Posting Rules (Updated 2nd March 2006)

I thought I read somewhere that this software requires the admin to have a high member ranking to be able to set security or something. This forum software isn't the best in the world and probably has a few bugs in it like that.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read somewhere that this software requires the admin to have a high member ranking to be able to set security or something. This forum software isn't the best in the world and probably has a few bugs in it like that.

my ass it does. he was ranked at commander and captain levels on the old forum. :rolleyes:

not that it really matters, just an observation.

Well if he reads it then he will post the answer, but I did a little more reading about this forum software than he apparently did, that's why he never removed the install dir. Or it is because the people who made this software give crap tech support to inform people of security issues.

Well if he reads it then he will post the answer' date=' but I did a little more reading about this forum software than he apparently did, that's why he never removed the install dir. Or it is because the people who made this software give crap tech support to inform people of security issues.[/quote']

This forum software is actually very good. It's 100% object oriented, and the code is very clean. The rank system is totaly arbitrary. Administrator powers are given based on group membership, not based on rank.

As for why I didn't remove the install folder, that was my mistake, nothing wrong with the forum software.

But, this is a little off-topic for this thread, don't you think?

How about a rule for keelhauling those who post torrents that don't belong here? I like swimsuit models as much as the next guy, but unless they feature T'Pol or Bellana ... or even Princess Leia, I nominate Tokra for keelhauling - or at least peeling potatos for then next voyage!

I think that counting to ten before posting isn't enough. Sometimes it needs to be 10^10.

Whoah! 10^10? ROFLMAO

Any idea how long you'll be counting?

Take 2 per second (which is really fast) and:

10.000.000.000 / 2 = 5.000.000.000 seconds

5.000.000.000 / 3600 = 1.388.888,9 hours

1.388.888,9 / 24 = 57.870,4 days

57.870,4 / 365 = 158.5 years

Now that's what I call a turnaround time... ;)

I do have a suggestion though Nite....kinda suprised noone else has thought of it....Why not create a thread called "TEN FORWARD" for everyone to jump in and post and get to know one another. Basically just a plan old BS thread where you talk about anything and everything(using common sense of course). This could be extremely popular and help build a strong core of users and friends extremely loyal to this site.

I believe this idea has already been applied.

The entire general discussion / general discussion part of the forum is devoted to getting to know each other better.

With the greatest respect,

Elladan

I agree with the Fleet Admiral. These rules are acceptable and hold true to both Gene Roddenberry's vision as well as the openness of the internet, which should never be used for anything but improving the community for all people.

I believe this idea has already been applied.

The entire general discussion / general discussion part of the forum is devoted to getting to know each other better.

Yes, most all forums have a general discussion thread, I was suggesting keep with the Star Trek Theme and naming a part of the general discussion area that. TEN FORWARD would attract more traffic than GENERAL DISSCUSION as any TNG fan would immediately know this is where to go to relax, etc. But then again only my 2 cents. Thanks for responding.

Yes' date=' most all forums have a general discussion thread, I was suggesting keep with the Star Trek Theme and naming a part of the general discussion area that. TEN FORWARD would attract more traffic than GENERAL DISSCUSION as any TNG fan would immediately know this is where to go to relax, etc. But then again only my 2 cents. Thanks for responding.[/quote']

Take a look above.. Shift your eyes and screen to the index page... there it is: TEN FORWARD. ;) (for some days now)

So, we'll see... will it attract more attention?

Elladan

Yes' date=' most all forums have a general discussion thread, I was suggesting keep with the Star Trek Theme and naming a part of the general discussion area that. TEN FORWARD would attract more traffic than GENERAL DISSCUSION as any TNG fan would immediately know this is where to go to relax, etc. But then again only my 2 cents. Thanks for responding.[/quote']

Take a look above.. Shift your eyes and screen to the index page... there it is: TEN FORWARD. ;) (for some days now)

So, we'll see... will it attract more attention?

Elladan

Thanks for pointing that out, i can't believe I didn't notice it yesteerday!!LOL But in my defense, I am posting between trying to work, anyway, have a great day!