Reasons to put off studying...

Beawulf

I am a typical procrastinator, I tend to put things off constantly and study is no exception. Right now I am leaning over my textbooks starting this thread.

Once I am done however, I will have no excuse but to get started. Can anyone help me out with reasons why I should put off studying?

The more outrageous the better :cyclops:

Can anyone help me out with reasons why I should put off studying?

There is no good reason. Studying will lead to a $40 an hour job like mine.

However you can make it less painful by turning on the History Channel, or Talk Radio, because silence is boring.

troy

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help me out with reasons why I should put off studying?

There is no good reason. Studying will lead to a $40 an hour job like mine.

However you can make it less painful by turning on the History Channel, or Talk Radio, because silence is boring.

troy

Lying on your resume, and being good at thinking on your feet, and crash course training will also get you a decent job. Fuck studying.

Hmm. Let's see. That's easy.

You are allergic to printers ink.

There are so many cool forums to visit.

There is so much cool stuff to download and watch.

You have to get started on writing your novel, your memoirs, your will, etc.

You would rather be skiing.

Your dog or cat is sleeping on your textbooks and he/she looks so peaceful you haven't got the heart to disturb him/her.

Your dog is dropping hints that he/she needs to go for a walk.

You have to get started on your Christmas shopping, before all the good stuff is gone.

You don't have a good chair to sit in while you are studying; so, you need to go out and buy a new one.

You've just spilled your coffee all over your textbooks and you can no longer read them, or you want to wait until they are dry first, in order to make sure that you don't rip the pages.

I could go on, but I expect that's more than enough. :rolleyes:

"Study" and "stupid" both come from the same Latin root' date=' so the more you study, the more stupid you become. [/quote']

:thinking:

I can see the "stu," but what about the "pid?" Mind you, "pid" backwards is "dip;" so, perhaps a dip is what you become if you study too much.

:thinking:

So, if you're a studying student, stuck in a stultifying study room, stuffing yourself full of book learning, you'll be stunned? You won't be a sturdy stud? Will you stutter, stumble, and stub your toe instead?

How's that for an excuse for not studying? ;)

Study all to know all. Always seek perfection so you can luagh like the green one-eyed aliens on the Simpsons.

"...and you must always be twirling, twirling towards the future."

"I see all."

"Go ahead, throw your vote away."

"When you are sealed in the voting chambers, vote for me, Senator, uh, Senator Bob Dole!"

"Study" and "stupid" both come from the same Latin root' date=' so the more you study, the more stupid you become. [/quote']

So, if you're a studying student, stuck in a stultifying study room, stuffing yourself full of book learning, you'll be stunned? You won't be a sturdy stud? Will you stutter, stumble, and stub your toe instead?

How's that for an excuse for not studying? ;)

I sink I saught a lisp from seading that....

"Study" and "stupid" both come from the same Latin root, so the more you study, the more stupid you become.

Wish I could take credit for this, but I believe that Martin Luther originated it.

Hmmn, the closest I can find to this (after five minutes studying it, what, you think I want to be stupider? :p) is "studio" which means "to study" and "stupidus" which means "stuck senseless", "bardus" means "stupid".

Sure me smarter now am!

http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/Latin/

• 2 weeks later...