What political party do you belong to?

Chewbacca

If you get more than two, it can sometimes get to be quite a circus, though.

Here in Canada, we had five major Federal parties at one point, and as one comedien quipped when we had leadership debates between all five leaders, it more closely resembled a family feud than a debate. Mind you, it was quite entertaining.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be so down on the whole political system.. but if there were a true Democratic society then not only the rich be able to run.. The amounts of money spewed out over the past election would make George Washington's head spin. And as far as political views.. Isn't that an oxymoron, especially when they only tell you what you want to hear. If yu are going to do something then do it, if not for the public at large then everyone. Did you know the only reason why politicials get voted in these days is is beacuse they appeal to the minority vote? Forget the issues get the popular vote. Just say you'll clean up our urban streets and throw a lot money around and you'll get voted in. I hate politics!!!!

And as far as political views.. Isn't that an oxymoron' date=' especially when they only tell you what you want to hear. [/quote']

:thinking:

Hmm. I am just trying to remember when was the last time politicians told me something I actually wanted to hear.

Mind you, if they did, I'd know they were lying. :rolleyes:

I consider myself as a Green but there isn't a green party in Turkey. And most people don't even now what a green party means so if anyone ask i tell 'em that i'm a democrat. BTW i don't vote for those parties who calls themselves as democrats cause they are not.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Republican in the United States, though as someone who is very conservative on economics and international politics, yet more liberal on *some* social issues (I don't care about gay people getting hitched or abortion, but will someone tell the Democrats to leave my f*cking video games and violent movies alone?), I do get frustrated on occasion. Republicans are slowly becoming Democrat-Lite, which will never be a good thing. But being frustrated with Republicans is better than my borderline-hatred of Democrats.

As far as the United Kingdom, where I now reside, I think the major political parties here are screwed. The Liberal Democrats are completely insane, and I wouldn't trust them to govern a preschool class much less a country. The right-wing of the Conservatives have some good ideas, but are too far up their own @$$es to win elections, and the left-wing is just loony. Labour..I'm not even sure what's up with Labour. UKIP all the way.

I have for the past 4 elections voted for the Socialdemocratic party.

Sweden = a true democracy (all votes are counted and weight equally).

Some votingsystems in other countries are evil. :cyclops:

Unless the citizenry gather personally run the country, it can't be a true democracy ^^'

Unless the citizenry gather personally run the country, it can't be a true democracy ^^'

I seem to have steped into a minefield. :thinking:

Atleast I know my vote counts.

True democracy?

Ask ten people what democracy is and you'll get different defintions.

There's more than one verison.

I belive my definition is one of those ten. ;)

And if you ask 100 ppl, some might agree to have the same definition. B)

I used to be a Democrat. Then Bill CLinton came along and made a lot of promises, was elected and broke a bunch of those promises before he even took office. I'm rather big on integrity, if you say you're going to do A then you better not do B instead.

i voted None, as in England all the party's make policys on things that will win more votes like lower taxes and better free hospitals rather than things which will make the conuntry better in a whole like getting rid of social security, illegal imigration and getting harder on crime