Favorite car

wahaha

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best car i ever had was a

Toyota Corolla GT coupe RWD

It was only a 16 twin cam ,, Same engine as went into the first MR2.

it was nothing really special, It just was a fantistic drive.

It really handled great.

You can't get them for love nor money nowadays.

As most ended up as rally cars!!

some people believe that oil is not a by product of millions of years of decaying organic matter; Take them out of their cars and put them on a bus I say.

I don't believe it came from dinos either. How did they get in the ocean floor? Their bodies would have been eaten by predators, and most of the ones that lived in the ocean should have been able to survive anything. Blood and decaying matter do not get absorbed into the ground.. least of all in big pockets below the surface. Why aren't there any bones found near oil wells? What, were they all standing together in one place when they died?? And if they were all wiped out by a meteor, most would have been evaporated like in an H-bomb explosion.

I use full synthetic oil in my car, M1 0w-40. Need to. I also don't change my oil until 8,100 miles. Just too bad they can't make synthetic gas.

I think the best transport would be maglev trains / buses. Use the mag bus in the city and the train for cross country. In China the buses have their own lane! It should be the same here. Sure as hell would prevent road rage from being stopped or having to go around them.

:rolleyes: guys and girls you are always talkking about fast cars BUT no car canwin from a bike in the city' date='s and on the highways in europe :p :p ;) ;) :D :D[/quote']

Very true...

But at least in a car you stand a chance of surviving, when some silly sod T-Bone's you.

And the good ones get you there safely, in comfort, and you enjoy the journey. And most people own BAD ones that will rust after 3 years, not protect you in a crash, have ugly interiors, and only go fast in a straight line lol.

It's taken US automakers a long time to catch up to safety advances, and they still don't have half of them that the Germans or Japanese have. It's so ridiculous they're making a big deal that it will cost .50 cents more per vehicle to add something that could save your life, or prevent your kid from choking themselves, and they won't do it. All the US automakers do is slap new front headlights on an old model and call it new. Whereas others completely redesign their cars to make them better.

I read something that said there are more German cars on the road that are over 20 years old than there are for Japanese and American. Don't know if it's true, but that says a lot more about German engineering since there were so many "reliable" Japanese cars made in the 70s.

It's nice to post pics and talk about the car you own, but unless there is debate on the topic also, it gets stale and dies off.

What Does Your Car's Mirror Reflect? Identifying the difference between "good" cars and "bad" cars.

Just to mention. My OUTSIDE mirrors auto tint same as the interior mirror, and are heated in the winter. Now that's luxury and safety.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew you liked that car, but don't know why ^^ Maybe coz girls like convertibles.

I was looking into buying a SAAB many yrs ago. But the resale market for them is worse than a wrecked car lol. The newer ones look nice though.

I don't remember seeing any SAAB in China. Just a lot of VW Passat and Audi. So I got a Passat when I came home, and later an Audi. Much better.

Think you also need to add french?

Renault, Peugeot and Citroen to name just 3.

Have had pugs for years (and the odd citroen) and I really like them. ATM Driving a 307HDI D-turbo 130bhp- and its pretty swift :)

Gona get some fuel chip thing which can apparently add up to max about 29% more BHP (or PS as its now known) and runs more fuel efficient :)

I can't edit the poll once it's been made. Kind of sucks.

I didn't think renault were such great cars. They usually chide them in the top gear tv show. I think they imported them into the US one year hehe. Didn't do too well if I remember, but I was too young then.

There were a lot of citroen in China I think. Use them as taxis along with VW. They LOOKED 20 yrs old, but still running. The VW were just old platform designs. They give the new stuff to other countries.. ugh.

I was thinking of adding a chip for my Audi. Add 60HP to make it 320hp/380tq. I've seen a video of one S4 avant with 600HP racing through russian traffic against a BMW. That thing was faster than warp speed.

oh,,If I am a boy,I still like SAAB I think...:thinking:in short,"love at first sight"hah~~ :D :D :DSometimes a man's character can be measured by the types of his car,,colour,style,adorning,,etc...everybody's attitude towards the car varies widely,if not,the majority of the car in the world will without a suspicion of individuality.

I think good design have no clear-cut criteria to go by,it's not excessively florid or swagger through the street,, I prefer quality to design..that's SAAB.

this is the most gorgeous car I have ever seen,,I love it's style,and it looks so trustworthy. ;)

your red A6 is cool,I never seen red A6 in China,Some of them are black and others are Silver.I never seen SAAB in my city either,so just imagine,,if you drive SAAB 9-3 Convertible Aero spinning along the highway(that chili red one),wow,cool!you'll be stopped by the police and hear his calling:"hey!take flight-without leaving the ground!"hah~fanny... :D

• 1 month later...

The color of my car means warning or danger I thought in China hehe. But there are a lot of old red taxis too. I didn't see any A6s, but saw a lot of VW passats and got to ride in the college presidents Audi 5000 I think it was, with the letter U in the license plate. Special treatment hehe. I don't think anyone would get out of my way though, even for my red A6. Unless they hear my 2 turbos.

I know most of the VW and Audi are govt. owned and for PSB, police. I got to ride in a govt 4x4 truck that was Japanese made, to go on some trips.

Only 2 more days before the next episode of Top Gear, when they test and race across Britain in the 253mph / 400kph Bugatti Veyron!! The car that has a w16 and 4 turbos powering the hyperdrive pedal.

Some say he's confused by stairs, we call him the STIG.

Well, I'm no car-freak, a bicyclist actually, and I think cars should be first and foremost practical, and since I live in a smallish town I like the BMW Isetta!

isetta0zq.jpg

Ok, so it's not up to the kind of safety standards we've come to expect these days, but at least it won't go very fast!

Edit: And just think what the girls will think of a man confident enough to actually drive such a thing!!!

Thanx 2 ImageShack

W00t Urkel's Car hahah, if you dont know what im talkin about then dont worry bout it.

But yea if i had the money and a choice right now, id be heading over to a Subaru, Mitsubishi, or BMW dealership right now and picking up my WRX, Eclipse/Lancer, or my M3 Coupé. But thats just my opinion

The race of freaking biblical propulSions.. almost. http://www.finalgear.com/downloads/topgear/7/5/

Too bad they didn't test the veyron on their track. GOD I love the sound of my 2 turbos hahah, and double that on the veyron.

For the money, German can't be beat. I wouldn't drive ANYTHING else. BMW is ok, but the

[ Audi / VW / Bugatti / Bentley / Porsche / Lamborghini ] group is an unstoppable behemoth.

“Has features NO American car has, tiltable rear headrests, child safety window buttons, pinch protection, middle rear seat chest strap seatbelt. All these safety features came standard 6 yrs ago, and the US hasn't even bothered to implement half of them because it's "too expensive for us".

I can only see one really decent feature “pinch protection†which could be easily implemented, though side impact airbags seem like the smarter option anyway, the rest are frills that are indeed unimportant, and, I’m pretty sure there’s plenty of domestic vehicles that feature lockout controls for the back, and even passenger side windows, I’ve ridden in a 2000 ford that had these things. Though the best defense against stupidity is disciplining your children.

I’ve yet to configure my dream car, but it starts with a 67 Camaro :3