Bad Wolf(spoilers ep 6)

coolcat13

Here's a thought. The villian of the season on Buffy and Angel were refered to as the Big Bad. Maybe RTD is just spinning us up with Bad Wolf as an homage to Joss Whedon.

"Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?"

Then again maybe not.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having Joss involved would be definitely kind of cool, putting him as a writer or director for some of the second series would be interesting for sure.

Just like JMS from Babylon 5 -- I would be interested to see what kind of input he'd have.

To clarify on the Bad Wolf sighting from the Dr. Who novel: The Clockwise Man.

Oh, and one other thing  on page 120 of The Clockwise Man, mask-wearing Melissa Heart (‘the Painted Lady’) accuses the Doctor:

The door opened almost at once. Melissa Heart was standing there, her face a Pierrot split of black and white. A single white teardrop broke the varnished black of the left side of the mask. ‘Why, Doctor, and Rose, this is unexpected,’ she said without a hint of surprise. ‘You do keep turning up. Like a bad wolf.’

Taken from Scott Matthewman's page.

Maybe this 'doctor' isn't the doctor at all! Maybe... he's the Master! WooOooooOoh!

... heh. maybe the 'Bad Wolf' is someone or something that engineered the war and mutual annihilation of the Time Lords and the Daleks, and is now following along behind the Doctor, leaving 'bad wolf' influences as he observes... as a sort of personal tag?

I don't know... but I find it strange that the Daleks and Time Lords would be able to wipe each other out so completely. These guys control time, after all... how can you wipe out something that travels throughout time without literally removing them from time?

... maybe this 'Bad Wolf' wanted the Daleks and Time Lords out of the way... and used the Doctor as a tool to do so? When one has a good tool, one doesn't just throw it away, after all... and something that could engineer the destruction of the Time Lords AND the Daleks must have a lot of tricks up his/her/its sleeves...

I'm really curious about how this is going to go ^^... RTD is a VERY good writer.

Maybe this 'doctor' isn't the doctor at all! Maybe... he's the Master! WooOooooOoh!

That thought has been in the back of my mind too. But more like the Master is using the Doctor as transport. The Doctor might not know he is there.

This Jack Harkness is wrapped up in it somewhere. From the moments I caught tonight (yet to watch all of it) He mentioned Time Agents and a War but I have a feeling the 'ambulance (the ship he mentioned) and the war he spoke of isnt the war thats going on in London, but possibly the Time War itself. Cant wait for next week!

Ok I cant see any visible proof of Bad Wolf reference this episode but saying that theres still part 2 to go. In 'Aliens Of London & World War 3, basically the only reference was painted on the TARDIS which wasnt really in part 2, so we may see something next week. Howeeeeeveer...being that I like dig deep and see things that arent really there I took a guess on the spelling of the word 'Tula warship' that Jack spoke of. If my spelling is correct I found this info on the net.

Wolf 7.62x54R is very likely mil-spec and it would be mil surp if it went out the other door at the factory. Wolf ammo is made in Tula. Tula is a center of arms production in Russia. The 7.62x54R has the distinction of being the oldest continously used round in any military (Russia adopted it in 1891 and uses it to this day in its MGs and DM rifles).

Also theres the Lycosa tula, or Wolf spider of Ausralia!

Looking for more possible clues. Im buggered if Tula isnt spelt that way hehe, but funny coincidence if it isnt!

1st off remember that the Time War destroyed more than just the Daleks and the Time Lords . There were at least two other races completely wiped out .

here are the truly interesting nuances in this ep # 9

Time Travel is still a part of the galaxy and others still obviously have the ability to travel in time as we see by the bait that was moved through the time line and by a group of Time Agents who are aquiring technology for some reason

The alien was able to spot the TARDIS in the time corridor to lay the bait so The technological level of these Time agents are rather high as even the Daleks had a hard time with finding the Dr in time (though they were occaionally able to manage it .)

another point is that these Time Agents knew what the universal distress code is so they have some grounding in the universe and are not relatively new

so here is a possiability these time agents belong to the CIA (which is not the CIA that non whovians would be thinking )

could the Time Agents be the hier apparent to the Time Lords ?

There were two Bad Wolf references in the episode. Well, one and a half anyway...

1. Little Red Riding Hood - In her conservation with The Doctor, Nancy mentions his big ears & nose.

2. You could see what looked to be a German Focke Wulf fighter aircraft in one of the air raid sequences.

There were two Bad Wolf references in the episode. Well, one and a half anyway...

1. Little Red Riding Hood - In her conservation with The Doctor, Nancy mentions his big ears & nose.

2. You could see what looked to be a German Focke Wulf fighter aircraft in one of the air raid sequences.

Where was that plane? I only saw Heinkel 111. When your husband is an amutuer WWII historian. He points things out like that whether you want to know or not.

Anyone catch all of the graffti? Somthing about Staying until the last blast. But before that in the alley; Something was on the wall, but the Doctor ran by it so fast I couldn't tell.