guests on any Star Trek Convention, but I doubt that the ENT Crew will be accepted as them. They will always have that touch of "You got fired! Woahaha!" if you know what I mean :(

They got fired because they don't have chemistry. Bakula was a pathetic choice. They should have picked an unknown to play the role. He has too much of a goodie 2 shoes image from QL.

...well, I haven't much new things to say but still:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

YOU BASTARDS! YOU KILLED ARCHER!!

Well, learning from the past I guess it is clear what we have to do. The viewers saved the whole concept of Star Trek in the first place, remember!?!!?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :o :o :( :mad: :mad: :stare: :( :o :( :o :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

...although, after letting of steam, much of the more critic things said hereabove are undeniably true... I see why they stopped it... but they have to understand that if they go into things like movies with new and unknown casts...... I WON'T SIT IN THE CINEMA TO WATCH IT!!! :mad:

I see that there are a lot of TNG fans here (including myself) and I know that "anger" and "yelling" and such thing dominate TV these days which is a VERY sad thing. Archer just has a lot of yelling and fighting and stuff that I dont like. I enjoy watching the other characters cuz they are more friends but they don't have the connection with Archer like the TNG crew did with Picard. Maybe its just me getting older and starting my own family but I don't like watching Archer always getting mad all the time and yelling at everyone he talks to.

Anyone else notice this?

I guess a good side to this is that they are ending with a full season (May will tally up to 24 episodes)

I see that there are a lot of TNG fans here (including myself) and I know that "anger" and "yelling" and such thing dominate TV these days which is a VERY sad thing. Archer just has a lot of yelling and fighting and stuff that I dont like. I enjoy watching the other characters cuz they are more friends but they don't have the connection with Archer like the TNG crew did with Picard. Maybe its just me getting older and starting my own family but I don't like watching Archer always getting mad all the time and yelling at everyone he talks to.

Anyone else notice this?

I guess a good side to this is that they are ending with a full season (May will tally up to 24 episodes)

I never liked archer either in this rule. He never fit in after 4 seasons. He shoulda relaxed and loosened up a bit. Hoshi and others were playing their rules better.

If you compare archer to some of the veterans like Sarek (the vulcan) or Dr. sung, you can see they fit right in with star trek.

thats no good at all :<

Cmdr. Charles Tucker III: "Well, so much for the Enterprise."

Capt. Jonathan Archer: "We barely knew her."

Cmdr. Charles Tucker III: "Think they'll build another one?"

Capt. Jonathan Archer: "Plenty of letters left in the alphabet."