European guilt? Yes. So lay off Europeans... you're bloody too.

theaveng

You are forgetting about 500 other wars.

Like the dutch british wars..

The dutch spanish wars

Napoleon

Russia occupying half off europe

WW1

But did any off that happen recently??? NO.....

Can we be blamed for that???? NO......

Can the american government be blamed for their recent decisions??? YES.....

Can we disagree with those decisions??? YES.......

Do we have the right to critice country's who invade other country's with no apparent reason??? YES.....

Have the europeans been very nice to out american friends on this forum??? YES......

What do we get for that?? Troy bashing europeans...... This includes prejudice, ancient wars, and saying that all eurpeans are to be blamed for those wars.... whilst half of the european country's didn't even exist when those wars happend.

Yes you're right.

But we must learn that countries cannot and must not act like this anymore. Open war is not the means of carrying out international politics. We (yes I am a Brit. and use the royal we to include the US) were wrong to go into Iraq under the thinly disguised veil of a threat of WoMD. When it was a worry over what would happen to the world wide oil markets should there be political unrest in the middle east.

Yes, Saddam was a total despot, and personally deserved what happened to him, but the means was wrong.

The UK politicians who now decide that military force should be used in this manner, have never themselves seen the horror of war, perhaps they would think twice.

So you justify todays modern invasions by the US with the bloody history of Europe, now I don't see the logic in that.

Why can't you handle a little criticism on the US government, don't take it personally man.

As for "union of stupid arses", whoever said that is an idiot so...

I didn't do anything. I started a different thread trying to get people to stop this kind of thing by looking at the big picture and not making angry attacks. People are responsible for their own actions, and if they can't conduct themselves appropriately, it's not my fault. I do see though, that at least theaveng is thinking about history even as he has intentionally or unintentionally presented things in an antagonistic way.

So anyhow' date=' when you vent your hostility, try to remember that as an average citizen, you are probably a victim just like the targets of your hostility. You should support and encourage so-called "americans" to effect change, not bash them. Same goes for the flipside of the coin.[/quote']

What are Europeans guilty of?

I suppose that means that you're willing to personally take the blame for the killing of all those native Americans a few hundred years ago too? And maybe the murders of Kennedy and Martin Luther King?

I was surprised about the first thread because I don't read a lot in that part of the forum so I missed all that stuff. But I don't understand why you all seem to take that stuff so personal. You can bash my government as much as you want and I couldn't care less and probably would agree with you. Didn't vote for it anyway :p

But now you're only confirming that some prejudices are true... :rolleyes:

With all the American bashing ("USA = Union of Stupid Arses"), I thought I'd share the wealth. What are Europeans guilty of? (snip)

[DELETED - this was a bad idea on my part.]

YOUR THE MAN! I DIDNT THINK THAT ANY ONE ON HERE HAD THE BALLS TO BASH THE EUROS ON HERE!

And ppl say that Europe can not be confronted for what they did in the past?? can you guys lay out a time table? I mean ppl bash America on the subject of Operation Desert Storm... Vitenam... hell, have seen ppl post crap about the entire american history and how bloody and violent it has been, calling us lying, ignorant, hipocrites...

With all the American bashing ("USA = Union of Stupid Arses"), I thought I'd share the wealth. What are Europeans guilty of? (snip)

[DELETED - this was a bad idea on my part.]

YOUR THE MAN! I DIDNT THINK THAT ANY ONE ON HERE HAD THE BALLS TO BASH THE EUROS ON HERE!

And ppl say that Europe can not be confronted for what they did in the past?? can you guys lay out a time table? I mean ppl bash America on the subject of Operation Desert Storm... Vitenam... hell, have seen ppl post crap about the entire american history and how bloody and violent it has been, calling us lying, ignorant, hipocrites...

Somehow I think we end up in other people's shoving matches. We don't really gain anything and as far as some of these people are concerned, maybe they don't want to be free.As modern as we are today, there shouldn't be a problem with running a public poll every time the US want's to become envolved. Let the people spend the money because the people pay the bills and send thier kids to be targets in these wars.

EDIT: By the the way, I'm not one who cares about what happened yesterday, what can we do to improve the next time. I do learn from mistakes and examplesbut dont think that means we are locked in to a course just because we started on the wrong foot.

Warrant Officer Arktis, I like your avatar. I must say that the US is responsible for much violence in its short history, much of it done at the expense of fellow Americans (ie the American Revolution, Amercian Civil War).

The separate nations of Europe has done a lot of nasty stuff in the past, true. And many of the goverments here are undoubtedly corrupt now as well, visiting hookers, embezzling money, etc. But that doesn't really change the fact that the US is too. Believe me, in the newspapers over, there are bitching about everything european. We have our own shit to deal with, and or USA-bashing is just something we do when we are sick of bashing our own goverments. Mostly because bashing the states is so much easer.