Posting Rules (Updated 2nd March 2006)

Nite's rules are one reason why I like this site so much. He actually tries to make a 24th century utopia here. Other sites are so aggressive and mean-spirited. It's impossible to do things without revealing so much personal info.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated April 15' date=' 2005[/b']

3. The Ranking system does not imply any sort of authority

-- The ranking system is designed to show how active a user is in the forums, but in no way does it give that user any special privledge or authority. Please do not "brag" or attack based on rank. Doing so will result in posts being deleted, demotion, or a complete removal of the ranking system

Update this??

The only rank that is designed to show authority is Fleet Admiral?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4. Please be kind and curtious in your responses

Courteous is spelled incorrectly. It came from Old France & it means "of the court"..... as in, having the manners of a nobleman/the civility of the leaders' class.

troy

4. Please be kind and curtious in your responses

Courteous is spelled incorrectly. It came from Old France & it means "of the court"..... as in, having the manners of a nobleman/the civility of the leaders' class.

troy

pmswl come to nites site for a english classes lol

Anybody that has anything besides Starfleet as their group is a moderator

except torrenttome(s) - we are the heavy wokers of the "yet to be tvtorrents site" ;)

edit: I like the hitler/watermelon analogy (the speeches were like that, they had dispersed in the history and become waterymelon babble).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must say that I've always been a supporter of Nite's forum. I like the rules here and the reference to Picard's "...to better ourselves..." speech. However, I find that organizations like the MPAA don't help us to do this. I fear the forum will lose its recruitment pool now that the torrent site is gone. I also think that membership will go down over time as people look elsewhere for their hard-to-find files. That was the beauty of this site, that since it was small and focused first on Star Trek then on sci-fi people could focus their efforts on a common goal. In doing this I've seen the people of this site do incredible acts of kindness unheard of on other sites. I fear that common goal is now lost and people will slowly begin to forget about this site.

May I ask what happened to the torrent request sections of the forum?

I must say that I've always been a supporter of Nite's forum. I like the rules here and the reference to Picard's "...to better ourselves..." speech. However, I find that organizations like the MPAA don't help us to do this. I fear the forum will lose its recruitment pool now that the torrent site is gone. I also think that membership will go down over time as people look elsewhere for their hard-to-find files. That was the beauty of this site, that since it was small and focused first on Star Trek then on sci-fi people could focus their efforts on a common goal. In doing this I've seen the people of this site do incredible acts of kindness unheard of on other sites. I fear that common goal is now lost and people will slowly begin to forget about this site.

May I ask what happened to the torrent request sections of the forum?

As you should know the torrent site is gone forever there fore there is not a need for a toorent section also the mpaa are going thru the forums so it is a bad idea to evenmencen it

got it