Starship Troopers

str82u

Let's just say, it's not much of a sequel.

First of all you really don't get to see the bugs. The guy who made it had a real, real tight budget. CGI was a luxury he couldn't really afford.

The basic premise of the movie is a small group of Infantry get stranded on a bug infested planet. They hole up in a small bunker thats normally protected by an energy cage that quite literally acts as a giant bug zapper (can they be any more cheesey?). Instead of fighting bugs you see in the first film, they are more so fighting body-snatcher bugs. The bugs have "evolved" to a point where they can infiltrate a human body and take it over....

Needless to say it's very cheesey, very..even for my tastes. They really threw the entire concept of the military/citizenship down the drain, I won't spoil who or how but one lady has her baby in her arms and kinda shows him where the soldiers go to train. Well one of those old wounded G.I.'s smiles at the baby and says something ultimately stupid like 'Lets hope you grow up strong, more meat for the grinder'... I know the infantry was extremely high risk but come on, do the C.O.'s need to really tell people who haven't joined such things as they are going to be cannon fodder?..

Do not even bother buying this. If you MUST see it, well rent it for find other means of aquiring it.

It wasn't just cheesy, it was stupid... ok, it was both but not only that it engaged in just about every cliche for a war film... Just as well Heinlein isn't around.

People that make stuff like this need to be banned from going near the creative industries.

I guess a wider cone of fire maybe. I mean in ST1 they had to keep making those films to show the Infantry to shoot for the "sweet spots" which generally was the neck and head (the brain area of each bug).

Seems easier for the stupid Infantry in ST2 to just pop out a torch/thrower and go poof

I actually have this movie. The movie realy is a stinker, and not the best. There are scenes with the bugs, but hardly any where the bugs and humans interact.

Speaking of this, there is a game based on the first movie. Anyone have this, or tried it?

Yea the game is a FPS that just came out in 2005. there's a demo of it out if you wanna try it (just google it). It's fairly good from what people say, you really get the feel of being just a few marines vs an insane number of bugs. you get all the weapons from the first movie, and a couple new ones/upgrades.

strategy tip; some levels its good to corner yourself so they cant get you from behind. other levels its not cause those big fire breathin frakkers will dig the ground out from behind the wall/under neath you once you are cornered

It's worth watching

If you enjoy having your eyeballs slowly pulled out of your body, through your uretha

... whilst strangling yourself with your own intestines...

I'd say stick to the series...

..it has all of the FX the movies couldn't afford to do :)