Star Wars 3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....oh yes, and additionally :D

it ruled. it tied up loose ends told a grreat tale.

the effects were grreat the battles were cool, and by the end (at around 3AM this morning) i wanted to watch a new hope.

am now lookin forward to the series it should be cool as long as george lucas doesnt franchise it

the only bummer was that its all over for the movies as long as nothing changes.

all in all, nice one george ;)

the only bummer was that its all over for the movies as long as nothing changes.

With Lucas, the idea of nothing ever changing is impossible to imagine.

He's already announced he's rereleasing the original trilogy as a 3D movie version.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=7210

Lucas is also considering a Star Wars TV series, which could be even better. Just think of it, an hour show each week, likely running for several years.

I believe the timeline would be set between the two series.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4484915.stm

I thought the last hour was just about as good as anything in the whole trilogy. Although mostly action stuff, the pacing was much better and the direction much clearer than in the last 2 installments. You actually knew what was going on.

The acting varies from the atrocious (jedi youngling) to the superb (Ian McDiarmid).

Some genuinely shocking moments, and although you know how it's going to end it's fun to see how it gets there.

The intro and fanfare rolled at 00:50 BST in my local cinema, and I and a friend were there to see it. I honestly think this movie was awesome. B)

There was even a point when everyone laughed - when

Yoda force throws Palpatine's body guards out the way, with a casual flick of the wrist! :)

Amazing movie. Got to see it at 12:01am. The theatre was packed, people sitting in the isles, the whole nine yards. Its a very visual movie, but I think thats the way it should of been. I thought chewies roll would be a bit larger, and thus my only disapointment.

But for sure, this is a movie that you must see in theatre to truly enjoy it!

I saw the movie this afternoon here. Surprisingly, the movie theatre was not packed and there was no line. And since it was an afternoon, I only paid $6.5.

Now about the movie: (spoilers alert! if you havent seen the movie and dont want to spoil it, dont read ahead.)

It was quite dark, tragic and sad. I thought there would be some comedy in there but I found very little to none. All the others I, II, 4, 5, 6 had a certain level of humor.

I liked how Obi Wan Tricked Anakin/Vader and cut off his legs. Although I was wondering why he didnt finish him off. I would have thrown him into the lava.

I thought killing massacr of all those children was utterly unnecessary. It would have made better sense and less gruesome to have recruited all of them into a Sith Academy or something.

Lots of other comments but maybe at a later time...

Ive just watched it myself after downloading it from somewhere on the net. Normally i am not a great fan off Lucas and his money milking star wars machine but............

Amazing....truely amazing, action, pace, drama, sadness, terrors...this has it all, finally it all clicks into place. Dare I say it the acting what first class, its true what empire magazine says about it...the empoerer was probably the best actor in it, closely followed by obi wan.

Dare I say it this beats any other star wars films and any star trek film, this is more like a modern day epic.

YOU MUST SEE THIS!!!

I found a DvD rip online, no names, don't want this place getting in trouble, but I must say..........truly amazing, but it is strange to watch episode 1 with little anikan as a small child, and then to see him turn into darth vader, funny how the choices we make in life shape our future, Annikan killing all younglings though, that really wasn't necessary in my oppinion, Great movie though.

Annikan killing all younglings though' date=' that really wasn't necessary in my oppinion, Great movie though.[/quote']

That scene was needed to show you Darth Vader was bad and there was no going back. You had to have that scene.

That scene was needed to show you Darth Vader was bad and there was no going back. You had to have that scene.

Yeah, but there was no transition. Its was way too soon for him to be jumping to that level of evil.

One moment he's lamenting about his role in killing Windu, and the next he's executing innocents? Part of the reason he was able to go to the dark side was because the Emperor convinced him the Jedi were doing things they shouldn't (asking him to spy.)

What I'd have liked to see was Anakin becoming what he was much more slowly. First he decides to learn the dark side to save Padme. However he's still motivated as a force for preservation of the empire and saving her life.

Then the transformation would be complete upon believing Padme and Obi-wan had turned against him and the subsequent fights and donning the armor. After that point I can see him killing innocents, but not before.

By the way what did you guys think of the U.S. political subtext in the film??

While I'm sure some comparisons can be made, I didn't see anything that jumped out. What's your interpretation?

All I have to say, because I am still on a major high from the movie is that I found it fantastic, truly superb to be honest. I loved every minute of it and for me I actually liked the quick seduction, it was more dramatic (for me) that way and showcased the true power of Palpatine.

Yeah' date=' but there was no transition. Its was way too soon for him to be jumping to that level of evil. [/quote']

Well the transformation had been going on over two films already, but I guess I'm not familiar with the turning evil 12 step program ;). Seriously, He was consumed by hate and rage and once he let go the power of the Dark Side took him and he was no longer Anakin he was Darth Vader. The action was easy for him at that point as he was completely self involved and nothing mattered except what he wanted..... The scene made perfect sense.

While I'm sure some comparisons can be made' date=' I didn't see anything that jumped out. What's your interpretation?[/quote']

Well I thought it was pretty obvious what with lines like....

"So this is how democracy dies? To thunderous applause" and "Those who are not with me are my enemies."

While I'm sure some comparisons can be made' date=' I didn't see anything that jumped out. What's your interpretation?[/quote']

Well I thought it was pretty obvious what with lines like....

"So this is how democracy dies? To thunderous applause" and "Those who are not with me are my enemies."

I think Lucas put those lines in recently to try to link bush directly. However even when I watched episode I a while back and saw how palpatine was plotting to become chancelor by invading his own planet using the trade federation.

I quickly thought of two parralels (that may be true): First the Rumsfeld goes to Iraq in 80s and gives Saddam powerful weapons, INCLUDING chemical and biological weapons to use against Kurds and Iranians and his own Iraqi people. Then Secretary of state Madaline Albright meets saddam and saddam tells her that he is fed up with Kuwait and he is planning to invade kuwait. Once Saddam invades kuwait, bam.. the US/UN goes after saddam.

Another parralel, Bin Ladin goes to afghanistan in the 80s to fight the russians. The US fully support him, give him weapons, etc. And all of a sudden, he is the mother of all enemies becuase he is going to attack US (which is true).

So just like in the movie... could the conspiracy really be true? Is it possible that there is a Sith Lord sitting somewhere in pentagon (maybe rumsfeld or is he just an apprentice) that first train these terrorists and then They Justify getting more powers like the Patriat act, Homeland security, Big Wars, big armies (clones?) to go after these big evils whom they created themselves (saddam, binlandin)?

Of course you could argue that they just got created out of mistakes but could it be that they were purposefully created to justify exactly whats happening today????? Thats the real star wars context.

Not just those two lines that say 'you are with me or against me' or 'this is how liberty/democracy dies, with thunderous applause'.

Bloody amazing!!! Darth Vader was one BAD man when he was younger...WOW!

Well, the Jedi didn't wipe themselves out, after all ;)

Haven't seen it yet... probably going to in the next day or two... not as if it'll be leaving the theaters anytime soon ^^