Television

Vektram

I realised a few days ago that I hardly watch any TV. The shows I enjoy (basically just sci-fi) I can download or get from my friends. I realised that on Australian free-to-air it's basically all crap with the exception of a few cartoon shows and ONE channel's news.

I was wondering what other people thought about it, do you enjoy watching TV for hours on end? Or is there only the rare show that you watch?

I watch very little actual television, due to both my work schedule (work night shift) and the fact that I do not have cable or satellite (I only get NBC and CBS in poorly now).

About the only things I watch, are the morning USA newshows, such as part of the Today show and such, maybe a few odds and ends here and there.

Lately anymore, about the only real TV I actually watch, are shows that I download via Bittorrent.

I do watch several DVD's I rent, rip, and encode each week as well.

mmmm what do i actually watch on tv, sci fi of course when its actually on, formula one Grand prix, football and the news apart from that i dont watch any of it (man i hate soaps)...and oh yeah films when there is a decent one to watch so in all its crap lol

The good thing about TV is that its more enjoyable as a group activity compared to the computer and dling torrents. Maybe just connect the PC up to the telly then...

TV is good for watching while preparing meals, eating meals and washing dishes! Especially when something nice is on. None of that Idol crap or Big Brother. Just give me comedy serials and I'm happy (later episodes of simpsons preferrably one I haven't watched, Everybody loves raymond, drew carey show, friends though I've probably seen them all, very very interesting documentaries, etc etc).

I don't own a TV myself (as of now) and even when there was a TV in my apartment, I'd NEVER watch it because my schedule is too crazy. I am, however, quite a fan of West Wing - though the show took a bit of a dip when Aaron Sorkin left. I wouldn't object to buying the DVD seasons (since they're not outlandishly expensive like seasons of TNG!) but I just don't have the money for it right now.

It depends on what you use it for.

If it's used for entertainment...well, ok.

If it takes the place of other people in your life...well, that's not good is it?

c4 B)

Other then watching some ST, most of the other stuff thats viewed are nething thats remotly funny, Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park, Cheppelle Show, Daily Show.

Most of the other stuff that i watch i DL via Bittorrent, cause its more convienent for me :P

Either way whatever floats your boat

for the first time in years I am actually starting to get back into network TV. By network I mean ABC, NBC, CBS. There are alot of good new shows out there including CSI, My girlfriend even has me watching desperate housewives, and I have to admit that it's not that bad.

I get sick of the discovery channel anymore, all that ever seems to be on is that Mythbusters and Dog the bounty hunter. Why is it that these shows are played over and over and over.

We have a TV in EVERY room except the kithchen and potty, cable and a dvd on each one, and I watch more at night on the Phillips DVD (Rips) or on the PC than on air tv.

Everyone watches stuff I'm not interested in (mostly "reality" TV) and believe that they OWN the TV in front of them...and then they say I am anti-social and da computer hog for sitting where I am right now...Nobody wants to watch my "crap"...I really need to get a new life!

The family guy and a few comedy/cartoons like Futurama are about all I get, I download histery, sci-fi and movies from torrents and the PC becomes MY TV.

Sorry for the whining...