Best Star Trek related Videogame ?

netshark

Hi,

I just wondered which existent videogames concerning Star Trek is the best, as I read the topic about the upcoming computergames about Star Trek, which looks at least pretty good btw. There are already hundreds of them, and I wanna know, what you think is the best st game. Perhaps distinguish between the best pc game itself (so joy while gaming) and the best st game (because it fits best into the st universe).

I didnt play much of them, but imo the best game is Elite Force. I liked playing it, and the best game concerning st compatibility seems to be...hmm dunno, as I said, I didnt play that much, so Elite Force again. ;)

There is a brand new game ..set for release in a few months....

But i would say my favourite is the "Borg" Movie Game(c2000)...

...closely followed by the "Klingon" interacticve movie game (c2000).

Others to try..but a little old now...are:

"Birth of the federation" (c1998)

"Away teams I & II" (c 2001)

" Armada I & II" (c2003)

"starfleet command" (c2002)

@Exterus: Ah man, I have especially disabled the avatars and sigs for myself on this page, so I can PEACEFULLY reply. Please buddy, remove those annoying things...

Anyway: the best Star Trek games would be the original Elite Force (not the second one, that one was awful), Starfleet Command III and Starfleet Academy (I hear Klingon Academy is pretty good too, but I never played that). I was never such a big fan of Star Trek: Armada, not the first and not the second, to repetitive imo. Star Trek DS9: Dominion Wars was acceptable, but not too spectacular. Bridge Commander and myself never got along, I'd end up more battling the controls than the enemies. That's about it, there are quite a few others, but I never played any of those, not even demo's...

Starfleet Academy was not very well liked by most people I know, but it was the first 'Star Trek' game I ever played, so I guess that must be why I like it still... Starfleet command III is quite nice, but after playing it for a few days, you do get tired of it... Elite Force: wel just a plain FPS, nothing spectacular, but still a nice FPS in the Star Trek universe.

As far as I can remember there was never a Star Trek game that I'd label as extremely good/spectacular, but there certainly are a few ordinary 'good' ones imho.

@Exterus: Ah man' date=' I have especially disabled the avatars and sigs for myself on this page, so I can PEACEFULLY reply. Please buddy, remove those annoying things...[/quote']

I'll remove my beautiful avatar when everybody else removes their animated avatars. It's as simple as that. I haven't broken any rules, as far as I know.

@Exterus: Ah man' date=' I have especially disabled the avatars and sigs for myself on this page, so I can PEACEFULLY reply. Please buddy, remove those annoying things...[/quote']

B) - you do need sunglasses for this! :D

but i may be removing my avatar and replacing it with a pic soon anyway - i know some people must find it annoying

but on topic - i'd say Bridge Commander, Armada 1+2 were good games :)

i'd say Bridge Commander, Armada 1+2 were good games :)

I agree. especially with bridge commander because its a great game and even if you get bored with the original, there are so many mods and upgrades out there on the web so you will never get bored!

I'll remove my beautiful avatar when everybody else removes their animated avatars. It's as simple as that. I haven't broken any rules, as far as I know.

Absolutely right, you haven't broken any rules afaik (but even that is debatable, remember rule 4: kind and curteous, which your avatar and sig certainly are not!), but I'm certainly not 'demanding' that you take it down (if I had, I would have send a PM instead), but I'm just letting you know that it's the most annoying thing I've ever seen in a sig, the avatar itself is not all that bad really, and that it is not a very considerate thing to do. But if you want to keep it up, be my guest, I'll just disable it in my view so that at least I won't bothered by it. :)

EDIT: heh, just had a quick look, thanks for removing the sig, much better like this. :)

Wow there are some I have really never heard about, especially the borg and klingon interactive movie game - whats that !?

To summerize it till that point - the well known ones got voted the most, such as Elite FOrce series, Armada series and Bridge Commander.

Seems that I need to check out BC, but to reply to your votes: ELite Force 2 is, as Tetsuo said, quite disappointing in comparison to its predecessor.

Wow there are some I have really never heard about, especially the borg and klingon interactive movie game - whats that !?

To summerize it till that point - the well known ones got voted the most, such as Elite FOrce series, Armada series and Bridge Commander.

Seems that I need to check out BC, but to reply to your votes: ELite Force 2 is, as Tetsuo said, quite disappointing in comparison to its predecessor.

How about the very old Firebird branded Star Trek game for the commodore 64

I liked Elite Force because it played like an episode. Away team is pretty good, and so is Klingon Academy (though the controls are really tedious). I haven't played any of the others, except for a sega game that I vaguely remember playing in my youth that I thought was awesome at the time. If anyone knows the name it would be appreciated.

Klingon : An interactive (choose your own adventure) movie game,

Where you "..enter a holodeck re-enactment of a klingon going through the right of ascention...."

The coolest thing with this game is the "Klingon Language program"

It's an interactive feature to teach you the Klingon language...

...language you would need to learn for the game.....

Borg: is also a choose-your-own-adventure film, hosted by 'Q'...

..it is really funny and worth a play / watch.

I haven't played any of the others' date=' except for a sega game that I vaguely remember playing in my youth that I thought was awesome at the time. If anyone knows the name it would be appreciated.[/quote']

stng: echoes from the past