star wars or star trek

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duh! Star Trek of course!

Reasons:

1. Star Wars characters are corny. (...And I ain't just talking about Jar Jar either!)

2. Star Wars is set in the past and "far far away," and hence has nothing to do with us earth-folk. Star Trek is all about the possibilities of HUMANITY.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but you get the idea. In conclusion, F*** Star Wars! (That probably was uncalled for, but oh well....)

;)

lol. In this particular arena, just about everyone is going to go for star trek. This site used to be trek, and was exanded to include more sci fi....

But I did vote for Trek, as has everyone else up to now. I did like Star Wars, back in the old days though, episodes IV-VI were really fun. The new ones just ruined it. The books sucked too, with the exception, at least for me, with anything written by Timothy Zahn.

But in the end, there is just so much MORE to star trek, I mean, 5 movies(so far) vs. 5 series, and 10 movies. No contest, and for the most part I like the stroryline quality in Star Trek a lot, too.

O please... I couldn't even watch Starwars for more than 10 minutes without falling asleep. Totally boring and ridiculous... I just kept waiting when it would start to become interesting but it never did.

star wars every time

i love star trek. really really i do

but star wars is FUN.

thats it, fun. i dont have to think about the future of humanity or anything.

all i have to do is sit down and suddenly im in a galaxy farfar away.

the only problem is, is that there are only 5 star wars films to date and there is tonnes of trek

I didn't vote because there wasn't a "No Comparison" option. Yes, Trek is related to mankind in a way Wars isn't, but at the same time if both are possible, then both are probable.

Star Wars is a bit more fantastic, Lucas has but 6 hours per episode to tell his story, and what an epic it is. Plus the diversity of aliens.

Trek is here for me with something to follow and a different emotional draw because of the Earth-Human closeness. The Xindi were cool aliens, even though the reptilians looked alot lke the guys from Galaxy Quest. Man, I saw those guys and had some serious doubts about watching season 3. I thought "O'kay, I'll stick this out, but if Tim Allen pops up that's it..."

StarWars is science fiction fantasy (totally) and StarTrek is science fiction reality (possibly).

And that's why I think there's no comparison for liking one more than the other.

Star wars shot its self in the foot with the new films, star trek relys on the storys much more than star wars, star wars is good if you like eye candy.

Secondly star wars falls way short as it was the pioneering film triology of sci-fi films back in 1977. The new ones have a really bad script and if it wasnt for the special effects you wont wanna watch it at all.

Star Trek has alot more depth

Its pretty much a tie for me, honestelly. On one hand Star Trek has so much more substace and way better writing.

I actually pride myself on having the full run of all the trek series on dvd, and having watched it all enough to a degree where someone can give a vauge description of an episode, and I can give the title of it and the season (not so much with Ent, only saw the full run once)

But at the same time I'm a gamer, and the Jedi Knight series and Knights of the Old Republic (Only the first one I liked, the second one sucked hard) beats the hell out of any trek game, with of course the exception of The Elite Force games (100% awesome)

I voted for trek, becuase theres way more to it then a thinly vieled Samuari story, and muppets.

I like them both but i voted star trek solely due to the fact that it has a lot more hours of entertainment. also, some of the episodes actually bring a little bit of joy into my life or teach me a valuable life lesson or value. Star Wars is just fun entertainment that is enjoyed while being watched, but doesnt have any long lasting effects

Star Wars:

* Created by George Lucas

* Owned by George Lucas

* Story and characters of people in a galaxy far far away

Star Trek:

* Created by Gene Roddenberry

* Owned by Paramount

* Story and characters from Earth (and it's allies, enemies, others) in the future

I like Star Trek better because it shows a possible future for mankind (the Earth becoming like near eutopia and stuff like that). If Star Trek weren't owned by Paramount, maybe it could have achieved it's potential to become greater than it currently is.

On the other hand, I guess Star Wars gained popularity because the Star Wars world appears to be on a "grander" scale. And more importantly, the rights remained with the creator.

Both are nice in their own way' date=' but I think I still prefer StarTrek because it has more to do with 'our own selves'. StarWars is science fiction fantasy (totally) and StarTrek is science fiction reality (possibly).[/quote']

I couldnt agree more. Besides, im a physics student and the physics behind Star Trek technology is all theoretically possible. Star Wars is a little "out there" in that sense. StarWars is good for the "Im going to watch fantasy violence just to be entertained" kind of guy. Theres alot more to StarTrek IMO.

They're totally different.

Star Wars is just a good rollicking adventure story while Trek is a long running sci-fi series. They appeal to the same group of people, yet different groups of people.

I voted for Trek because there's more of it but I like them both equally.

The new Star Wars on the other hand shouldn't even have that name attached to it.